Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruenna)
    Hello? is anyone gonna answer my question? Oh yeah.... That's why I created a new Harry Potter thread...Its because no one here listens to me!!!
    What was your question?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hello? is anyone gonna answer my question? Oh yeah.... That's why I created a new Harry Potter thread...Its because no one here listens to me!!!
    It's about 5 English pounds to one galleon ie 174 million divided by 34million (approx) by the sound of it. The Maths isn't that hard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Maybe I should do.

Who thinks that Harry and Ron will start a rival to Hogwarts: The first Homosexual Wizarding School?

It would be quite a twist.
    Interesting idea, it certainly be quite a twist, however slightly destructive to the actual plot of Harry Potter.

I was reading at another site, that Dumbledore maybe revealed as Lily's Father, it may explain a lot...It would explain how Petunia shows she knows stuff about the wizarding world still - why Dumbledore calls her by her first name perhaps?She may have been adopted? Also maybe why she accepts Harry into her home? And it maybe Dumbledore's last request?
    However there is the problem with who he saw in the mirror of erised, although maybe Harry wasn't longing to see him then?

ReputationRep:
    Hey u guys this has probably been mentioned before but i was watching the secound movie again (not that great) and then i noticed that hagrid was down in nockturn alley (or what ever its called) and when harry asked what he was doing down there he said he was looking for flesh eating slug repelant and he kind of seemed like he was like or just making up and excuse could that be the small thing in cos that will become important in #6?????????????????????????????? ??????-just a question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    Hey u guys this has probably been mentioned before but i was watching the secound movie again (not that great) and then i noticed that hagrid was down in nockturn alley (or what ever its called) and when harry asked what he was doing down there he said he was looking for flesh eating slug repelant and he kind of seemed like he was like or just making up and excuse could that be the small thing in cos that will become important in #6?????????????????????????????? ??????-just a question
    Nah - there are a lot of small things in the books which people think might be significant, but I don't think that Hagrid's presence in Knockturn Alley is that important at that moment. We may find out later, or it may just have been a convenient arrangement so that he was there when Harry showed up.

I don't think Dumbledore is Lily's father, btw - too close (sort of) to Star Wars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Nah - there are a lot of small things in the books which people think might be significant, but I don't think that Hagrid's presence in Knockturn Alley is that important at that moment. We may find out later, or it may just have been a convenient arrangement so that he was there when Harry showed up.

I don't think Dumbledore is Lily's father, btw - too close (sort of) to Star Wars.
    she was a muggle born anyway wasnt she and dumbledore is no muggle

ReputationRep:
    That's true...even so, there's clearly more to Petunia than we previously knew. The fact that she seems to know more about the wizarding world than she'd been letting on, and the fact that she must actually know Dumbledore, or at least have spoken to him before, as opposed to just having everything about Harry explained to her in a letter, is intriguing, to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, this may be really random but I was one of the finalists for Cho Chang auditions in London.
    My experience --->
    http://www.veritaserum.com/movies/mo...erie-cho.shtml

I had a great time! So, does anyone have any news about who the lucky girl is? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    lol no offense but thats because it really didn't matter to me how much it was worth.

ReputationRep:
    i think he just didn't want harry to get in trouble down there, with malfoy and his dad and all the other wierd people/stuff down there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    i think he just didn't want harry to get in trouble down there, with malfoy and his dad and all the other wierd people/stuff down there.

But he had no way of knowing that Harry would show up there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    yeah but didn't he started getting all touchy once he saw harry?

ReputationRep:
    ITs so obvious he will, JK always adds twists

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaylord Queer)
    I don't get it...?
    Well you wouldn't, being so anti-Harry Potter, becuase it's a Hermionie quote...

ReputationRep:
    I voted that he'll die too...but um, I'm not so sure. Maybe he won't. But then and again, JK doesn't want to write any more sequels. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valcandy)
    I voted that he'll die too...but um, I'm not so sure. Maybe he won't. But then and again, JK doesn't want to write any more sequels. :cool:

I can't see any way that she can get away with killing harry.

ReputationRep:
    We don't know that for sure. I ammit that Dumbledore does seem to be of the Prue Blood type, but that doesn't mean that he couldn't be a half blood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    We don't know that for sure. I ammit that Dumbledore does seem to be of the Prue Blood type, but that doesn't mean that he couldn't be a half blood.

That would explain why the malfoys dilike him so much but I think that they would have said something about him if he was.

ReputationRep:
    I just want to know the real reason he was down there i mean when he said that he was looking for flesh eating slug repelant (i think thats what he said) am i the only one who thought he was lying .....i mean the way he said it just made me question if he was telling the truth.

ReputationRep:
    I can't see any way that she can get away with killing harry.
    Ooooh, I can! Plenty...

I've been thinking he's going to die since PoA.

I really do not think there was anything sinister about Hagrid's activities down Knockturn Alley, or if there was, we would have discovered them by now.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.