The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7740
Dude
Knowing my luck, she will get hree after i've gone. Try to save me a piece of cake if you can ditzy.

I'll give it a go, but I can't guarantee I'll still be here, Xenon, save me and Dude a piece of cake please!
Reply 7741
And some balloons to get us in the party spirit:
Reply 7742
ditzy blonde
I'll give it a go, but I can't guarantee I'll still be here, Xenon, save me and Dude a piece of cake please!

As we are the top three posters (not counting the posts Padfoot made as Siriiusfan), i think we derserve it.
Reply 7743
Correction- Cho is with Michael Corner now, remember? Ginny told Harry and Ron on the train ride home- interesting that Ginny and Harry's ex's are together... :smile:

Ruenna- how could you hate Ginny!!! She's my favorite character- three million clues in such little camera time :smile: Plus it would just be too cute if they got together- his best friend's sister? and then he could really be a Weasley... I wonder if you marry a Weasley if your hair turns red..... :smile:
Reply 7744
oh- and the drinking age this side of the pond depends on the state- :smile: But I think the wizarding world has its own drinking age, don't you? I got the impression 17 was the age of all allowances- you can apparate, use magic at home, have firewiskey..... I'll stick to butterbeer though- magical or not, wiskey makes me ill.... do you think they have anti-hangover charms?
Dude
If you think about it, the answers obvious. They wanted a girl. They just had to go through 6 boys in order to get her.

Perhaps she's the seventh child of a seventh child..isn't that supposed to be quite magical?
Reply 7746
There's nothing in HP abou the 7th child of a 7th child, but there's alot in the fanfics, which makes me think there might be something in folklore- anyone ever hear of that?

The only other thing I can think of is that there is some sort of Weasley family curse to have boys? something about the genes- but then if Weasley's can only have boys, what did they do to have Ginny?

another Ginny point- she is a year younger than Harry, which means she was born the year Harry's parents were killed- I wonder what her birthday is? Maybe Halloween?
Reply 7747
ditzy blonde
So are we going to crack open the Butterbeer again, (and the firewhiskey for us over 18's) to celebrate Xenon's birthday?

Here, I got you a cake (Its a Harry Potter one, Hogwarts castle!)
Xenon, if you'd like to cut the cake so we can share it around!)

Thanks!
I'm back! Time for the butterbeer now (and firewhiskey for those who want). Shall I cut the cake now? I hope there's been a spell to make it extra large, for all the posters on here. Don't I have to blow out the candles first. (An attempt to hold onto the suspense)
Reply 7748
Dude
As we are the top three posters (not counting the posts Padfoot made as Siriiusfan), i think we derserve it.

o so those dont matter thats nice :mad: :biggrin:
Reply 7749
PadFoot90
o so those dont matter thats nice :mad: :biggrin:

Don't worry, I'm sure there's enough for everyone. There, the cake is cut. A piece of cake and a bottle of beer (or fire whiskey) for everyone, and for those who are away, they can come claim it when they come back.
Reply 7750
Xenon
Don't worry, I'm sure there's enough for everyone. There, the cake is cut. A piece of cake and a bottle of beer (or fire whiskey) for everyone, and for those who are away, they can come claim it when they come back.

Thanks xenon :smile: what flavor is the cake :biggrin:
Reply 7751
I want an icing snitch!
Reply 7752
I wonder what ever happened to ladyblitzer?
Reply 7753
PadFoot90
Thanks xenon :smile: what flavor is the cake :biggrin:

It look like a scrumptious chocolate cake (I got one for tonight at home too)
Reply 7754
PadFoot90
I wonder what ever happened to ladyblitzer?

Hmm. Dunn, she hasn't posted since 30th march. :confused:
Reply 7755
Xenon
Hmm. Dunn, she hasn't posted since 30th march. :confused:

thats odd. She was quite a regular.... as was kikas. I hope we are not falling back to the times when there were about 4 of us. Also, kcoverest has left i guess.
Reply 7756
PadFoot90
thats odd. She was quite a regular.... as was kikas. I hope we are not falling back to the times when there were about 4 of us. Also, kcoverest has left i guess.

Nah, hopefully not. There are many newbies who have come on this thread too. There may be fewer of us old thread posters posting here, but there are many more new users making up the numbers. Hopefully the thread will continue to live strongly.
Reply 7757
Happy birthday Xenon :smile:
Reply 7758
Here I am, just read through another week's worth of pages, and I keep forgetting what I meant to reply on beforehand!

parvati
Actually I think I'm beginning to lean towards the theory that Dumbledore is the heir of Gryffindor rather than Harry as well and the above fits in extremely well with that :smile:

The thing is about all this discussion of heirs, is it isn't just a trait inherited by one person. If Dumbledore is Gryffindor's heir, then so would his brother be, and one of their parents and a great grand parent and so on and so forth, and it would be the same for Harry. If he'd got his 'heirdom' from James, then James would also have been an heir, as would his father/mother and again so on. If it was from Lilly's side of the family, then Lilly, Petunia and Dudley would also be heirs. Just doesn't seem to fit, and that's just on a small scale, think, with siblings involved, how many people would have inherited some founder-genes if they had married and had children.

I also doubt that Dumbledore is related to Harry, and if he is, then it's very strange he should lie to him as he has, and left him as he did. Also, as someone pointed out, if he was a reasonably close relation, he should have appeared in the mirror of Erised.

I do however appreciate the idea of Fawkes being Gryffindor's (I may have said this before?).

shilling

It's funny how old Dumbledore is really - do wizards just live longer than muggles, or had he been taking some of that elixir or life?...
But we know it's not just him, as his brother is still alive as well.
CR3
hey i can only stop in for a MIN just wanted to say hi and that the harry potter trailor was released (the full trailor) about a day or two ago. i
Ah, hello! Not seen you in long while.
You've just reminded me what I meant to post a week ago - someone may have yet said it (replying through about 12 pages and have 8 to go) but you can get to advanced previews of PoA at some cinemas. My family is all booked to go, but I'll be on a Spanish trip with school so will miss the debut. I'll have to go when I get back :smile:

--
I'm not too keen on all these Animagus theories. It's been done, and I think it'd be a bit dodgy if half the animals in the series turned out to be some supressed wizard or witch that'd been concealing themselves for goodness knows how long.

moncal
He has a lifetime ban. In the past teachers have been reluctant to remove punishments. He did break a rule.
But that was Umbridge's choice of malicious punishment - going against their head of house.

Brooklyn
hahahaha hadn't thought of that actually- guess they can use birth control charms- of course, then what's the Weasley's excuse?

*chuckles*, yeah, these silly old muggles with their fiddly little devices. -Surely not something else Mr Weasley is keen to collect and tamper with?
Xenon
. There may be fewer of us old thread posters posting here,

I'm still here! Though a bit less frequently recently...but just caught up on the lat posts- phew! :smile:

Now...I hope the button I pressed didn't just delete half of my post!

A third and final Happy Birthday Xenon :smile: -Here's a nice little Potter icon for you. [perhaps not a rival for the cake and balloons but...]
Reply 7759
Egan1
A third and final Happy Birthday Xenon :smile: -Here's a nice little Potter icon for you. [perhaps not a rival for the cake and balloons but...]

Thanks egan :smile:
It's now exactly midnight. :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending