The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8260
oy- it got quiet......

what other Weasley inventions could be useful? the portable swamp? maybe that could hold off some deatheaters?
Reply 8261
I got tickets to see PoA on Monday evening :biggrin: :smile:
(May not be a great film but still Harry Potter)
Reply 8262
Been semi-away for the last few days, so missed the whole theme park discussion
Harry Potter theme park sounds fantastic! The haunted house-type ride should be a trip to Snape's Dungeon with Peeves and the bloody baron lurking around! Someone mentioned a whomping-willow roller coaster ride which would also be awesome. And if opens before the last book comes out, then it would be cool if the theme park stayed open until midnight the night before the book came out. We could buy our books from there and JK could give a special midnight reading there too!
Ok imagination running out of control again! :smile:
Reply 8263
parvati
Been semi-away for the last few days, so missed the whole theme park discussion
Harry Potter theme park sounds fantastic! The haunted house-type ride should be a trip to Snape's Dungeon with Peeves and the bloody baron lurking around! Someone mentioned a whomping-willow roller coaster ride which would also be awesome. And if opens before the last book comes out, then it would be cool if the theme park stayed open until midnight the night before the book came out. We could buy our books from there and JK could give a special midnight reading there too!
Ok imagination running out of control again! :smile:

Could we as organisers get free travel and accommadation at the park, and then we wouldn't miss out on it all? :biggrin: Nah, seriously, it would be absolutely amazing if something like this happened. Ooh, the dungeon, with maybe the cauldron spilling over, and maybe a small fire (mechanical or whatever it is).
Reply 8264
Daniel Radcliff believes that Harry will die at the end of book 7:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/tv_film/newsid_3755000/3755513.stm

Of course, I doubt he knows the truth, but his suspicion is cos of what many of us have mentioned.

Harry and Voldemort have the same core. The only way Voldemort could die is if Harry dies at well
-quoted by Daniel

It sort of sums up why my thread was started up in the 1st place.
ditzy blonde
Ok, this has gotta be a quick catch up coz I don't have much time.

Is PoA on general release in America or do you have to wait til monday like us? I kind of assumed they'd just had the World premier in New York but it was going on general release at the same time (so technically we get to see it first because of the time difference!)

I'm trying to get myself in the mind set to hate the new film, I reckon if I don't get my hopes up I won't be disappointed and then will be pleasantly surprised if its actually good!

Someone was saying a couple of days ago that the new DADA teacher HAD to be a new character because all the others had been. This is not the case at all, its highly likely but not set in stone, just because theres been a pattern in the books so far it doesn't mean the pattern can't be broken.

Theme parks sounding good, how about a Hogsmede Foodcourt area?
I dont know?????????:confused:
oh yeah 7 days people
Reply 8267
And all sorts of tasting stands with drinks and food. Maybe a see how far you can hit a bludger with a bat contest? Probably no where, as they are made of iron....

I was reading quiditch through the ages, and they had someone who was born in Gordics (i can never remember how to spell that) hollow...
Reply 8268
lotrobsessed524
Yeah ................they have to ask her before the cut stuff out.. they even wanted to cut the troll out (of the 1st movie) but i guess that was going to far:rolleyes: This is the main reason im scared to see #3 who knows what the cut out that book is 2 good to chop up.:eek:

I think you'll be pleasant surprised with number three. It did seem to be the part of the series that really started explaining the story as opposed to filling pages with what Harry does at Hogwarts. I'm really looking forward to it on that basis :smile:
Reply 8269
PadFoot90
And all sorts of tasting stands with drinks and food. Maybe a see how far you can hit a bludger with a bat contest? Probably no where, as they are made of iron....

I was reading quiditch through the ages, and they had someone who was born in Gordics (i can never remember how to spell that) hollow...

And our famous butterbeer, and the other recipes previously mentioned.
Reply 8270
Dude
Alright then. I'll let you off. :wink:

Your generosity shall not be forgotten kind sir :smile:
Xenon
And our famous butterbeer, and the other recipes previously mentioned.
yes we cant forget that..........seeing its the thing we always drink to celebrate
Reply 8272
PadFoot90

Well you certainly know how to make a guy feel left out. Quidditch through the ages? As in those books listed in the final pages of Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone??? Were they real? If so, why can't I get a hold of them in Australia? *sobs*
Reply 8273
Sire
Well you certainly know how to make a guy feel left out. Quidditch through the ages? As in those books listed in the final pages of Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone??? Were they real? If so, why can't I get a hold of them in Australia? *sobs*

Ummm, do you guys have amazon? I'm sure you could get "Quidditch through the age" and "fantastic beasts..." shipped to australia.
Reply 8274
Sire

Sorry lol i didnt know :frown: I only have quidditch through the ages. Anyone know if the other one is worth reading?
PadFoot90
Sorry lol i didnt know :frown: I only have quidditch through the ages. Anyone know if the other one is worth reading?
Yeah its interesting
Reply 8276
PadFoot90

I find Fantastic Beasts better cos it's suppose to be "Harry's copy". So it's got loads of funny notes in it. Plus you needed it to figure out what Crooksanks is.
Reply 8277
Sire

I would have thought that you could. Were they only relised in the UK and America.
Reply 8278
PadFoot90

I'd laugh if that person was one of Harry ancestors. It might explain why he and his father were so good on the Quidditch field.
Reply 8279
Dude
I'd laugh if that person was one of Harry ancestors. It might explain why he and his father were so good on the Quidditch field.

I didn't notice it, and will have to check it out again. But I sctually wouldn't be surprised if J K Rowling had put that there for an explanation as to their brilliance at quidditch, for those who are good at spotting stuff. Maybe someone should ask her where Harry and his father got their ability at quidditch from. If she says something like check it in Quidditch through the ages, or something more subtle, then this theory could be true.

Latest