Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    exactly- recreation- not cheap cartooning- something that WE would like to visit- not obnoxious Disney-type-

I think Dumbledore keeping information from Harry is DANGEROUS- it keeps Harry from doing his best against Voldemort- Dumbledore keeps having this idea that he is keeping a childhood for Harry, but give me a break- what kind of childhood has he had so far?

ReputationRep:
    What is with the "something wicked this way comes" thing in the third movie? The only thing wicked that I can think of about it is that by the time it comes out sire will have caught back up to me in posts on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    its from macbeth I think- they just made a song for the movie- apparently the director thought there would be a school choir- while I guess there might be, I hate when they stray from the story like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    its from macbeth I think- they just made a song for the movie- apparently the director thought there would be a school choir- while I guess there might be, I hate when they stray from the story like that
    i didn't like it when they left out scenes from the first book in the 1st film. the films are supposed to be based on the books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    They should just stop making the movies until jkr finishes writing the books so that she can direct them. She probably doesn't want to but they would be so much better.

ReputationRep:
    she doesn't want to- I dont even think she would know how- I do wish they would stick more closely to the text-

in the meantime- she does get some creative say- she knows what HAS to be left in- so they are good for clue hunting

ReputationRep:
    Well everyone who had seen the Prisoner of Azkaban said that it was amazing, and yes, it might be a little different from the book, but eih, have you ever seen a film completely identical? It's just impossible.. the entire book would never fit in one film From the various things I've heard and read, I'm quite sure that this one will be a much more satisfying film, better than the first two.

And I am really a Harry Potter addicted, I would be the first to go and complain about the films if they weren't good enough :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ................they have to ask her before the cut stuff out.. they even wanted to cut the troll out (of the 1st movie) but i guess that was going to far:rolleyes: This is the main reason im scared to see #3 who knows what the cut out that book is 2 good to chop up.:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaiel)
    Well everyone who had seen the Prisoner of Azkaban said that it was amazing, and yes, it might be a little different from the book, but eih, have you ever seen a film completely identical? It's just impossible.. the entire book would never fit in one film From the various things I've heard and read, I'm quite sure that this one will be a much more satisfying film, better than the first two.

And I am really a Harry Potter addicted, I would be the first to go and complain about the films if they weren't good enough :rolleyes:
    Well i will see it in 8 days and get back to u

ReputationRep:
    Ok, this has gotta be a quick catch up coz I don't have much time.

Is PoA on general release in America or do you have to wait til monday like us? I kind of assumed they'd just had the World premier in New York but it was going on general release at the same time (so technically we get to see it first because of the time difference!)

I'm trying to get myself in the mind set to hate the new film, I reckon if I don't get my hopes up I won't be disappointed and then will be pleasantly surprised if its actually good!

Someone was saying a couple of days ago that the new DADA teacher HAD to be a new character because all the others had been. This is not the case at all, its highly likely but not set in stone, just because theres been a pattern in the books so far it doesn't mean the pattern can't be broken.

Theme parks sounding good, how about a Hogsmede Foodcourt area?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    They should just stop making the movies until jkr finishes writing the books so that she can direct them. She probably doesn't want to but they would be so much better.
    In a way, she is directing the films. She has to tell the directers what to leave in the films and what they can leave out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Is PoA on general release in America or do you have to wait til monday like us? I kind of assumed they'd just had the World premier in New York but it was going on general release at the same time (so technically we get to see it first because of the time difference!)
    Thats one of the things i love about being in England. We get the book before they do due to the time difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Theme parks sounding good, how about a Hogsmede Foodcourt area?
    With an amazing sweetshop, and the Weasleys joke shop full of marvellous jokes and gadgets!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    With an amazing sweetshop, and the Weasleys joke shop full of marvellous jokes and gadgets!
    I do hope that we get to see their joke shop in the next book. Harry hasn't been to Diagon Ally since PoA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    thats the guy who plays seamus not a weasley twin.
    Oops! That's a bit worrying if I can't even copy and paste properly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    Oops! That's a bit worrying if I can't even copy and paste properly...
    You shouldn't worry. All they had to do was move the pics along.

ReputationRep:
    It's kind of funny how short the kid who plays Seamus is, isn't it? he's Ginny's size!

The movie is "officially" released here June 4th (you can go to a midnight showing to be first) but lots of places are using the right to "preview" to hold some shows already- but they are usually during the day and I've been busy all week and I'm leaving for the weekend to go to the beach

if you are opening the same day, and also have midnight shows, you'll get it first b/c of the time difference- I'm not too fussed about when I go see it as long as its opening weekend

ReputationRep:
    oh- I was the one who said that about the DADA teacher- and the reaon I said it was b/c JK said it in one of her interviews BEFORE OotP- she said its become a pattern to have a NEW DADA teacher every year, she doesn't want to break that- (someone had asked if Lupin was returning- and ug- we got Umbridge instead)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I do hope that we get to see their joke shop in the next book. Harry hasn't been to Diagon Ally since PoA.
    The twins will be pretty busy won't they. What with them most likely joining the order, and the joke shop. I think there was a suggestion waaaaaaaaaay earlier that they invent some stuff which will help the order.

ReputationRep:
    Just think how useful Extendable ears would be!! Maybe they can give Lupin a job-

imagine Voldemort turning into a canary though.....

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.