Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im cofused now how did harry get blamed for what dobby did (does that mean that if there was a wizard in harry's house *hypothetically speaking* who did magic and apparted *cant spell sorry* then harry would get the blame because it was in his house and they would think it was him).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    Im cofused now how did harry get blamed for what dobby did (does that mean that if there was a wizard in harry's house *hypothetically speaking* who did magic and apparted *cant spell sorry* then harry would get the blame because it was in his house and they would think it was him).
    I think that we are all confused about the detected magic thing. Unless there is something that we have all missed then jk screwed up. Tonks does magic at privet drive in the 5th book. So does Mr Weasley in the 4th book. Harry doesn't get in trouble either time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I think that we are all confused about the detected magic thing. Unless there is something that we have all missed then jk screwed up. Tonks does magic at privet drive in the 5th book. So does Mr Weasley in the 4th book. Harry doesn't get in trouble either time.
    Maybe someone should ask her in the next interveiw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Maybe someone should ask her in the next interveiw.
    Noone will though, it'll be full of stupid children asking pointless questions like whats going to happen at the end and whats your favourite book! Grr, children irritate me!

The interview went reasonably well, I don't think I made too much of a fool of myself, although I did go off on a huge rant about Tescos homeshopping for no apparant reason (the job was for management trainee at Morrisons) :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Noone will though, it'll be full of stupid children asking pointless questions like whats going to happen at the end and whats your favourite book! Grr, children irritate me!

The interview went reasonably well, I don't think I made too much of a fool of myself, although I did go off on a huge rant about Tescos homeshopping for no apparant reason (the job was for management trainee at Morrisons) :confused:
    I know what you mean. They ask things like "Will Harry die in the last book?" when they know perfectally well that she aint going to answer a thing like that. They did ask some good things though, like "Do wizard children attend muggle primary school?".

Glad your interveiw went well. Hope you get the job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I know what you mean. They ask things like "Will Harry die in the last book?" when they know perfectally well that she aint going to answer a thing like that. They did ask some good things though, like "Do wizard children attend muggle primary school?".

Glad your interveiw went well. Hope you get the job.
    It'd be nice to be offered the job so I can turn it down, I really don't want to be a manager, it'd be hell!

We need another interview, to clear up all the question generated after the last one! Can't imagine they'll be another one for a while yet, unless she says something when the film is released, I'm sure she must be due to announce the title of the next book soon

ReputationRep:
    We need another interview, to clear up all the question generated after the last one! Can't imagine they'll be another one for a while yet, unless she says something when the film is released, I'm sure she must be due to announce the title of the next book soon
    I had a dream last night where i won a private interveiw with JK Rowling, and i got to ask her all the important questions. There was two other people with me as well. One i didn't reconise, and the other was a giant blue smurth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I had a dream last night where i won a private interveiw with JK Rowling, and i got to ask her all the important questions. There was two other people with me as well. One i didn't reconise, and the other was a giant blue smurth.
    It must be a sign!

ReputationRep:
    It must be a sign!
    Yer, a sign that i shouldn't eat garlic bread right before bed.

ReputationRep:
    I am the giant Blue Smurf

Here's my detected magic theory- which I will also show you the problem with- I think they track the person, not the wand- otherwise how would they have known Harry blew up Aunt Marge? He didn't have his wand on him- plus think of all the mayhem of accidental magic of little kids if the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad was only tracking wands? That explains the overage/underage in the same house problem-

ok- for the Dobby magic problem- I believe Dobby PURPOSEFULLY channelled Harry's magic for the Hover Charm- which is why it was labelled and tracked as a wizard's charm and not house elf magic- he WANTED Harry to get in trouble so he wouldn't go back to school.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it

ReputationRep:
    something I also noticed last night- when they are talking about Mandrakes in book 2, they say they restore people who are transfigured or cursed- now isn't Voldie cursed/transfigured? If they gave him mandrake restorative would that make him Tom Riddle again?

again though- problem, in the movie, they say it restores people who are petrified (annoyance at the movie now)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    something I also noticed last night- when they are talking about Mandrakes in book 2, they say they restore people who are transfigured or cursed- now isn't Voldie cursed/transfigured? If they gave him mandrake restorative would that make him Tom Riddle again?

again though- problem, in the movie, they say it restores people who are petrified (annoyance at the movie now)
    I think its more that Mandrake turns people who have been cursed by someone else, or turned into something like a frog back to their original form, I don't think theres enough of Tom Riddle left in Voldemort to change him back. Although that could be a key think, play on the fact that Voldemort was once human.

And what are you talking about, its obvious that I'm the smurf, did you not see my avatar (although I've just changed it)

ReputationRep:
    Ah- forgot your avatar- which is one of my favorites

I guess the reasons "cursed" stuck in my head was because they say in book one that the person who drinks unicorn blood will have a "cursed" life.

Even if it isn't mandrakes, I'm beginning to think Neville's abilities in Herbology aren't accidental- as well as Snape's in Potions- I'm beginning to think there is some potion that will need them to link together- Neville will have to stand up to him and Snape will have to learn to work with a student- maybe even the Mimbulus Mimbletonia! maybe that goo does something- what did he say about it? It has amazing defensive capabilities or something?

ReputationRep:
    The theory about the under age masgic thing is really good i could never come up with that............i have read this books so many times (never get old) but now im starting to read them out of order 5,4,3,2,1 or 1,3,5,4,2..............) But i cant come up with anything new almost everything is coverd on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    O yeah 23 days till the next movie it better not suck if im wasteing my money on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    O yeah 23 days till the next movie it better not suck if im wasteing my money on it
    No movie for you then

Anyway, i was kind of dissapointed in book 5, i thought volde would be back in his reign of terror, and there would be lots of fights and stuff. Do you think book 6 or 7 will have him back to power and randomly killing like before, or will he lie low until a possible final showdown. Also, do you think the part about Mr Weasly being attacked by the snake was suposed to make us think he was the one to die, or just a regular part?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    No movie for you then

Anyway, i was kind of dissapointed in book 5, i thought volde would be back in his reign of terror, and there would be lots of fights and stuff. Do you think book 6 or 7 will have him back to power and randomly killing like before, or will he lie low until a possible final showdown. Also, do you think the part about Mr Weasly being attacked by the snake was suposed to make us think he was the one to die, or just a regular part?
    For some reason i think voldie will go after people important to harry and then try to bring him down......i think harry is a big priority for him, he needs to take harry down to come back....but it might be the other way he might try to get all his power back bit by bit untill its not hard for him to bring down harry........................... ..but i dont know j.k always surprises us

ReputationRep:
    Well she said that the next book shows the "wizarding war has really started"- so I think its going to be alot scarier and possibly more action-

this was WAY too long without a new post!

another ?--- How come they don't track Hagrid's magic? and why won't they let him use it now?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Xenon, I know I've asked this before, but I already forgot- when is the thread's bday?

ReputationRep:
    Am i the only one on today? Doesnt anyone have anything to say????!!!

Here's something to start SOMEONE on a rant- I heard they are considering making the whole Cho thing a MUCH bigger deal- picture bitter, unhappy Harry, pining away for Cho- passionate kissing (or if in UK, snogging) in the RoR-

also heard that the Ron, Hermione thing is going to be placed in movies 4 and 5 as though they are dating and not telling Harry- apparently directors think this will be better storyline for tweens....

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.