Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    I did not specifically mean EVERYONE. If someone does not like Harry than fine, I won't force them, but if someone is going to go and verbally bash him without knowing just about ANYTHING about him then they need to shutup. Only people who like Harry should celebrate. OKAY??? Does that help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ringer4ever)
    I did not specifically mean EVERYONE. If someone does not like Harry than fine, I won't force them, but if someone is going to go and verbally bash him without knowing just about ANYTHING about him then they need to shutup. Only people who like Harry should celebrate. OKAY??? Does that help?
    ok i'm gonna celebrate, what r u lot gonna do?

ReputationRep:
    Oh and with that whole adult obsession with Harry, yes I agree it is kinda weird seeing freaked out Harry Potter Freak adults. But I'm still a kid and I don't think it should matter if I like Harry and you should leave me alone about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    ok i'm gonna celebrate, what r u lot gonna do?
    Have parties themed with him and read bout him and talk bout him of course.

ReputationRep:
    Fine whatever but i will probably STILL like him just prolly not dress like him and everytime i see any word related to it prolly not start going into a seizure.

ReputationRep:
    No but like if i see a pottery sign i start screeching and ive dressed like him twice and i own a wand that i stick i ppls faces.

ReputationRep:
    hmm- sticking a wand in people's faces is a bit much- except maybe on a book or movie release day.... there are ALOT of old people here who get really obsessive- its one thing to really like hte books- another to run around NYC dressed like a wizard in your 30s....or older.... last book I saw this 60-70 yr old man dressed like DUmbledore...

we should go crazy on HP day (and of course just for fans- I dont think we could get the queen to declare everyone to party....) make butterbeer, watch the movie- speed read the books- maybe everyone from the thread should wear something special? start a trend?

ReputationRep:
    Ruenna (my freaky equal friend) does it too!!! And i dressed like him at 12 twice so yea it when i heard bout second movie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    hmm- sticking a wand in people's faces is a bit much- except maybe on a book or movie release day.... there are ALOT of old people here who get really obsessive- its one thing to really like hte books- another to run around NYC dressed like a wizard in your 30s....or older.... last book I saw this 60-70 yr old man dressed like DUmbledore...

we should go crazy on HP day (and of course just for fans- I dont think we could get the queen to declare everyone to party....) make butterbeer, watch the movie- speed read the books- maybe everyone from the thread should wear something special? start a trend?
    You can bet Ill be doing it. I have a recipe for butterbeer somewhere...

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=chats]
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    its one thing to really like hte books- another to run around NYC dressed like a wizard in your 30s....or older.... last book I saw this 60-70 yr old man dressed like DUmbledore...
    QUOTE]

lmfao who the f**k is dumbledore
    Whats Imfao??? Dumbledore is the headmaster of Hogwarts school of withccraft and wizardry

ReputationRep:
    what's lmfao?

ReputationRep:
    why are you hre if u don't know who dumbledore is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    laughin my fu**in ass off.
    sorry every1 has all these weird abbreviations what is rofl? or sumthing like dat.
    I dont know.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the great exit *sarcasm*

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh u r being way immature. dont be a freak. i did not do nrthing to you.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, back to the subject. I think Brooklyn posted his recipe for butterbeer during our 1000th vote on the poll party (btw, the no. of votes on the poll is now at 1100).
    I'll try and dig out the recipe. Here it is:

ReputationRep:
    Butterbeer! It warms you up AND tastes great. Now in take-away form from The Three Broomsticks. (Many thanks to Melissa for this recipe!)

Ingredients:

1 cup (8 oz) club soda or cream soda
    ½ cup (4 oz) butterscotch syrup (ice cream topping)
    ½ tablespoon butter

Directions:

Step 1: Measure butterscotch and butter into a 2 cup (16 oz) glass. Microwave on high for 1 to 1½ minutes, or until syrup is bubbly and butter is completely incorporated.

Step 2: Stir and cool for 30 seconds, then slowly mix in club soda. Mixture will fizz quite a bit.

Step 3: Serve in two coffee mugs or small glasses; a perfectly warm Hogwarts treat for two!

Pumpkin Juice, a favorite for feasts at Hogwarts that you can now take home with you!

Ingredients:

2 cups of pumpkin, chopped up into chunks
    2 cups of apple juice
    ½ cup of pineapple juice
    1 teaspoon of honey (more or less to your liking
    Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg and/or Allspice (all ground, to taste)

Directions:

Step 1: Juice the pumpkin pieces by squeezing through a cheesecloth or using a juicer if you have one.

Step 2: Pour the pumpkin juice, apple juice and pineapple juice into a blender.

Step 3: Add the honey (we recommend you start with 1 teaspoon, as you can add some later!) to the juices and blend thoroughly.

Step 4: Add your spices (to taste). This might take some experimentation to get right.

Step 5: Chill your pumpkin juice or serve iced and enjoy!

Thick and rich Pumpkinshakes! One of Rosmerta's newest concoctions! (Many thanks to Megan for this recipe!)

Ingredients:

1 banana, peeled and frozen
    3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
    3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
    1 scoop vanilla ice cream
    1/3 cup water or milk (creamier)
    Whipped cream (optional)
    Cinnamon (optional)

Directions:

Step 1: Cut frozen banana into small pieces and put all ingredients into blender.

Step 2: Blend on high until smooth.

Step 3: Pour into two tall glasses, top with whipped cream and sprinkle cinnamon over the pumpkinshake. Serve while still chilled!

Ton-Tongue toffee just for you, though we promise it's been anti-jinxed to keep your tongues small! (Many thanks to Rachel for this recipe!)

Ingredients:

2 cups sugar
    8 tablespoons of butter
    ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (or imitation)
    1½ cups water
    Additionally, a candy thermometer is required

Directions:

Step 1: In a medium saucepan, mix all ingredients and melt over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved.

Step 2: Without furter stirring, boil until mixture reaches 290°F on your candy thermometer.

Step 3: Pour mixture into a greased or buttered 9"x12" pan and let cool until almost firm to the touch.

Step 4: Score surface into 2" squares with a sharp knife, but do not cut completely.

Step 5: When cool, break into pieces (this should be easier if toffee was properly scored).

Step 6: Enjoy! Makes 1¼ pounds of toffee.

Treacle Fudge is a sweet treat from Mrs. Weasley or a tooth-breaker from Hagrid. Be sure yours doesn't get too hard! (Many thanks to Aurora for this recipe)

Ingredients:

½ cup light cream or evaporated milk
    ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
    ¼ teaspoon salt
    4 ounces of unsweetened chocolate
    2 tablespoos unsalted butter
    1/3 cup molasses

Directions:

Step 1: In a large bowl, mix cream, brown sugar and salt together.

Step 2: In a saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter together. Remove from heat and add molasses.

Step 3: Add the chocolate mixtures and cream mixtures together. Pour mixture into a pan and let cool.

Step 4: Cut into squares after cooled and serve. Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Ok, back to the subject. I think Brooklyn posted his recipe for butterbeer during our 1000th vote on the poll party (btw, the no. of votes on the poll is now at 1100).
    I'll try and dig out the recipe.
    Here's the recipe:

Brooklyn's Butterbeer Recipe!
    ----------------------------

Ingredients:
    Nestle's Butterscotch Ice Cream Topping
    Cream Soda
    Butter

COLD VERSION: Put approximately two large spoonfulls of the butterscotch, a dab of butter, and a splash of cream soda in a microwaveable dish (can change amounts to taste) and microwave for approximately 20 seconds or until mixture appears thin- pour into glass. While stirring, fill glass with cream soda (BEWARE! CRAZY FIZZING WILL OVERFLOW). Be sure to stir until butterscotch mixture is completely disolved)

WARM VERSION: Put large spoonfulls of the butterscotch, a dab of butter, and a splash of cream soda in a pot (can change amounts to taste), and keep on a low heat, constantly stirring until mixture appears thin. Slowly add most of a glass of cream soda, and continue stirring until warm (BUT NOT BOILING). Pour into glass, then add a splash of cream soda to start fizzing (WARM BUTTERBEER DOES NOT FIZZ AS WELL AS COLD).

Btw Ringer4ever, you're recipes sound scrumptious. I've got to try making them.

ReputationRep:
    dying to try ton-tongue toffee- although shouldn't treacle fudge have.. umm.. treacle in it?

I think their pumpkin juice recipe has too much in it- that would be too heavy to drink at every meal (they do seem to drink it like water, don't they?) I'll try to work on it this weekend

anyone have any more recipes? For gillywater or something from the twins' Skiving Snackboxes? I have a feeling Fever Fudge has red hots in it..... hmm- maybe fainting fancies have caffeine...

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.