Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    Where's the feather and flask?
    Just realised that the watch shows the proper time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Hey CurryADD. I think we're in an inbetween stage where some newbies are just starting to come on, ad not many of us "oldies" remain. This new site has brought up a lot of excitement. Also exams! You want some butterbeer left over from our last party?
    yes i noticed

thats why i left

dont know anyone anymore and dont care to "get to know people"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    yes i noticed

thats why i left

dont know anyone anymore and dont care to "get to know people"
    It's changed on here, and I haven't been around here as often!

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to be the 8000th replier to this thread. Nice! I love spam don't you. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThunderCat8)
    I just wanted to be the 8000th replier to this thread. Nice! I love spam don't you. :cool:
    to bad u missed it, Xenon got it. Serves you right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    to bad u missed it, Xenon got it. Serves you right.
    Yer, people shouldn't come on here just to get certain posts. Congrates Xenon. Makes you wonder who will be luckey poster, number 10,000.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, does anyone know how long you have to wait for Peeves to come past? I keep flicking back and forth and missing him, this site is getting infuriating now! and Brooklyn, how did you get that latin stuff? Its mean of you not to share with the group!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Just wondering, does anyone know how long you have to wait for Peeves to come past? I keep flicking back and forth and missing him, this site is getting infuriating now! and Brooklyn, how did you get that latin stuff? Its mean of you not to share with the group!
    I'd rather she didn't. I want to try and find it for myself.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry- didn't mean to not share- don't have a comp at night-

Here's everything on the new page- so we can avoid repetetive posts- I read the whole reply thing on mugglenet, and trust me, those people have got it all down

No matter how long you wait (someone tried leaving it all night), that door doesn't open- there's no way to get through- popular theory is JK will open it to announce when book 6 is coming out- probably before she tells anyone else- so bookmark and keep checking! I AM curious as to why she used a hair tie.....

Peeves will eventually come on every page and do something- steal ribbons, knock things over, just causing mayhem- it doesn't mean anything (yet)

There are only 4 things for your scrapbook

JK's voice is the one saying "Hello" on the phone- doesn't do anything else-

no one knows why they bother with the light switches or radio- might be things that mean something LATER

Vote Mark Evans!!!

My favorite site facts:

Ginny's real name is Ginevra Molly Weasley (supposedly Ginevra is the Italian version of Guinevere)

Molly Weasley was born Molly Prewett (Prewett's were killed by V- check Lexicon)

JK went onto a mugglenet chatroom as "Squidward" (apparently she likes Spongebob) and no one was interested in her theories on book 7!! (Mugglenet mods are trying to dig up the discussion- check there)

She doesn't want us to call him "Voldie"

Jo (she wants us to call her that) once threw a battery at her sister, leaving a scar above her eyebrow

Congrats Xenon on 8000! Well deserved!

ReputationRep:
    almost forgot- someone replied to the comments on mugglenet and said they were Jo- said that since we all loved the site so much, here was the address of the "secret page"
    http://www.jkrowling.com/f7b3qash/my_room_book.swf

of course who knows if it was really JK- but who can translate????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)

My favorite site facts:

Ginny's real name is Ginevra Molly Weasley (supposedly Ginevra is the Italian version of Guinevere)

Molly Weasley was born Molly Prewett (Prewett's were killed by V- check Lexicon)

JK went onto a mugglenet chatroom as "Squidward" (apparently she likes Spongebob) and no one was interested in her theories on book 7!! (Mugglenet mods are trying to dig up the discussion- check there)

She doesn't want us to call him "Voldie"
    You do know whats going to happen now though, don't you. When the mugglenet chatroom is up and running, loads of people will be calling themselves Squidward and pretending to be her.

As for not calling Voldemort, Voldie. Sorry JK, but it's a habbit.

ReputationRep:
    sorry- ditzy, didn't read your post until now- but you can't find it- there's no access to it from the official page- it was just a link from a posting-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    sorry- ditzy, didn't read your post until now- but you can't find it- there's no access to it from the official page- it was just a link from a posting-
    So there are only 4 secrets then. I think i have three at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    don't forget the cell phone

btw- ignore the whole secret page thing- its dummy text- put there by the web gurus who made the site I guess- its some archaic form of latin used to show what the typeset will look like- the phrase means roughly that no one seeks pain, because pain is not pleasure, but some pain is pleasure or something like that- see http://www.loremipsum.net/translations.html

erg- its kind of like getting a smell of some really great chocolate cake, isn't it? The site is great and all but I want MORE!!

ReputationRep:
    I think you do have to wait till jk rowling opens the door.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't read the WHOLE thread so I'm sorry if I'm repeating something.
    I think that Harry migh technically die because he will try to go behind the veil which I'm assuming is where all the dead people are.
    Anyone think so too?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Honeyducks)
    I think you do have to wait till jk rowling opens the door.
    Well I followed a thread indicated on one of the fan sites it was www.jkrowling.com/flash/my_room.swf
    This led me to the room OPENED! inside was a table with an open book on it, but no way could you get the book to move. On the wall were two pictures. No major useful info I'm afraid. I guess that when she is ready to set a publication date and / or title then the door will properly open from within her site and the info will be on the book for us!

On the first evening I tried, I got onto this page with no problems several times. Tried again yesterday and it doesn't exist - I think the website creators realised it had been hacked!

ReputationRep:
    probably- doesn't work now- I'm sure she'lll add more when the movie comes out- who was keeping the countdown? Something like 16 days, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    Well I followed a thread indicated on one of the fan sites it was www.jkrowling.com/flash/my_room.swf
    This led me to the room OPENED! inside was a table with an open book on it, but no way could you get the book to move. On the wall were two pictures. No major useful info I'm afraid. I guess that when she is ready to set a publication date and / or title then the door will properly open from within her site and the info will be on the book for us!

On the first evening I tried, I got onto this page with no problems several times. Tried again yesterday and it doesn't exist - I think the website creators realised it had been hacked!
    I just tried the link you gave me and it wont work for some reason ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggysqueak)
    I haven't read the WHOLE thread so I'm sorry if I'm repeating something.
    I think that Harry migh technically die because he will try to go behind the veil which I'm assuming is where all the dead people are.
    Anyone think so too?
    I'm not sure why he would want to do that. I reckon that if Harry were to die, it would be more spectacular and more meaningful.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.