Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    On Rowling's official website...you know the way you get one of those reward thingys to put into your scrapbook, by putting those two little medals into their boxes, in the room you get to with the key - the one with the fan sites...anyway, there's a third box, but no medal to go in it, and that bothers me. Do you think there might be a third medal hidden somewhere? And when you click on the biro link and the cup link, each time it sounds like there's a coin falling into the glass with the biro or into the cup - do you think that could be the third medal?
    (And that door is ticking me off as well :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    Just dug this out of Daniel Radcliffe's interview. It sort of just emphasises the fact that Ron and Hermione will probably end up together, even if it is only for a bit. But they do really like each other.

"But the sideline story between Ron and Hermione is one of my favourites, as it's just a cover-up so they can get attention of each other. There's a huge amount of sexual tension between them, which is great and provides much-needed comic relief because the film is very depressing and angry.

Lizo: Do you think Ron and Hermione are suited?

Daniel: Yeah absolutely, very much so - they are complete polar opposites but suit each other perfectly.

Lizo: Do you get to snog in this one? Daniel: In the fourth one I don't know. It's not in the book - but I don't know if it will be in the script. I can live in hope!"

Oh, and the director said (when informed by J K Rowling):

"the graveyard is near this other wing of the castle and it's going to play an important part in number six because such and such and such"

Interesting. Maybe Harry's parents/grandparents are buried them. Maybe Harry finally asks to go to his parents' graves.

ReputationRep:
    4 days till #3 now im exciting myself...........hopefuly im not let down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    J K Rowling has now said in 2 interviews that Harry might not survive at end of book 7. What do you guys think. The prophecy says that in order for Voldemort to die, Harry would have to kill him, or vice versa. However, Dumbledore could have killed Harry if he had killed Voldemort when Harry was possessed. That doesn't make sense as the prophecy says that Voldemort has to die at the hand of Harry. In this case, Harry would not have killed him.
    Surely, the way in which Harry and Voldemort and Harry would both die, is surely if Harry is possessed, and Harry sacrifices himself. But then, there would not be a battle scene at the end. Therefore I'm hoping that Rowling will not kill Harry at the end.
    But what do you guys reckon? Will Harry die at the end of book 7, or will J K Rowling will be kind enough to let him enjoy the aftermath of killing Voldemort?

Mod Edit
    This thread is very long so if you want to go straight to the end to join in click here
    Then you can get stuck in!
    Ollie
    yeah well after reading the 5th parth i think he`ll end up in Dumbledore seat.....well he woun`t die for sure....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    4 days till #3 now im exciting myself...........hopefuly im not let down
    My God! You're almost obsessed there mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Man, I have to wait till at least after 11th June (day of last exam) . Will pobably watch the movie with my lil and big bother.
    Lucky you! I have to wait until at least 29th June, my mum won't let me go until I've finished my exams...hhmph. But I found a friend to go with me, so I don't have to go with my sister!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    Lucky you! I have to wait until at least 29th June, my mum won't let me go until I've finished my exams...hhmph. But I found a friend to go with me, so I don't have to go with my sister!
    We get it 10th June here and since that is my bday, I'm getting a private screening with a few friends

ReputationRep:
    seeing it tomorrow and don't care that I am having to take all my little cousins with me!

Neway, the third medal thing is bugging me too. Maybe there will be another medal there in the future for someone. Yet another thing we have to wait for JK to reveal!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    We get it 10th June here and since that is my bday, I'm getting a private screening with a few friends
    Cool! I really want to go see it now! Maybe I'll take a little break off my revision to go watch it, but I doubt I'll be allowed. My older brother is sometimes worse than my parents when it comes to telling me to revise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Oh, and the director said (when informed by J K Rowling):

"the graveyard is near this other wing of the castle and it's going to play an important part in number six because such and such and such"

Interesting. Maybe Harry's parents/grandparents are buried them. Maybe Harry finally asks to go to his parents' graves.
    JK did say that we find out about Harry's grandparents in book 6 (though it doesn't really play an important part in the storyline).

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just a quick post while the adverts are on, but why weren't the Weasley's in the original Order?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, Big Brothers finished so I can post with my full attention.

I'm feeling very loved at the minute because Brooklyn and Dude at least have been missing me! I've broken into my housemates room while she's out to use her internet tonight because I can only read posta and not reply to them on my computer, how pants!

I've already posted my main recent though (it was the one I spent my whole Cosmology exam trying to remember about a week ago!) I don't think theres anything suspicious about it, its just curious, the Weasleys are obviously quite close to DUmbledore, and quite old, so why weren't they members of the order originally?

Whats new on JKR's website then Dude? I had a quick look, but I can only get the text only version here so might have missed something.

I heard the interview Xenon mentioned on Newsround, they way I heard it the director wanted to set one scene in a graveyard but was told not to because the setting was important later on, I think I miss heard though, can anyone clear that up for me?

Heard on the radio the other day that some cinemas in america have put age ratings on certain screenings of PoA and Shrek 2, so some are over 16, and some are over 21! I think thats a fantastic idea, everyone gets to see the films, but older viewers can do it in peace without children running round and screaming! I've booked my tickets for 11pm on monday night, I'm hoping it will just be full of students at that sort of time.

What do we think of the casting for Madame Maxime btw? (picture on the good old Newsround website) Its quite a lots like I pictured her (although they'll have to make her big like Hagrid obviously!) They've cast Moody aswell (guy from Troy) but I've not seen a picture yet to be able to pass judgement

ReputationRep:
    Here's Alfonso's interview in full Ditzy:

Lizo: What made you want to take on this movie?

Alfonso: When I was approached I was a little hesitant! I didn't know the books, I hadn't seen the films. I had all my prejudices like - 'I'm ashamed to squeeze the money out of parents and children'.

But then I read the books! And I realised why these books are so well-received worldwide and I fell victim of the charm of this book.

Lizo: What was it like meeting JK, what was her advice like?

Alfonso: She said I should stay faithful to the spirit of the book not literal. That was entrusting me a lot of freedom. But freedom and responsibility is the same thing - I was like 'oh gosh - am I being faithful to the spirit?'

The amazing thing with JK as a collaborator is she doesn't stop you doing anything. The way she approaches it has nothing to do with 'I like' or 'I dislike' it's 'this makes sense' or 'it doesn't make sense in this universe.'

I give you an example: There's a scene where Malfoy wants to see Buckbeak being executed. It's where Hermione punches him. And there's a sundial. We thought we need something there. I said 'Let's put a graveyard there'.

She says: 'No, you can't have a graveyard there'. And I'm like, 'Why?' She says: 'Oh because the graveyard is near this other wing of the castle and it's going to play an important part in number six because such and such and such.'

So then you say 'What about a sundial?' She says: 'That makes perfect sense because when the castle was built it was on an ancient Celtic site.' Bap bap bap!

You have to be humble and respect it! She has full control of that universe and you don't want to contradict that.

Lizo: So wow, there's a graveyard at Hogwarts that plays a crucial part in book six!

Alfonso: Six or seven. She said 'later on' - I don't have the specifics.

Lizo: So is there any chance of you coming back to direct five, six or seven?

Alfonso: Now I need to de-Potterise myself. Do something completely different. But later on if I am invited and if the same cast is in place I would love to come back and do another. It's been the two sweetest years of my life.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, thank you Xenon, my stupid housemate talked all the way through it on the tv! How rude, must make sure I'm not sat next to her on monday night, I will not be responsible for my actions if she tries to talk through the film!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Ah, thank you Xenon, my stupid housemate talked all the way through it on the tv! How rude, must make sure I'm not sat next to her on monday night, I will not be responsible for my actions if she tries to talk through the film!
    No probs ditzy. Newsround has transcripts of the interviews from practically all of the main actors and actresses on their website. From Seamus actor to Harry actor

ReputationRep:
    3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Ok, my housemates not home yet (dirty stop out) so I've pinched her computer again. Have managed to find a couple of pictures of the people signed up to play Madame Maxime and Mad Eye Moody. What do we think? I can't get it to copy the picture of the guy, but hopefully the link should work

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/...son,%20Brendan

ReputationRep:
    I saw it on Saturday Morning in a press screening.

I would say that it is the best so far, a new director, a darker, better story, better actors (well same actors, acting better). I didn't like the dementors though, but the knight bus is well cool. Marauders Map is good, as is Buckbeak and the whole time travelthing. All together it holds together as a nice film even though some stuff is missed out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samdavyson)
    I saw it on Saturday Morning in a press screening.

I would say that it is the best so far, a new director, a darker, better story, better actors (well same actors, acting better). I didn't like the dementors though, but the knight bus is well cool. Marauders Map is good, as is Buckbeak and the whole time travelthing. All together it holds together as a nice film even though some stuff is missed out.
    Great, can't wait to see it tonight now, I'm preparing myself now by drinking excessive amounts of coffee so I don't fall asleep during it. I'm going to be buzzing by 11 o'clock tonight!

ReputationRep:
    Im going to see it at 12:00pm on thursday (well thats really friday isnt it) because it comes out friday and im going to see the 12:00 veiwing....so dont tell me about it untill i see it...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.