Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    We all know harry's parents were killed by voldemort, but what about all of james's family???
    yes...that is a very nagging question..i wonder if he is related to anyone we knoe...other than HARRY

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    yes...that is a very nagging question..i wonder if he is related to anyone we knoe...other than HARRY

CR
    Imagine james being related to snape or malfoy! But i guess that sirius' mom would have said if he was related to malfoy... I really can't think of anyone who he would have been related to, or at least not with the information we have now...

ReputationRep:
    Indeed...I have also been wondering about relations recently- it's suprising that neither James or Lilly- apart from Petunia, had any surviving relatives- no gramparents, uncles, nephews etc...
    Were all the marauders single children? No siblings or parents left?

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, first i would like to thank u for wishing me a good vacation, it was very enjoyable. Wow, who knew there would be so many posts since friday?Any way, it's good to see new posters. But back to harry potter.......

About someone's idea that dumbledore is a house elf... how come he has a wand? How come he does not look like a house elf? Hmmmm... Where was sirius mentioned in book 1? I bet u r right, percy will try to redeem himself for the way he has acted. He will come back to save Mr. Weasley, but die trying. I have a nagging question... We all know harry's parents were killed by voldemort, but what about all of james's family???
    Hiya Siriusfan, welcome back.
    I think that Sirius was mentioned in the 1st book, when Hagrid was saying about him borrowing Sirius' motorcycle. Also, Harry must have seen Sirius in the photo album Hagrid gave him, even though he wouldn't know it then. About James being related to someone we know, could be true, as we haven't found out anything about his family. But then, who would have that uncontrollable messy black hair? I know that this is an old idea, but it hasn't been mentioned (I think). But could James have been an heir to one of the founders?

ReputationRep:
    Ummm. i don't know fom what we know now, this is what i would say:

James: single child, lupin would have told him
    Wormtail: Who cares?
    Lupin: dunno sinlge i guess
    Sirius: he had a brother, but he was killed if u recall.... death eater

Thanx Xenon, good question... My guess would be no, but that is just a guess, i think we dumbledore would ahve told harry, but then again voldemort was a heir to slytherin.... so maybe!! that's might be part of y voldemort killed him!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Indeed...I have also been wondering about relations recently- it's suprising that neither James or Lilly- apart from Petunia, had any surviving relatives- no gramparents, uncles, nephews etc...
    Were all the marauders single children? No siblings or parents left?
    I'm guessing that Lupin was an only child as else wouldn't he have mentioned a sibling, and mightnt he/she be in the order (unless he's evil).

ReputationRep:
    i think i can say with a sturdy face Harry is the heir of grffyndor..no matter how much i think about anyone else..harry did pull out that sword...even if it meant nothing...he still did it

CR

ReputationRep:
    Who thinks we will find more out about sirius's dead death eater brother regulus? ( he is barley mentioned in book five on page 112, if u dont remember, and care to look )

ReputationRep:
    Who thinks we will find more out about sirius's dead death eater brother regulus? ( he is barley mentioned in book five on page 112, if u dont remember, and care to look )
    thank you for the info i was about to ask..i don't think so..

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    thank you for the info i was about to ask..i don't think so..

CR
    No problem.. Hmm... i had a feeling we would find more out about him...

ReputationRep:
    No problem.. Hmm... i had a feeling we would find more out about him...
    if he was alive he could have spoiled the secret black house to the evil side..

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    if he was alive he could have spoiled the secret black house to the evil side..

CR
    good point, but he was killed by other death eaters when he tried to back out

ReputationRep:
    did we have any additional info about regulus..such as..was he freindly with sirius or was he a geek like snape

CR

ReputationRep:
    it doesn't say much... i would guess it was like a dursley situation, sirius's parents did not like him him, and they often told him regulus was a better son... then they just talk about his death and stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    i think i can say with a sturdy face Harry is the heir of grffyndor..no matter how much i think about anyone else..harry did pull out that sword...even if it meant nothing...he still did it

CR
    I think this is unlikly - One of JKRs messages is that you don't have to turn out your family. which makes me think it is much more likely to be Harry's personal abilities rather than his relation to Griffindor which determines why he pulled out the sword.

ReputationRep:
    I was reading the beginning of book 5 again, you know where Harry gets rescued by the guard. Remember, Moody gave that huge explanation about what happens when under attack, and the others didn't know that it was worth telling Harry about this. I have a feeling that what Moody said might come in extremely useful in he next few books. So maybe at the beginning there might very well be an attack on the order or at least on the guard. Just hope Lupin survives, else there goes Harry's sanity.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, check out this page:

http://www.geocities.com/lytapadfoot/Analysis/Names.htm

it has a run down of most of the HP names and their meanings. I found this one most interesting:

"Ron Weasley
    Ronald: (Scottish) King’s adviser.
    Weasley: Ron Weasley's full name may also be a translation of Running Weasel, a king of the 6th dynasty. He was supposedly a famous chess player who never lost a game, but met his end when a rat his soldiers had dyed yellow knocked over a lamp and started a fire that consumed his palace. "

Of course I can't verify the believability of this source, it could be that the page's author is just making this one up (however, I can verirfy the truth in the latin based names myself) but could it be that if this is true, Wormtail could kill ron?

ReputationRep:
    I just started book 3 again last night. Crookshanks eyes are Yellow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    Hey guys, check out this page:

http://www.geocities.com/lytapadfoot/Analysis/Names.htm

it has a run down of most of the HP names and their meanings. I found this one most interesting:

"Ron Weasley
    Ronald: (Scottish) King’s adviser.
    Weasley: Ron Weasley's full name may also be a translation of Running Weasel, a king of the 6th dynasty. He was supposedly a famous chess player who never lost a game, but met his end when a rat his soldiers had dyed yellow knocked over a lamp and started a fire that consumed his palace. "

Of course I can't verify the believability of this source, it could be that the page's author is just making this one up (however, I can verirfy the truth in the latin based names myself) but could it be that if this is true, Wormtail could kill ron?
    That's treally weird especially if from an accurate source. Unfortuanately, I feel that it COULD be right that wormtail kills Ron, but I hope not, because I want Ron to kill Wormtail, as he feels betrayed by him!
    Oh yeah, and where did people cme up with Crookshanks having green eyes then. I mentioned it because I have heard from people that Crookshanks has green eyes. Oh whoops!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    That's treally weird especially if from an accurate source. Unfortuanately, I feel that it COULD be right that wormtail kills Ron, but I hope not, because I want Ron to kill Wormtail, as he feels betrayed by him!
    u know the saying dont judge a book by its cover...welli basically knew that scabbers was going to betray ron and freinds...because i saw the picture of scabbers on the cover along with the shadow...and on the sleeve thingy it says there might be a traitor among them so know i look at all the covers before and after reading to look for clues...

CR

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.