Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dychey)
    Madame Maxime and Mad Eye Moody have been cast for the GOF film, its Frances de la Tour and Brendan Gleeson, I have no idea who these are, will they fit the parts well?
    Yep. here is the newsround story on it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/tv...00/3742727.stm

ReputationRep:
    OK- NY premiere last night- whole city in an uproar- DAN WAS DOWNSTAIRS THIS MORNING! on the Today show- Emma and Rupert later this week- Rupert looks awful btw- long hair does NOT become him- can't wait to go see it!!!

to answer a question- we get the movie first because it was made by Warner Bros.- which is a HUGE company who makes half of everything here- and is part of an even BIGGER company called Time Warner, which owns just about every tv station, radio station, magazine, book, movie, etc in the USA- therefore, despite the all British cast, HP movies are considered American- apparently movie nationality only has to do with the production company, not the location or cast-

ReputationRep:
    back to the book of course

I still think McGonagall's Ginger Newt was suspicious

yes- the empty Ministry was weird- hopefully will be answered in the inquest Dumbledore said they WOULD have

the DADA teacher is always a NEW character- I don't think she is going to change that for the last two books- after 5, its kind of tradition (and I feel like she said that in an interview, but my memory is a little fuzzy- I think it was before book 5 came out- she said it would ALWAYS be someone new)- unless its Snape so that Harry can take Potions- then there will eb a new POTIONS person- (if this happens I will seriously be 99% sure that there is a potion that will be very important in the fall of Voldie or Neville's parents- maybe one Lily or James was working on?? or something with Dragon's Blood? the 13th use?)

Karkaroff is gone- vamoosed- at most we might hear about his body being found

no way is Krum or Fleur teaching- 1)too young 2)both have jobs already 3)you can't be a teacher if you DATED A STUDENT- eww- Jo isn't that raunchy!

ReputationRep:
    oh sorry- last one- it's Expecto Patronum- it makes a Patronus, which chases the dementors away (and apparently can knock over living people- Malfoy) but it doesn't kill/vanquish them- I figure there has to be some way to vanquish them- if they are eternal, Harry's in even deeper trouble....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    oh sorry- last one- it's Expecto Patronum- it makes a Patronus, which chases the dementors away (and apparently can knock over living people- Malfoy) but it doesn't kill/vanquish them- I figure there has to be some way to vanquish them- if they are eternal, Harry's in even deeper trouble....
    Hmmm, are they alive? They remind me of zombie-like creatures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    how is it that the Americans get to see it before us.
    Yeah, I was a bit miffed about that too. It even made the late night news over here. American's in I think it was New York, watching something that predominantly starred British actors in a flick set in Britain, written by a British author before the rest of the world. Odd, very odd.

ReputationRep:
    grins you hit on one of my favorite pet theories no one else is very interested in I htink Snape was a spy who tipped off DUmbledore that Voldemort was after the Potters- I think that's why Dumbledore trusts him not to kill Harry all the time and how he got the job at Hogwarts-

I think the "..." in the prophecy just means her voice trailed off- she was already repeating the first line anyway- and how much worse could it get??

She said someone there now BECOMES a teacher, not stays on and becomes a teacher- big difference- like Lupin, an exstudent can be called back quite a bit later to teach- in fact, I'll bet most of the teachers were students once upon a time-

theory I hit on in a fanfic that I thought might be possible- if you kill a
    dementor, would the souls he's sucked be released?
    And so too I come to my pet theory about Snape, and I also have a feeling yours is correct I'm still positive that Snape is Voldermort's son. Head of the Slytherin house, former death eater, keen on the dark arts (both job at hogwarts and in general), master of duelling and most of all, first time he and harry made eye contact, harry's scar hurt. Does anyone agree with this?

ReputationRep:
    gotta say no- sorry though! a little too soap opera- plus- in that last interview online (not the website, before) she said that Voldemort is the LAST of his line- he doesn't have any kids-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    And so too I come to my pet theory about Snape, and I also have a feeling yours is correct I'm still positive that Snape is Voldermort's son. Head of the Slytherin house, former death eater, keen on the dark arts (both job at hogwarts and in general), master of duelling and most of all, first time he and harry made eye contact, harry's scar hurt. Does anyone agree with this?
    i have actually never heard that theory before and well it makes sense but then again it is only one side of the story.
    but if snape is voldemorts son, wouldn't ge suppport gim to kill harry? harry isn't voldemorts favorite but in the first book snape helped harry during a quiddich game when another professor (don't remember his name) tried to ruin it for harry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Yeah, I was a bit miffed about that too. It even made the late night news over here. American's in I think it was New York, watching something that predominantly starred British actors in a flick set in Britain, written by a British author before the rest of the world. Odd, very odd.
    Same thinking here. I didn't understand it at all. We should have got 1st viewing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    That would make Snape heir of Slytherin. I had thought it was always Quirrel who was in the background whenever Harry thought it was Snape making his scar hurt.

ReputationRep:
    I know this is the wrong place to say this but ofr some reason I am not intrested in HArry Potter at all. Is that Wrong or do other ppl think that it is boring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    That would make Snape heir of Slytherin. I had thought it was always Quirrel who was in the background whenever Harry thought it was Snape making his scar hurt.
    Its defintitely not true. If you go to JK Rowlings Official site she specifically states in the Rumours section that Voldermort is definitely the last surviving descendant of salasaar slytherin which means he has no children.

She also said in the world book day interview earlier this year

Harry: Has Voldermort any children

JK Rowling replies -> No. Voldemort as a father... now that's not a nice thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confusd_puzzled)
    I know this is the wrong place to say this but ofr some reason I am not intrested in HArry Potter at all. Is that Wrong or do other ppl think that it is boring
    No its not wrong, you are entitled to your own opinion.

About the Dementors, i dont think they are dead already, its not like LOTR where they were people, the dementors are an actual race. I wonder what would happen if you used Avada Kedavra on one? I doubt anything would happen, or that would be the way to get rid of them, except its an unforgivable, so you could get in trouble.... i dunno i guess. Maybe if you are powerful enough expecto patronum might get rid of then once and for all?

I think Karkaroff might return, but get killed pretty quick. Although voldemort doesnt want to draw more attention to himself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confusd_puzzled)

Lots of people don't care for harry potter. No one minds if you say so as long as you are civil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    No its not wrong, you are entitled to your own opinion.

About the Dementors, i dont think they are dead already, its not like LOTR where they were people, the dementors are an actual race. I wonder what would happen if you used Avada Kedavra on one? I doubt anything would happen, or that would be the way to get rid of them, except its an unforgivable, so you could get in trouble.... i dunno i guess. Maybe if you are powerful enough expecto patronum might get rid of then once and for all?

I think Karkaroff might return, but get killed pretty quick. Although voldemort doesnt want to draw more attention to himself.
    I don't think anything would happen if you used Avada Kedavra on them. It does say somewhere that the only effective spell against Dementors is Expecto Parotem (you know what i mean).

By the way guys, i got a C for my Harry Potter website (an E is a pass in college).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Lots of people don't care for harry potter. No one minds if you say so as long as you are civil.
    Yer, there are people who create threads just to say how much they hate Harry Potter.

ReputationRep:
    gotta say I think the hate threads are silly- threads should be about stuff you LIKE and want to talk to other people about- not stuff you hate- erg-

sorry to be the odd toe out on the HP release- films are almost never filmed here, and they always use actors from that country- doesn't mean that country should get to see it first- the company is going to release it where they will get the media attention, near their own home base- plus they really want to get an Academy Award this time for special effects or something- maybe now that LotR is over HP will have a chance!

I wonder if when making a Patronus, instead of recalling one happy memory, you concentrated on ALL your happy memories- if that would change it somehow....

ReputationRep:
    gotta say I think the hate threads are silly- threads should be about stuff you LIKE and want to talk to other people about- not stuff you hate- erg-

sorry to be the odd toe out on the HP release- films are almost never filmed here, and they always use actors from that country- doesn't mean that country should get to see it first- the company is going to release it where they will get the media attention, near their own home base- plus they really want to get an Academy Award this time for special effects or something- maybe now that LotR is over HP will have a chance!
    Soz Brooklyn,I know what you are thinking. But we do derserve to see it first. Practically everything about it is British.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, have you seen the picture of one of the guys who plays a Weasley twin? Talk about an image change!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/pi...00/3741533.stm

Yell at me if you want, but I actually think the trailer looks quite good! Mind you, there wasn't really that much Harry/Hermione/Ron acting in it, so maybe that helped...

Ooops just re-read that and it sounds like I fancy him- I don't!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.