Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    You know I'm a budding journalist here, so I'll write all the reviews of the park and put them in the national papers! Its a great idea but I think JK would probably cringe at it!

hey I could write a daily prophet for the visitors to tell them the latest news!

ReputationRep:
    Instead of those flying dumbo elephants for little kids, we could have flying hippogrofs. Or for older people, a spider like bumpy ride.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woody)
    You know I'm a budding journalist here, so I'll write all the reviews of the park and put them in the national papers! Its a great idea but I think JK would probably cringe at it!

hey I could write a daily prophet for the visitors to tell them the latest news!
    You could write the updates ad stuff on the website as well!
    I've always wanted to invent a ride, or a new type of rollercoaster!

ReputationRep:
    xenon, how do you know how many posts you've done on the HP thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woody)
    xenon, how do you know how many posts you've done on the HP thread?
    Go to the subsection wher it says media/books, tv, music, tv and films. Click on the number of replies to this thread, and you'll get the number of posts made by each member who's ever posted on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woody)

I'm not too sure she would actually cringe at the idea. Thought there is the inherrent risk of letting someone like Warner Bros. get too carried away with the entire merchandising idea. I feel that if she has the ability to swing some considerable weight in how things are done, then we have a winner here. Leave me to it people. I'll draft something in early July (If you can wait that long) and send a PM to those with a genuine interest. Both to let people know and get advice/input from all. Then send it off. Who knows, getting paid for a few years just to do something that interests us. Could certainly do a lot worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I'm not too sure she would actually cringe at the idea. Thought there is the inherrent risk of letting someone like Warner Bros. get too carried away with the entire merchandising idea. I feel that if she has the ability to swing some considerable weight in how things are done, then we have a winner here. Leave me to it people. I'll draft something in early July (If you can wait that long) and send a PM to those with a genuine interest. Both to let people know and get advice/input from all. Then send it off. Who knows, getting paid for a few years just to do something that interests us. Could certainly do a lot worse
    sounds good

ReputationRep:
    Xenon 1020
    Dude 532
    ditzy blonde 528
    Brooklyn 522
    PadFoot90 470
    Egan1 465
    ladyblitzer 341
    pr1 323
    moncal 241
    Sire 227
    curryADD 225
    kcoverst 223
    SiriusFan 210
    Magic101 182
    CR3 170
    leroylina 158
    kikas 150
    lotrobsessed524 147
    lavender 132
    Peter The Great 107
    Prongs_TheGreat 85
    eric bischoff 70
    parvati 65
    poowpoow 61
    woody 57
    Shaft 56
    lou p lou 55
    loftx 54
    Lord Huntroyde 48
    Vivian 47
    Dracos_Goddess 43
    GK1 43
    Blush Babe 43
    Bhaal85 36
    Geogger 34
    hpfan 32
    a_musical_gal 30
    shilling 28
    Ollie 27
    Ringer4ever 26
    *Joanna* 25
    viviki 25
    Ohm Pot Cleaner 25
    *Amy* 24
    Helenia 23
    Lokeo13 22
    _EMMA_ 21
    tessie 21
    Honeyducks 19
    Golz 18
    hotnanoo 18
    Dychey 18
    debog 18
    LOTRSkicksbutt 16
    AngieKins 15
    PR1 14
    Julia O. 14
    Verno 14
    Ghost Walker 13
    BABOON 13
    JSM 13
    Blamps 13
    cleo812 11
    chats 11
    tweetsy85 11
    p.singh 10
    Adhsur 10
    2776 9
    El_Borish 9
    vegatiger 8
    Diesel Dude 8
    Chicken 8
    Ruenna 8
    cricket 7
    Cate 6
    ZJuwelH 6
    XTRONY 6
    dxxx 6
    Everdawn 6
    TK0 6
    amrou 6
    thefish_uk 6
    dylan plant 6
    cellochickee 5
    Petrozzi 5
    Moochy 5
    Iluvatar 5
    elpaw 5
    Daveo 5
    piggysqueak 5
    red665 5
    TheWolf 5

There you go. Look for your name
    I cut the list off at five for the simple fact consistency would require posting a little more than the odd I hate HP shyte.

ReputationRep:
    My god. Four or five months ago I had 160 posts here. Being away does show doesn't it? Been back about two weeks and added nearly 70 to my total Xenon was only on around 450 when I was on 160 lol

ReputationRep:
    Thank You !!!!

I'm number 25, not to bad for a part-timer, though now i'm on study leave and the films coming out I'm sure you'll hear more from me!

There isn't a UK premiere for the film is there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Sounds like it's worth a try. What have we to lose? Are you going to try and contact J K Rowling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    My god. Four or five months ago I had 160 posts here. Being away does show doesn't it? Been back about two weeks and added nearly 70 to my total Xenon was only on around 450 when I was on 160 lol
    I think that you were 2nd highest before you left. It's quite scary actually to know how many posts I have in this thread. The theme park idea alone has added a number of posts to my total.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woody)
    Thank You !!!!

I'm number 25, not to bad for a part-timer, though now i'm on study leave and the films coming out I'm sure you'll hear more from me!

There isn't a UK premiere for the film is there?
    i'm lower done, but considering the time i spend here it is a lot for only one thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Sounds like it's worth a try. What have we to lose? Are you going to try and contact J K Rowling?
    Actually I think I will try contacting her directly. I hear that she makes a point of reading all her fan mail, so sending something to her would certainly seem like a good idea. Just give me time and we'll see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I think that you were 2nd highest before you left. It's quite scary actually to know how many posts I have in this thread. The theme park idea alone has added a number of posts to my total.
    Mr White would love it lol. It is almost its own little hierachy

ReputationRep:
    EMMA, i'm sure you'll catch me up in no time!

OK i'm trying to think of a catchy slogan for the park and maybe a name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woody)
    EMMA, i'm sure you'll catch me up in no time!

OK i'm trying to think of a catchy slogan for the park and maybe a name?
    Thats easy Hogwarts for Muggles or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    It's not incredibly catchy is it?

Muggle mayhem or something for the title and here's a slogan,

Potter's portkey to magic!

cheesy eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Actually I think I will try contacting her directly. I hear that she makes a point of reading all her fan mail, so sending something to her would certainly seem like a good idea. Just give me time and we'll see.
    Try and send it ASAP, as it might take a while to get an answer back.
    Hmmm, slogan....
    Welcome muggles to a place where you can let your imaginations run wild!
    Ok, I'm a bit stuck now (not v. good with slogans!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Yeah, I'd certainly give it a shot. Off the top of my head, you could issue everyone entering with wands and have a bit of a laser tag kind of duel. You know that thing where you get an electronic backpack, a special gun and then proceed to hunt your friends in a big arena. With a bit of holographic expertise, and someone rigging up sensors in the right place, I reckon you'd have a kick arse experience on hand. Just imagine it. Get together with a group of friends, get given a wand, piece of parchment with certain spells so you can voice activate your spells, and a map to journey through a maze taking on all your favourite Harry Potter villains/creatures on the way to duelling with Voldemort himself. Throw in a few extra lives and a decent array of actors voices echoing through the corridors and I think you'd have something.

Hows about it? I've got half a mind to see the bank for a loan now, and that only took me two minutes to think of. (Direct copy of some original ideas of course, but hey) Any thoughts people?

P.S. - That is the Cub Scout Leader in me showing through.
    That would be soooo! cool. That could be the whole themepark. Go in strores and stuff and randomly encounter other people and enemies.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.