Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    My God!!! You're relishing this idea aren't you? Good to see, good to see If I'm lucky enough to get the go ahead for this, you're definitely going to become recruited. Booklyn and Emma too, actually the majority of posters on this thread I'd say
    Sire you need to pm d and have him copyright the thread to you or something so that some random rich person doesn't get on here and steal your idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Try and send it ASAP, as it might take a while to get an answer back.
    Hmmm, slogan....
    Welcome muggles to a place where you can let your imaginations run wild!
    Ok, I'm a bit stuck now (not v. good with slogans!)

I guess that Potterland would be too simple of a name? Couldn't there be one in both the Uk and US?

ps. Sire I would love to help in any way possible.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to help! And I know tons of sponsorship contacts too!

hmm- it should be something from the books- maybe let Jo name it- her world after all Actually she sold out all her rights to the WB- so while she probably would have to say "ok" on it- you would have to ask them to do it- I think they have offices somewhere here in the city- otherwise their headquarters is in CA I think-

ReputationRep:
    brooms can't be little cars! That would just look silly- but the Ford ANGLIA could be a great ride have a bunch attached to a big whomping willow, spinning and twisting around- like a tilt a whirl except up in the air-

ooh! you know that ride where they spin you so fast you stick to the wall and then the floor falls out? that could be that part of the MoM where the doors spin around and you have to try to figure out which door is the exit- its a little backwards, but would be good for the funhouse...

ReputationRep:
    ok- so MoM funhouse- you get in a big telephone booth- you have to dial 62442 to go down- or else a giant fake hand does it-

it brings you down (elevator) to the lobby- looks just like the one in the book- blue ceiling with stars, fountain of magical brethren- and a row of fireplaces (these can be the exits at the end- you step in them and they lift up)- forward is the security desk/tour guide station- the lobby should be big, have some sort of cafe in it maybe? bathrooms? something to entertain people waiting for the elevator- behind security is the elevator- says the list of places like in the book- each floor has rides/games for that floor- aurors department could have computers set up where you can play HP games perhaps? if you go to the department of mysteries, you have the spinning thing with the doors- one door goes to the planet room- its all dark and you feel like you are floating (planetarium?) their is the brain room- probably has movies playing- you can watch documentaries- play with brains..- there is the veil room- maybe voices coming from it- maybe this could be a laser wand tag room?- time turner room- no ideas for here- you get the drift from there.....

ReputationRep:
    What about a simulator? It could be on anything. A quidditch match, a ride on a hippogroff... What about a dragon ride as well, with a drago breathing fire (u know one of those mechanical or stunt type of things. Also, what about a stunt show on something. Maybe we should come up with a new type of ride altogether, or do we leave it to whoever maks the theme park?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    ooh! you know that ride where they spin you so fast you stick to the wall and then the floor falls out? that could be that part of the MoM where the doors spin around and you have to try to figure out which door is the exit- its a little backwards, but would be good for the funhouse...
    Yeah thats a good idea...or just have like a maze with rooms leading onto other rooms! you could have all the weird rooms that were in the DoM!
    Another idea would be a Dualing Club idea....

ReputationRep:
    OOO i will help How about a on the roller coaster we could have some snitches dangling down to grab? Or See how fast you can throw a quaffle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    Wow, have you seen the picture of one of the guys who plays a Weasley twin? Talk about an image change!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/pi...00/3741533.stm

Yell at me if you want, but I actually think the trailer looks quite good! Mind you, there wasn't really that much Harry/Hermione/Ron acting in it, so maybe that helped...

Ooops just re-read that and it sounds like I fancy him- I don't!
    thats the guy who plays seamus not a weasley twin.

ReputationRep:
    there could also be some kind of theatre, where actors (don't have to be famous ones) play different scenes from the books. it doesn't have to be a large theatre, just on the grass or something where you can sit down and watch for a while.

ReputationRep:
    ooh-- or the second task in the triwizard tournament- the lake part- there could be a tunnel of some sort (slide maybe?) down into some giant lake with mermaids, etc- grindylows grabbing at you- murky darkness- then boom- out in the mermaid village- you could walk around it (while in the bubble of course)

also- was thinking about hte broom thing- have you ever been on one of those virtual rollercoasters??

ReputationRep:
    sorry- we should get back to the books, shouldn't we-

I was trying to figure this out- when is Dudley's birthday? You should be able to guess it from book one, right? think there is any significance to it? also- isnt it odd that Petunia and Lily had kids at the SAME time? but it doesn't say they are twins, does it? anyone think they are?

ReputationRep:
    ooh-- or the second task in the triwizard tournament- the lake part- there could be a tunnel of some sort (slide maybe?) down into some giant lake with mermaids, etc- grindylows grabbing at you- murky darkness- then boom- out in the mermaid village- you could walk around it (while in the bubble of course)

also- was thinking about hte broom thing- have you ever been on one of those virtual rollercoasters??
    I went on those simulator rollercoasters, which even was an upside-down one. The best simulator I've ever been on.
    What do you guys think of that girl Bonnie who was cast as Ginny? I think she has an okay look for Ginny.
    Even if Lily and Petunia were twins, it ouldn't mean that they'd get pregnant at the same time. And even if they did, there's still the possibility of the babies being born early or late. But then again, there is a couple of days/weeks difference b/w Dudley and Harry. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    MY computer crashed and with and of the year exams i wasnt able to come one at school ....................can some one please update me on what has happened over the last four days:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    MY computer crashed and with and of the year exams i wasnt able to come one at school ....................can some one please update me on what has happened over the last four days:confused:
    For the last 2 days, we've been talking about the possibility of a Harry Potter theme park!

ReputationRep:
    You have to go back and read of course!

I actually adore Bonnie Wright- she's too cute- I think she makes a perfect Ginny- my only original problem was I always pictures Ginny with curly hair, but I actually like it better with straight- she fits in better with all the boys- they cut so much of her screen time in CoS movie- I hope they remember to add her back in in book 5- she doesn't really do much in books 3,4 does she?

There are Ginny fan sites out there that have lots of screenshots and some publicity pictures as well-

btw what is slash?

ReputationRep:
    almost forgot- worst fan fic I ever read the synopsis of-

Ron loves Hermione, who's in love with Ginny, who's in love with Harry, who just realized he is in love with Ron.....

I think that takes the award for the day..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    there could also be some kind of theatre, where actors (don't have to be famous ones) play different scenes from the books. it doesn't have to be a large theatre, just on the grass or something where you can sit down and watch for a while.

The guests could play the parts?

ReputationRep:
    almost forgot- worst fan fic I ever read the synopsis of-

Ron loves Hermione, who's in love with Ginny, who's in love with Harry, who just realized he is in love with Ron.....

I think that takes the award for the day..
    That's slash I think. That's one of the most stupid thingsever. And totally unrealistic compared to what will actually happen.

ReputationRep:
    sorry to burst our theme park bubble- but looks like someone else thought of this too- although most of her stuff sounds pretty lame compared to ours- she has a ton of muggle things-

http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/worldofmagic/intro.html

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.