Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    areas- but I doubt REALLY close to muggles- unless they give up magic altogether- imagine how odd it would be! Plus the owls alone....

ReputationRep:
    i don't think harry potter will die at the end of book 7 co isn't the last line...'Harry, where's your scar?'---so someone would have asked that question...and hoping for an answer..lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojo)
    i don't think harry potter will die at the end of book 7 co isn't the last line...'Harry, where's your scar?'---so someone would have asked that question...and hoping for an answer..lol

That is just speculation. If it is true then he must indeed be alive. But if it's not...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojo)
    I forgot about that. Unless she's changed the ending or it's not true. This reminds me of Katy's comments that Harry Potter will wake up and discover that it's all been a dream. If the last line is that, then I guess there is a good possibilty that Harry will live *Yippee!* Unless J K Rowling will include afterlives (or Harry as a ghost! ).
    Wait, if she had kept ths as the ending, why did she keep on asking, how are you so certain that Harry will survive, if the answer from the line would be obvious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    areas- but I doubt REALLY close to muggles- unless they give up magic altogether- imagine how odd it would be! Plus the owls alone....
    But remember at rons house they had to flow very low when practicing quidditch so they were not seen?

Also, was this thread closed last night?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojo)
    You are brilliant i never thought of that.....then he must be alive (or thats eally not the last sentance)

ReputationRep:
    I thought the last line was supposed to be scar. We don't know for sure if that's the last sentence. It could be something like how the one with the scar saved everyone and he does die (please NO). Many possibilities are open here... many.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ringer4ever)
    I thought the last line was supposed to be scar. We don't know for sure if that's the last sentence. It could be something like how the one with the scar saved everyone and he does die (please NO). Many possibilities are open here... many.

Anything that has been "released" about the later books is so far just speculation. Nobody knows how the books will end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Hmmm, Hermione doesn't see much of her parents does she? She spends christmas and easter at school a lot of the time and in book 5 it sounded like she went to Grimmauld Place quite early on in the holidays (all the secretive letters Harry got implying that Ron and Hermione were spending the holidays in the same place) I know if I was a witcfh I wouldn't want to go back to living like a muggle, but I just feel a bit sorry for her parents (have just realised I have no idea what my point was)
    Hmm, Ron & Hermione spending a lot of time together...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojo)
    We don't know for sure if thats the last line. My theroy is that the books will end how they started.

"All over the country, people were raising their glasses and murming "To Harry Potter, The Boy who Lived".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojo)
    If someone would have asked thatg question maybe that means Voldemort had died meaning Harry's scar ust have dissapearead (like a curse or some thing)

*Thinking to my self* What a succesfull thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    We don't know for sure if thats the last line. My theroy is that the books will end how they started.

"All over the country, people were raising their glasses and murming "To Harry Potter, The Boy who Lived".
    I think that would be the best way to end the series, going full circle and ending where it started, it would make it more final in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    I agree with you on the Hermione slowly spending less time with her parents- and at the end of book five, remember how her parents were clinging to her and she pushed them off to go talk to the Order? I think there is going to be some point where she has to choose between the wizarding world and the muggle- (also, wasn't Dean Thomas over at Seamus's for the World Cup? Maybe he's slowly leaving his parents as well?) MAYBE that's why Petunia is so ticked at Lily- Lily left them for the wizarding world....hmm
    :rolleyes: (supposed to be thoughtful rather than sarcastic) Hmmm, I like that theory. Theres obviously going to be sacrifices to be made, and i agree, Herminone giving up muggle links could well be one of them

ReputationRep:
    Somewhere it was rumored the last WORD was scar- I've never heard that as the last sentence though- it DEF was not from any JK interviews- I'm a dork and read them all- even transcripts- but even JK said she may change the wording of the ending- she wrote out what HAPPENS to everyone- not the exact wording of the last chapter- plus she's always revising-

I DEF agree that the last book will end something like it started- it would be nice if it were "To Harry Potter, the Boy who Lived", but kind of annoying as well- he'll never be able to blend into the crowd, will he?-

one thing I'm wondering about- JK said in the next book, muggles will notice more of the odd happenings about hte war- does this mean there will be more muggle involvement? I kind of hope not- I don't really care too much about muggles...they just aren't as interesting

ReputationRep:
    I would have a heart attack if the last chapter was "The Boy Who Died" but what if the boy was Neville cuz he could have been the prophecy and all? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ringer4ever)
    I would have a heart attack if the last chapter was "The Boy Who Died" but what if the boy was Neville cuz he could have been the prophecy and all? :confused:
    yeh maybe neville?

ReputationRep:
    It's not Neville- Neville's got his own stuff going on but he's just not Harry

ReputationRep:
    How embarrassed would Harry be if they made a "Harry Potter day"

Hey WE should celebrate Harry Potter day! July 31st?

ReputationRep:
    Yes you are right prolly not neville.

ReputationRep:
    Quoteey WE should celebrate Harry Potter day! July 31st?

We should shouldn't we?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.