Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    I supose she is related somewhere back there- but then Neville would be related to Sirius and the Weasley's and Draco as well- but I don't think shes a close relative

anyone else seriously (no pun) wish she had published the Black Family tree? She even said last interview that people were always asking who Harry was related to- why doesn't she answer!!!
    Maybe cos they will be important in the next books. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    This is quite scary! My 1000th post on this thread. I daresay, at the rate some posters are going at, I'm not going to be the only one to reach it, and will probably get overtaken later. This thread potentially has many years still left on it, as people will want to discuss the books until sometime after the last book comes out. I hope that it does remain, and I reckon I might still be around here, at least for this thread.
    I like the fact that thsi was the longest thread. It also helps to attract new users.
    I wonder what type of diseases wizards and witches can get. I mean, with all the potions and stuff, surely they have the means of curing many a thing. So, all witches and witches live longer, unless the die by sudden means or something?
    Do we know when Neville's birthday is? I don't reckon that Dumbledore would have told the longbottoms, cos Neville wasn't really in danger.
    Did you guys read the part about how Dean Thomas was going to be a main charcater, but then J K Rowling decided that Neville's journey would be more important to the story. The Dean story sounded interesting. She said that Neville had a big part to play. I wonder how big a part that is. Because surely in terms of helping Harry against Voldie, Ron and Hermione would have bigger parts.
    Dean huh? I actually kind of always liked him. I also liked seamus before book 5.

ReputationRep:
    i think someone posted this before..or maybe it was somewhere else..but what is the number you put into the cell phone on Jo's site? I've done it before, but I forget- and it was on another computer, so I want to add the 4th secret to this comp. I know the number has "6,2, and 4" in it.

so..help would be nice..yea... thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dracos_Goddess)
    i think someone posted this before..or maybe it was somewhere else..but what is the number you put into the cell phone on Jo's site? I've done it before, but I forget- and it was on another computer, so I want to add the 4th secret to this comp. I know the number has "6,2, and 4" in it.

so..help would be nice..yea... thank you!
    Look at your phone and type in the numbers that spell magic

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah to continue my wonderful count down there are 14 days untill the 3rd movie comes out............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    oh yeah to continue my wonderful count down there are 14 days untill the 3rd movie comes out............
    Actually your countdown has made me kind of want to see the movie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Actually your countdown has made me kind of want to see the movie.
    is that a good thing or a bad thing if its a bad thing im sorry:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    is that a good thing or a bad thing if its a bad thing im sorry:rolleyes:
    It's a bad thing in a way. I saw the advert for it the other day and it looks pretty rubbish. Daniel Radcliff was beinbg abit dramitic when he's saying EXPECTO PARTRONUM. (wrong spelling i no).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    and Bellatrix Lestrange mentioned to Neville that "your grandmother is used to losing people" in the wars- how did she know about his family setup? Don't think it came out in conversation- possibly she knew the Longbottom's for some reason?
    Wasn't it the Lestranges that tortured Neville's parents? That explains why she knows why he lives with his Grandma, because she effectively put them in St Mungo's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    Wasn't it the Lestranges that tortured Neville's parents? That explains why she knows why he lives with his Grandma, because she effectively put them in St Mungo's.
    Yep, that is correct.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thought I'm come into uni and catch up before my exam, gotta be quick though, it starts in less than an hour! Wish me luck!

I had a really important point to make, but I can't for the life of me remember it now, its blatantly going to come to me in the middle of the exam and won't be able to remember anythin maths related!

Are the dementors in the film how everybody imagined? I saw the trailer last night and my housemate seemed to think they should be fatter, and be physically big and intimidating, this resulted in a large arguement as I maintain thta they should have been skeletal, like the Grim Reapers always portrayed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Ok, thought I'm come into uni and catch up before my exam, gotta be quick though, it starts in less than an hour! Wish me luck!

I had a really important point to make, but I can't for the life of me remember it now, its blatantly going to come to me in the middle of the exam and won't be able to remember anythin maths related!

Are the dementors in the film how everybody imagined? I saw the trailer last night and my housemate seemed to think they should be fatter, and be physically big and intimidating, this resulted in a large arguement as I maintain thta they should have been skeletal, like the Grim Reapers always portrayed.
    First off, good luck for your exam ditzy

I've always pictured the Dementors as i pictured the Ringwraiths of LOTR. Big, hooded cloaked figures

ReputationRep:

On the trailor that I saw, the dementors looked like the ring wriaths from lord of the rings. This is really a dissapointment. I have a math test today too. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    First off, good luck for your exam ditzy

I've always pictured the Dementors as i pictured the Ringwraiths of LOTR. Big, hooded cloaked figures
    What do Ringwraiths look like?

ReputationRep:
    What do Ringwraiths look like?
    Like i said, big, hooded cloaked figures on horses. So the dementors will be the same (minus the horses of course).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Like i said, big, hooded cloaked figures on horses. So the dementors will be the same (minus the horses of course).
    Sorry, was being dubm, Cosmology overload!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, was being dubm, Cosmology overload!
    lol, i'm catching up on you with posts ditzy. I'm only like 6 posts behind you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    lol, i'm catching up on you with posts ditzy. I'm only like 6 posts behind you.
    And you'll probably over take me over the next month or so, but trust me, I'll catch up as soon as I get home and can post everyday again!

ReputationRep:
    And you'll probably over take me over the next month or so, but trust me, I'll catch up as soon as I get home and can post everyday again!
    As will i.

ReputationRep:
    And I'm always right behind you two

Ministry of Magic # 62442

the Lestrange's DID torture the Longbottoms, but that shouldn't tell them WHO Neville lives with- how do they know he didn't go to an aunt, cousin, or Grandfather- Bellatrix seems to know his grandmother- maybe they ARE related? hmm-- or maybe Bella was friends with Alice in school?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.