Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Saw the film today, is it me or is it completely different from the book :confused:

I liked the film but I want old Dumbledore
    New Dumbledore's hair was not white enough or long enough. He did not look authoratative enough to be Dumbledore either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Course you need to see it again- everyone needs to see it over and over and over! Ticket prices are up to $12 here, so that might cut down on my repeats...
    really they are only $8.50 over here with out the student discount which makes it 6.50

ReputationRep:
    ok- I won't get to see it until Sunday, but I don't mind spoilers- (how much could it really spoil) so I'm all for a few hints!

graveyard- hmm-- maybe Sirius is buried there? His name isn't cleared after all- I wonder if they have wizarding graveyards or bury them in muggle ones? And I wonder if there is anythign special about a dead wizard- like they don't rot (sorry- that sounds gross) or something? Maybe they all have some sort of marking on them?

I'm going to be paying STRICT attention!! I want to catch the clues this time!
    and if they didn't rot, what possible significance/ use would that have? i think we may run into a portrait of harry's dad, mom, or sirius in the following books. portraits are like live people, so that would make that interesting.

ReputationRep:
    You people are so pathetic!!!

I just got back from spending 6 days in chicago. I was looking forward to having 20 pages to catch up on and I only have 4. Did the ultimate discussion shut down while I was gone?

I hope that I can see it friday.

ReputationRep:
    Well I quite enjoyed the film when I saw it on monday, however it was ruined by my housemates who hated it and complaied about it all the way home. They complained about such stupid things as well though, like the fact that it wasn't exactly the same as the book (obviously, how can you expect it to be the same, especially after watching the first two) and that it moved very quickly (the only way to get it all into a reasonable length film) and that the wrong bits had been kept in and taken out, yet could tell me which bits should have been in and which should have been taken out. Grrr. Going again with my mum at the weekend though, so hopefully she won't ruin it for me too!

Thought the soundtrack was absolutely fantastic though, gonna go and buy it as soon as I've got a job (Just finished my last exam EVER btw, off into the real world now!)

Anyway, much celebratory drinking to be done!

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, do any of you guys visit fictionalley? Sorry if there's already been a major discussion on it, couldn't bring myself to read back 400 something pages.

ReputationRep:
    So we've had people seen the movie then. My mate saw it on Monday, but i havn't seen him yet so i havn't had a chance to ask him what it was like. But for those who did see it, can i ask. Was it better than the last two?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Out of interest, do any of you guys visit fictionalley? Sorry if there's already been a major discussion on it, couldn't bring myself to read back 400 something pages.
    I sometimes read the fanfiction on fanfiction.net. I got my brother to take me to watch POA tomorrow-can't wait! And Dude, I think that the general consensus on he movie is that it's way better than the 1st 2. I'm going to buy the DVD whe it comes out (with my lovely student loan) if it's really good.

ReputationRep:
    I buy them all the minute they are released anyway- good or bad who knows- things that seem stupid now might make more sense later-

one little thing that bothered me- they include things that happened in the book, but switch the characters- that bugs me alot- if you are going to include something, include it correctly- like in the first book- Ron didn't go into the forest, Neville did- and from the previews of this movie, it looks like its Ron's bogart that is Snape, not Neville's- when everyone kNOWS Ron is afraid of SPIDERS- and Neville is afraid of SNAPE- plus those clothes of Snapes are supposed to be Neville's grandmothers- very annoyed by that bit- feel as though they are squashing Neville now, its not going to be so believable when he gets brave in Book 5-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I sometimes read the fanfiction on fanfiction.net. I got my brother to take me to watch POA tomorrow-can't wait! And Dude, I think that the general consensus on he movie is that it's way better than the 1st 2. I'm going to buy the DVD whe it comes out (with my lovely student loan) if it's really good.
    hmmm. it doesnt come out here till thursday!

ReputationRep:
    I buy them all the minute they are released anyway- good or bad who knows- things that seem stupid now might make more sense later-

one little thing that bothered me- they include things that happened in the book, but switch the characters- that bugs me alot- if you are going to include something, include it correctly- like in the first book- Ron didn't go into the forest, Neville did- and from the previews of this movie, it looks like its Ron's bogart that is Snape, not Neville's- when everyone kNOWS Ron is afraid of SPIDERS- and Neville is afraid of SNAPE- plus those clothes of Snapes are supposed to be Neville's grandmothers- very annoyed by that bit- feel as though they are squashing Neville now, its not going to be so believable when he gets brave in Book 5-
    In the 3rd Film: Ron's Boggart is a spider. Neville's is Snape, and he puts the clothes of his grandmother on Snape too.

Maybe the trailer is a little dodgy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    hmmm. it doesnt come out here till thursday!
    Where is here?

ReputationRep:

Didn't someone say eailer that the maurders map isn't in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samdavyson)
    Where is here?
    It comes out friday in the U.S. there is a count down on harrypotter.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I have no idea if they did or not. But I have seen it and it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I believe that they said it was one of the good parts.

ReputationRep:
    There is loads on mauraders map or harrypotter.com

ReputationRep:
    Just seen Prisoner or Azkaban and thought it was pretty good. Not the best film I've ever seen, but far better than the other two Harry Potter films. Good stuff!

ReputationRep:
    Whew- what a relief!! Plus very glad the marauders map is on it that would be hard to do away with!

For anyone who's seen it- are the rumors true? there's no Quidditch?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so excited - I'm going to see it after work tonight! Wooh!

Does anyone here have an Orange mobile? On Wednesdays you can get 2 tickets for the price of 1 if you text the word "film" to 241. It just costs you the price of a normal text, but go to www.orange.co.uk to find out which cinemas are participating. Just thought I'd help out the poor students...

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.