The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** Watch

This discussion is closed.
Brooklyn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Snakes don't usually have red eyes- there's something funky about them-

I think Harry's eyes are important, I just don't know why and can't think of a plausible reason- the green flame torch sounds kind of cheesy to me- and actually, I heard that as the title for OotP too, so I'm thinking its an old idea-
*Joanna*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You know at the end of OotP, when Voldemort is posessing Harry? Does he scarper because Harry feels love and emotion when he thinks he'll see Sirius again, or is it just coincidence? I thought the protection of love only lasted until the end of GoF, since Voldemort's now got some of Harry's blood in him, so love isn't painful to him anymore, or am I wrong?
Brooklyn
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's not Lily's love that hurts him anymore- he can't bear to possess a body so FULL of love- as in Harry's love- and the thought of Sirius sent waves of love through Harry, thus evicting Voldie- I kind of found that part interesting- if you are possessing someone, shouldn't you be able to kill them from the inside out? Or if you manage to possess them, shouldn't you have been able to manage an Avada Kedavra? There's something fishy about that whole scene- couldn't Harry just think about the people he loves and charge Voldie to kill him? All goes back to another of my many pet theories that there is some Patronus like spell where you can send waves of love
shilling
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i'd love to know what animal my patronus would be, or what animal I'd turn into if I were an animagus....I'm thinking along the lines of sparrow or robin.
Geogger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just thinking... what else could be in Sirius' vault number 711 at Gringotts ???
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Geogger)
Just thinking... what else could be in Sirius' vault number 711 at Gringotts ???
His motorbike, if he had had it returned to him. Maybe stuff from his old schooldays, and stuff of his friends. Harry could perhaps find them, and therefore find out more about his parents' relationship.
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why 711?

I bet that volde's is 666.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by moncal)
Why 711?

I bet that volde's is 666.
:confused: Now I'm confused. Why 666?
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by shilling)
i'd love to know what animal my patronus would be, or what animal I'd turn into if I were an animagus....I'm thinking along the lines of sparrow or robin.
you can choose what you turn into.

Anyway, i am re-reading book 2, i haven't found any thing that seems odd that could be the clue, except when mr.weasly says mundungus fletcher tried to put a curse on him at work, and since mun. is in the order.... i really cant see it being important. One thing i noticied is how much like a farm they describe the burrow in the book, with chickens and such.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
thats the devil's sign thingy.
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)

666- the number of the beast/antichrist/devil
Geogger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
His motorbike, if he had had it returned to him. Maybe stuff from his old schooldays, and stuff of his friends. Harry could perhaps find them, and therefore find out more about his parents' relationship.
I should think that there must be a fair amount of money too since the Firebolt was supposed to be "International Standard" and fantastically expensive.
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I should think that there must be a fair amount of money too since the Firebolt was supposed to be "International Standard" and fantastically expensive.
14 or 15 years worth of interest will do that.
parvati
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Brooklyn)
All goes back to another of my many pet theories that there is some Patronus like spell where you can send waves of love
Thats really interesting. Maybe Lily worked for the department of mysteries and was researching such a charm. After all, her wand was particularly good for charms. And maybe this waves-of-love-patronus-like-charm protects against the avada kadavra curse. And maybe thats what Lily cast to protect Harry when Voldie came after them. It would explain why Harry managed to survive Voldie that first time.
parvati
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by parvati)
Thats really interesting. Maybe Lily worked for the department of mysteries and was researching such a charm. After all, her wand was particularly good for charms. And maybe this waves-of-love-patronus-like-charm protects against the avada kadavra curse. And maybe thats what Lily cast to protect Harry when Voldie came after them. It would explain why Harry managed to survive Voldie that first time.
And it is well known that it was Lily's love that saved Harry
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That is quiet an interesting theory. I wish jk would release something lik Hogwarts, A history to keep us entertained.
Nissa
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
J K Rowling has now said in 2 interviews that Harry might not survive at end of book 7. What do you guys think. The prophecy says that in order for Voldemort to die, Harry would have to kill him, or vice versa. However, Dumbledore could have killed Harry if he had killed Voldemort when Harry was possessed. That doesn't make sense as the prophecy says that Voldemort has to die at the hand of Harry. In this case, Harry would not have killed him.
Surely, the way in which Harry and Voldemort and Harry would both die, is surely if Harry is possessed, and Harry sacrifices himself. But then, there would not be a battle scene at the end. Therefore I'm hoping that Rowling will not kill Harry at the end.
But what do you guys reckon? Will Harry die at the end of book 7, or will J K Rowling will be kind enough to let him enjoy the aftermath of killing Voldemort?

Mod Edit
This thread is very long so if you want to go straight to the end to join in click here
Then you can get stuck in!
Ollie
One of the Weasleys is sure to die,maybe several in fact and probably Ron trying to save Harry!
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Maybe Lily worked for the department of mysteries and was researching such a charm.
No no no, both Lily and James were teachers!
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
I wonder if maybe they didn't have a job. Maybe james was so rich that htey didn't need to work.
shilling
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
Where did it say that?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (132)
18.38%
No (436)
60.72%
Not really bothered about them (150)
20.89%

Watched Threads