Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    WOW! I wanna go to Harry Potter's magical world!! Sounds bloody brilliant to me that does! I wanna duel with moldywart and the malfoys! and I can *SO* picture the Diagon Alley scene where all the food shops are and stuff.

Sod the kids, get me over there! oooh, can I be the official tester?! lol

PS: You could so make it up so that the kids (read -that I-) can get a picture taken flying with a Quidditch team or with Harry - all you need is a green background and a fan - bingo!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=_EMMA_]it is hard to find the right place, but preferable UK instead of the US it is bad enough that they relase the movie there first. don't get me wrong i don't have anything against the us, it is just that it is a british book.

Exactly - Harry Potter is British. No matter how hard the American's may try to nick it from us, it's ours damnit! lol

It would be great to be in the UK, maybe they could demolish, say... Birmingham (no offence any Birmingham-ites) and put it there!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know the UK at all (never been) but I KNOW that a HP theme park would go over huge here- and I know the perfect place- there are two possibilities- one is this water theme park called Riverland or Riverpark or something that closed down 4 years ago- all the land and water rides, etc are still there- its just closed- the other is Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey- they own hundreds of acres, really like theme sections (they have a whole superhero section with batman, superman, etc) and have a TON of money- Also (drum roll please) they are owned by Warner Bros. which owns the rights to merchandising as well as the movies- (have you seen HP toys so far? they stink) so they could actually do it! plus, if it works well, there are about a dozen Six Flags parks around the country, they could expand it to those as well- Sire you should write up a presentation and present it to them! It would be absolutely wicked.....

ReputationRep:
    imagine a rollercoaster where you sit on a broom.... ouch!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red665)

Exactly - Harry Potter is British. No matter how hard the American's may try to nick it from us, it's ours damnit! lol

It would be great to be in the UK, maybe they could demolish, say... Birmingham (no offence any Birmingham-ites) and put it there!
    lol, i really like the idea with the theme park but there must be a way to make it happen without demolish birmingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    lol, i really like the idea with the theme park but there must be a way to make it happen without demolish birmingham
    LOL, well alright, they can take Croydon I spose... wouldn't make much different! plus it'd be nearer to me! :P

ReputationRep:
    A theme park would be terrible.
    It would have all the horrible cartoon faces.
    It would be like a land of merchandise.
    Eughhh

ReputationRep:
    I completely forgot... We have to have Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans Perhaps chuck em at kids as they pass by certain buildings (In little bags of course, can't have em eating of the ground)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    I don't know the UK at all (never been) but I KNOW that a HP theme park would go over huge here- and I know the perfect place- there are two possibilities- one is this water theme park called Riverland or Riverpark or something that closed down 4 years ago- all the land and water rides, etc are still there- its just closed- the other is Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey- they own hundreds of acres, really like theme sections (they have a whole superhero section with batman, superman, etc) and have a TON of money- Also (drum roll please) they are owned by Warner Bros. which owns the rights to merchandising as well as the movies- (have you seen HP toys so far? they stink) so they could actually do it! plus, if it works well, there are about a dozen Six Flags parks around the country, they could expand it to those as well- Sire you should write up a presentation and present it to them! It would be absolutely wicked.....
    I'm definitely going to give it a shot I think. As soon as my exams are gone that is. As for riding the brooms. I reckon a bit of padding would solve the problems there. I'm not too sure about the little ones falling off and claiming compensation though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I'm not too sure about the little ones falling off and claiming compensation though.
    a seat belt could come in handy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I'm definitely going to give it a shot I think. As soon as my exams are gone that is. As for riding the brooms. I reckon a bit of padding would solve the problems there. I'm not too sure about the little ones falling off and claiming compensation though.
    Definitely, the rollercoaster has to be based on quidditch! Think of all the manouvers you can do in quidditch. Corkscrews, and huge loop the loop, going sideways.... actually, can't it be a hanging rollercoaster, with the feat hanging out, and the top looking like a broomstick?
    Any chance of this theme park being in London?
    Imagine what the opening day would be like. HP goodiebags given to everyone. Flying bags of bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans.
    The play area could be amazing.
    For another ride, the whomping willow, where you're on one of these branches, andyou get twisted and turned everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Definitely, the rollercoaster has to be based on quidditch! Think of all the manouvers you can do in quidditch. Corkscrews, and huge loop the loop, going sideways.... actually, can't it be a hanging rollercoaster, with the feat hanging out, and the top looking like a broomstick?
    Or it could go to the ground like the Wronski Feignt thingy magig.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggysqueak)
    Or it could go to the ground like the Wronski Feignt thingy magig.
    Ooh yes, a steep slope down, close to the ground, and then turn into a loop or a couple of corkscrews. Can you do corkscrews on a hanging rollercoaster. But then I guess if it was a hanging rollercoaster, it wouldn'tbe in the same position as though you were on an actual broomstick.

Come on guys, more ideas for rides or attractions!

For a game, you could have the chucking of gnomes and aiming at targets or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    a seat belt could come in handy.
    Hey!!! thats a great idea. Here you go parents, if your child starts stuffing around on the brooms, feel free to push them off and hope that the seat belt gets caught around their necks for free strangulation Just kidding. Good idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Hey!!! thats a great idea. Here you go parents, if your child starts stuffing around on the brooms, feel free to push them off and hope that the seat belt gets caught around their necks for free strangulation Just kidding. Good idea.
    Can't you have broomstick like cars where you sit inside them? It wouldn't be too tough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Any chance of this theme park being in London?
    Imagine what the opening day would be like. HP goodiebags given to everyone. Flying bags of bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans.
    The play area could be amazing.
    For another ride, the whomping willow, where you're on one of these branches, andyou get twisted and turned everywhere.
    My God!!! You're relishing this idea aren't you? Good to see, good to see If I'm lucky enough to get the go ahead for this, you're definitely going to become recruited. Booklyn and Emma too, actually the majority of posters on this thread I'd say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Can't you have broomstick like cars where you sit inside them? It wouldn't be too tough!
    Yeah, little electric ones like golf buggys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    My God!!! You're relishing this idea aren't you? Good to see, good to see If I'm lucky enough to get the go ahead for this, you're definitely going to become recruited. Booklyn and Emma too, actually the majority of posters on this thread I'd say
    I wonder why this idea hasn't previously come up, or maybe it has by other people. So why hasn't it been put into play. Btw, you might need to get J K Rowling's permission for this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I can't believe I forgot this. We could have another rollercoaster using the carts with which you go down to the vaults. It could be one of those where it's pitch black (well mostly)
    And don't forget the haunted house with ghosts etc...
    It's pretty fun trying to come up with ideas, no matter what happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    transparent ones, or with large windows so that children can see everything form up there.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.