The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7560
I got it! I got it! The major thing in the chamber.

Fawkes comes. He brings Gryffindor's hat. He also brings Gryffindor's sword. Fawkes is Gryffindor's pet. Dubledore is the heir of Gryffindor. Fawkes comes to harry's aid because he has shown loyalty to Dumbledore who is the heir of Gryffindor and has thus shown loyalty to Godric Gryffindor Fawkes's original master.
Reply 7561
There seem to be equal numbers of clues to say that either Harry or Dumbledore could be heir of Gryffindor
Reply 7562
moncal
Maybe Dumbledore is gryffindor's heir. Then he would have loaned Godric's Hollow to the potters and that's why he has Fawkes.

Then, maybe Harry is related to Dumbledore and he is the 2nd heir. And Dumbledore will die, and Harry will become the heir of gryffindor and inherit fawkes etc...
Reply 7563
moncal

Fawkes comes. He brings Gryffindor's hat. He also brings Gryffindor's sword. Fawkes is Gryffindor's pet. Dubledore is the heir of Gryffindor. Fawkes comes to harry's aid because he has shown loyalty to Dumbledore who is the heir of Gryffindor and has thus shown loyalty to Godric Gryffindor Fawkes's original master.

Actually I think I'm beginning to lean towards the theory that Dumbledore is the heir of Gryffindor rather than Harry as well and the above fits in extremely well with that :smile:
Reply 7564
Xenon
Then, maybe Harry is related to Dumbledore and he is the 2nd heir. And Dumbledore will die, and Harry will become the heir of gryffindor and inherit fawkes etc...

second heir? But JKR has said over and over that harry has no more living reletives
Reply 7565
PadFoot90
second heir? But JKR has said over and over that harry has no more living reletives

On his Fathers side of the family. You could go back to the theory that Dumbledore is related to Lilly some how.
Reply 7566
Dude
On his Fathers side of the family. You could go back to the theory that Dumbledore is related to Lilly some how.

But then if Lily had more relatives isn't there a chance that Harry could have gone to them? They'd still have his mothers blood for protection, but they might have been a bit nicer to Harry
Reply 7567
Ruenna
Ok, I think I know who's gonna die. My friend and I have found numerous hints towards this in the books. Here's one:

In book 5, I think in chapter 16 (I'm not sure) They are all in Flitwick's classroom, and they have teacups whizzing around everywhere. Now, Ron's teacup falls off the table and breaks, but hermione fixes it for him, but then, Hermiones falls off the table and shatters. I don't remember her fixing it. We think that Hermione will die saving Ron's life. JKR did say that a long standing character would die. There are other clues too, but this is just one of the main ones.

I'm not sure Hermione could die. If you think about it JKR would be killing off they main female character and in doing so would alienate a lot of young female readers
Reply 7568
ditzy blonde
But then if Lily had more relatives isn't there a chance that Harry could have gone to them? They'd still have his mothers blood for protection, but they might have been a bit nicer to Harry

If he is. I dount that Dumbledore is related to Lilly, but if he was. He'd most likey be his only other realtive, and one of the Profs did say in book 1 that Harry would be better growing up without the fuss of being treated like a celebrity.
Reply 7569
moncal

It's a very good theory and the pet thing is most likey true since Phoniexs are considered to be imortal.
Reply 7570
Dude
If he is. I dount that Dumbledore is related to Lilly, but if he was. He'd most likey be his only other realtive, and one of the Profs did say in book 1 that Harry would be better growing up without the fuss of being treated like a celebrity.

I guess, the only other thing I have against Harry having other relatives is why Dumbledore hasn't told him about them earlier, I just think its a bit mean, especially when Harry has noone and has lost the closest thing he had to a father.

What do we all think of my flashy new status title by the way? Pencil Queen came up with it, I'm ever so pleased with it!
Reply 7571
ditzy blonde
I guess, the only other thing I have against Harry having other relatives is why Dumbledore hasn't told him about them earlier, I just think its a bit mean, especially when Harry has noone and has lost the closest thing he had to a father.

What do we all think of my flashy new status title by the way? Pencil Queen came up with it, I'm ever so pleased with it!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO, That looks really cool that. How can you do something like that.
Reply 7572
Dude
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO, That looks really cool that. How can you do something like that.

Pay the £5 subscription, its really hard to think of one though (hence Pencil Queen chose mine) You can see who deleted threads and why as well, its quite bizarre. Quite a few people have them now.
Reply 7573
ditzy blonde
Pay the £5 subscription, its really hard to think of one though (hence Pencil Queen chose mine) You can see who deleted threads and why as well, its quite bizarre. Quite a few people have them now.

Well the subscription does grant you certain powers. If i had the money, i'd proplery do it as well.
Reply 7574
YES, I've over taken Brooklyn in the post count. I'm now fourth.
Reply 7575
ditzy blonde

specially if that relative was dumbledore! :smile:
Reply 7576
How do you look up post count again?

I do like DUmbledore as Gryffindor's heir, but what about Aberforth? He's either the older brother, normally considered an heir, or the younger, thus not leaving Dumbledore as the last of the line.

I sincerely doubt Dumbledore is related to Harry without ANYONE having said anything by now- especially Dumbledore

Dumbledore was a Gryff- its in book one- Ron says it on the train I believe- after Hermione's little rant about why Gryff sounds the best
Reply 7577
Ditzy- I love your status title! :smile:

and Padfoot- love your icon!
I definitely like the Dumbledore as Gryffindor's heir theory....but I'm not willing to give up on the idea of Harry being his heir as well - and yet I can't accept that Dumbledore was related to Lily, because she was muggle born, and by the sound of it, it was something completely new to her parents. No history of witches or wizards in the family, or anything like that. Pity really - would have been quite nice if Dumbledore hat been Lily's grandfather or something. I think somebody did suggest that perhaps Petunia was a squib, which would be a good reason why she was so resentful of Lily, but I think that's pretty unlikely...again, interesting thought though.
Reply 7579
Dude
YES, I've over taken Brooklyn in the post count. I'm now fourth.

Nice one! I've now got 53 posts left on this thread to reach 1000 posts on here.
And nice title ditzy! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending