Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Maybe Dumbledore just thinks Snape would be better at Potions? Plus it provides a useful narrative device for introducing new characters each book.

There must be something in snape's past that makes Dumbledore think that Snape should not get the DADA position but still makes him worthy of being potions master.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    There must be something in snape's past that makes Dumbledore think that Snape should not get the DADA position but still makes him worthy of being potions master.
    Yes, but hopefully we will find out one day. I think that might be significant, unlike some other stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Alright guys. I've made a list of all the main characters that are introduced in each book. Any chance you guys can help me to see if i've missed any out (miniusing all the DADA teachers as i am doing them as a separate section).

Book 1

Harry Potter
    Ron Weasley
    Hermione Granger
    Hagrid
    Prof Dumbledore
    Prof McGonagall
    Snape
    Draco Malfoy
    Neville
    Percy
    Fred & George
    The Dursleys
    Voldemort

Book 2

Arthur Weasley
    Molly Weasley
    Ginny
    Lucius Malfoy
    Dobby
    Collin Creavey
    Womping Willow
    Fudge
    Fawkes
    Moaning Myrtle
    Tom Marvolo Riddle

ReputationRep:
    Book 3

Sirius Black
    Cho Chang
    Peter Pettigrew
    Cedric Diggory
    Prof Trelawney

Book 4

Bill Weasley
    Charlie Weasley
    Viktor Krum
    Fleur Delacour
    Rita Skeeter
    Prof Grubbyplank

Book 5

Various members of the Order
    Luna Lovegood
    Grawp

ReputationRep:
    Book 4
    Crouch
    Bagman

Book 3
    Buckbeak

ReputationRep:
    Book 4
    Crouch
    Bagman

Book 3
    Buckbeak
    I thought about Buckbeak, but i thought that if i metioned him, i'd have to metion Crookshanks and Hedwig and that.

ReputationRep:
    The Potters were attached on Halloween night- so they wouldn't have been home for the holidays- also- we dont know that all the teachers live there- only the heads of house HAVE to- they can't ALL be single- I'm sure a couple live "off campus" and since they are wizards, they could live ANYWHERE and just apparate home from Hogsmead- although I think Godric's Hollow is probably near Hogwarts- Godric WAS a founder, I'm sure he founded a school near his home-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I thought about Buckbeak, but i thought that if i metioned him, i'd have to metion Crookshanks and Hedwig and that.
    Then, mention them. They're pretty important. And Scabbers! Barty Crouch and Mr Crouch.
    Firenze and the other centaurs. Bellatrix, Winky and can we have the knight bus driver in as well, what's his name again?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I think I know who's gonna die. My friend and I have found numerous hints towards this in the books. Here's one:

In book 5, I think in chapter 16 (I'm not sure) They are all in Flitwick's classroom, and they have teacups whizzing around everywhere. Now, Ron's teacup falls off the table and breaks, but hermione fixes it for him, but then, Hermiones falls off the table and shatters. I don't remember her fixing it. We think that Hermione will die saving Ron's life. JKR did say that a long standing character would die. There are other clues too, but this is just one of the main ones.

ReputationRep:
    This is a bit off the above topics, but I'm sure moaning Myrtle must know more about events that happened around the time Tom Riddle was at school and could be a valuable resource.

ReputationRep:
    I think dumbledore will not let Snape teach DADA because he knows how good Harry is at it and how important it will be against Voldemort, therefore Dumbledore knows Snape and Harry have a problem and he cannot afford this to prevent Harry learning DADA

ReputationRep:
    about lily and james.... i think they were unspeakables, and making a weapon against volde. Then volde found out, so dumbledore sent them away to gordrics hollow, and we haven't anything about it so maybe its a very safe place. That may be why we dont know a lot about them, and it would prob. pay a lot of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Book 3

Sirius Black
    Cho Chang
    Peter Pettigrew
    Cedric Diggory
    Prof Trelawney

Book 4

Bill Weasley
    Charlie Weasley
    Viktor Krum
    Fleur Delacour
    Rita Skeeter
    Prof Grubbyplank

Book 5

Various members of the Order
    Luna Lovegood
    Grawp
    Book 3: How could you foget lupin!

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friends thought of an idea, what if Fawkes in actually Godric Griffindor as an animagus.....and voldermort's snake (kak..somin?!) could be salaza slytherin!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Book 3: How could you foget lupin!
    I said that i was doing all the DADA teachers as a seperate section.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruenna)
    Ok, I think I know who's gonna die. My friend and I have found numerous hints towards this in the books. Here's one:

In book 5, I think in chapter 16 (I'm not sure) They are all in Flitwick's classroom, and they have teacups whizzing around everywhere. Now, Ron's teacup falls off the table and breaks, but hermione fixes it for him, but then, Hermiones falls off the table and shatters. I don't remember her fixing it. We think that Hermione will die saving Ron's life. JKR did say that a long standing character would die. There are other clues too, but this is just one of the main ones.
    When she said a main character would die, she was talking about Sirius. She has said that more deaths are coming in future books, but she never said that another main character was getting the boot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dychey)
    Me and my friends thought of an idea, what if Fawkes in actually Godric Griffindor as an animagus.....and voldermort's snake (kak..somin?!) could be salaza slytherin!
    I have a feeling that Fawkes was originally Godric Gryffindor's pet and Nagini (?spelling) was originally the pet of Salazar Slytherin. So perhaps a showdown between the two in book 7?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    I have a feeling that Fawkes was originally Godric Gryffindor's pet and Nagini (?spelling) was originally the pet of Salazar Slytherin. So perhaps a showdown between the two in book 7?
    That sounds better than the animagus thing. I mean, they are 2 pets which could easily live to be up to old age. If this was true, and if Harry was the heir of gryffindor, then maybe Dumbledore will give Harry Fawkes. Suppose the heir only realises that he is the heir when he comes of age or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    Yea, tht does make a lot more sence than my earlier idea! but maybe dumbledore could be the heir of gyriffindor therefore he has fawkes? does anyone know what house he was in, even if he went to hogwarts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    That sounds better than the animagus thing. I mean, they are 2 pets which could easily live to be up to old age. If this was true, and if Harry was the heir of gryffindor, then maybe Dumbledore will give Harry Fawkes. Suppose the heir only realises that he is the heir when he comes of age or something.

Maybe Dumbledore is gryffindor's heir. Then he would have loaned Godric's Hollow to the potters and that's why he has Fawkes.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.