Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    That would be so cool! We have always wanted to know more of Harry's history Someone remember to hunt down when her next interview is

I can't believe its only 7 days away!!!!!!!!

Is there a way to send in questions to her site? And when is she answering the poll question?

ReputationRep:
    Hey- where's Ditzy?

ReputationRep:
    I think I've noticed an inconsistency- In OotP, Harry, Ron and Hermione have to wait for owls to deliver their OWL results in the holidays, don't they? But in PoA, Fred and George get theirs before they leave Hogwarts, and Percy gets his NEWT results too.....

ReputationRep:
    I actually cannot wait for this movie. On 5-live, they have a guy reviewing the moviw, and he says that it's waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the 1st 2, cos of the new director. The 3 kids actually bring the characters to life, and in the guys words (give them 3 dimensions). It should be a good movie.

ReputationRep:
    6 DAYS!!!!!!!!!! this count down is even getting me excited and i think im going to hate the movie .....but still only 6 more days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I actually cannot wait for this movie. On 5-live, they have a guy reviewing the moviw, and he says that it's waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the 1st 2, cos of the new director. The 3 kids actually bring the characters to life, and in the guys words (give them 3 dimensions). It should be a good movie.
    I sure hope so .............i love the 3rd book and they better do it justace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    6 DAYS!!!!!!!!!! this count down is even getting me excited and i think im going to hate the movie .....but still only 6 more days
    I dread to see how big your writing will be the day before the movie comes out!
    The 3rd movie would always be better than the 1st 2, cos the 3rd book is soooo much better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I dread to see how big your writing will be the day before the movie comes out!
    The 3rd movie would always be better than the 1st 2, cos the 3rd book is soooo much better.
    Yeah your right but the better not have choped it up to much

ReputationRep:
    has ne 1 seen the J K Rowling website and figured out wot the potterania stuff hidden on it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaq)
    has ne 1 seen the J K Rowling website and figured out wot the potterania stuff hidden on it is
    Here's the page from which our J K Rowling site discussion started. There's quite a bit on how to get the stuff if u read the couple of pages.

http://www.uk-learning.net/t23812-397.html

ReputationRep:
    Not long until the film comes now. My family are all going to see it tomorrow, but I'm going on a trip with my school (Spain) so will have to wait 'till I get back.

I haven't been keeping up for the last few weeks, as I've been doing work experience (exceedingly tiring) and only been on the forum very breifly.

Anyway, enough waffle, just thought I'd pop on before I go away. I already need to read through the last 15 odd pages, and I daresay there'll be many more by the time I get a chance to read over it. [Have exams soon aswell]

Hope everyone has a good half term, and I daresay many of you will be off to watch PoA.

Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Here's the page from which our J K Rowling site discussion started. There's quite a bit on how to get the stuff if u read the couple of pages.

http://www.uk-learning.net/t23812-397.html
    thanks but i already tried all the things suggested, and still nothing comes up.

ReputationRep:
    This is what was reported on mugglenet...
    In a recent interview with USA Today, JK Rowling has stated that several new clues to books 6 and 7 are contained in Prisoner of Azkaban:

"I really got goose bumps when I saw a couple of those things, and I thought, people are going to look back on the film and think that those were put in deliberately as clues," Rowling says in an interview released by Warner Bros.

So look out, people when watching PoA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    This is what was reported on mugglenet...
    In a recent interview with USA Today, JK Rowling has stated that several new clues to books 6 and 7 are contained in Prisoner of Azkaban:

"I really got goose bumps when I saw a couple of those things, and I thought, people are going to look back on the film and think that those were put in deliberately as clues," Rowling says in an interview released by Warner Bros.

So look out, people when watching PoA
    This will properly force me to watch the film now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I didn't notice it, and will have to check it out again. But I sctually wouldn't be surprised if J K Rowling had put that there for an explanation as to their brilliance at quidditch, for those who are good at spotting stuff. Maybe someone should ask her where Harry and his father got their ability at quidditch from. If she says something like check it in Quidditch through the ages, or something more subtle, then this theory could be true.
    I think that the reason people havn't asked it is cos they just assumed that he had the talent. It doesn't have to go down to genes (though knowing JK, she didn't just slip that in).

Has she answered our Mark Evens question yet.

ReputationRep:
    Either i just missed it (which is more likey) or it's just been added. But have you guys read the Edits section in Extra Stuff of JK website.

EDIT: It must have been updated cos i've just discovered a new secret.

She gives us information on Dean Thomas's background (metioning that he may not be muggle born), and an insite on Book 6's opening chapter.

ReputationRep:
    watching PoA on monday... can't wait til then tho. And yeah, I wish Jo would give us a rough date when she will answer the mark evans question

can't wait now, just can't wait...

ReputationRep:
    5 days till hp #3 comes out (just to continue my count down)

ReputationRep:
    Man, I have to wait till at least after 11th June (day of last exam) . Will pobably watch the movie with my lil and big bother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Man, I have to wait till at least after 11th June (day of last exam) . Will pobably watch the movie with my lil and big bother.
    I already pre ordered my tickets but im not sure if im even going to be able to go the first day (a waste of money since i already got the tickets i know) but u guys have to promise not to spoil the movie if some of us dont get to see it the day it comes out (i know we know the story but just dont ruine anything)

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.