Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Whew- what a relief!! Plus very glad the marauders map is on it that would be hard to do away with!

For anyone who's seen it- are the rumors true? there's no Quidditch?
    Marauders map is in the film (what I meant earlier was that they don't explain where the marauders map originated i.e. they don't explain who moony, wormtail padfoot and prongs were.) Maybe there will be an extra scene in the DVD version. Oh and they reduced the whole firebolt saga to a few seconds at the end
    They do miss out one of the quiddich matches completely

(Original post by parvati)
    Marauders map is in the film (what I meant earlier was that they don't explain where the marauders map originated i.e. they don't explain who moony, wormtail padfoot and prongs were.) Maybe there will be an extra scene in the DVD version. Oh and they reduced the whole firebolt saga to a few seconds at the end
    yeh i know they dont explain the map very well but it is still understandable to people who havnt read the book like my friend. although something else wasnt but i cant really remember it oh well..only one quiddich match but then i suppose they arent crucial to the main plot. if they had made the film any longer then i would have had a really bad neck due to having to sit on the crappy seats near the floor as certain friends of mine just dont get time keeping..tut tut

but great film bring on the next book

ReputationRep:
    its funny- Quidditch is one of my favorite parts- and it gets smaller and smaller- and Wood is such a good character, and he's drowned out in the movies- I guess there is no way they could include EVERYTHING, but I wish they would release a directors cut or something and go ahead and show as much as possible- the part that bugged me about book 1,2 was that the actors kept giving these long dramatic pauses and taking 12 lines to say one sentence- I kept thinking they were stealing time away from other things they could have been including!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    its funny- Quidditch is one of my favorite parts- and it gets smaller and smaller- and Wood is such a good character, and he's drowned out in the movies- I guess there is no way they could include EVERYTHING, but I wish they would release a directors cut or something and go ahead and show as much as possible- the part that bugged me about book 1,2 was that the actors kept giving these long dramatic pauses and taking 12 lines to say one sentence- I kept thinking they were stealing time away from other things they could have been including!
    They should have let fans and JKR write the screenplays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    They should have let fans and JKR write the screenplays.
    The first film still wouldn't be out now if they did.

It would have taken ages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    I'm guessing that they missed out the quidditch match when gryffindor finall qon the quidditch cup then. That's pretty annoying cos I loved that part of the book. I almost cheeered out loud when Harry caught the snitch, and I'm sure all the cinema audience would have done the same.

ReputationRep:
    THeres just the one quidditch match, and its very centred on Harry, hardly any shots of anyone else, but then again theres only been one quidditch match in each of the other films so far as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    THeres just the one quidditch match, and its very centred on Harry, hardly any shots of anyone else, but then again theres only been one quidditch match in each of the other films so far as well
    It is also over very quick.

ReputationRep:
    The bit that I think they REALLY fluffed up was the bit at the lake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I'm guessing that they missed out the quidditch match when gryffindor finall qon the quidditch cup then. That's pretty annoying cos I loved that part of the book. I almost cheeered out loud when Harry caught the snitch, and I'm sure all the cinema audience would have done the same.
    I know what you mean! I really hope there will be a directors cut with loads more scenes

ReputationRep:
    there wasnt for the ast 2 movies........but maybe since its a new director

ReputationRep:
    I loved the film!
    Saw it last night, oh what fun!

I loved the bit when Ron said his leg was ruined and they'd have to cut it off, it sent me into a fit of giggles when everyone else was in silence !

I tried watching all the credits at the end but they just went on for too long, did anyone see the whole lot, was there a clip at the end like the last two?

All I want to do now is see it again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woody)
    I loved the film!
    Saw it last night, oh what fun!

I loved the bit when Ron said his leg was ruined and they'd have to cut it off, it sent me into a fit of giggles when everyone else was in silence !

I tried watching all the credits at the end but they just went on for too long, did anyone see the whole lot, was there a clip at the end like the last two?

All I want to do now is see it again!
    Did you notice at the end on Marauder's Map that Hagrid has bigger feet?

I thought that was great.

ReputationRep:
    i have just seen the fillm n although i thought tht i was gd i didnt think tht it was nearly as gd as the first two. i think this one is the best book but a disappointing film - it didnt seem to have such a climax to it
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samdavyson)
    Did you notice at the end on Marauder's Map that Hagrid has bigger feet?

I thought that was great.
    I missed that, but thats cool. The Ron/Hermione bit outside the shreiking shack was hilarious.

ReputationRep:

one little thing that bothered me- they include things that happened in the book, but switch the characters- that bugs me alot- if you are going to include something, include it correctly- like in the first book- Ron didn't go into the forest, Neville did- and from the previews of this movie, it looks like its Ron's bogart that is Snape, not Neville's- when everyone kNOWS Ron is afraid of SPIDERS- and Neville is afraid of SNAPE- plus those clothes of Snapes are supposed to be Neville's grandmothers- very annoyed by that bit- feel as though they are squashing Neville now, its not going to be so believable when he gets brave in Book 5-
    I think there was another bit on the trailer where they swapped characters round- Hermione says 'if you want to kill Harry you'll have to kill us too', but isn't it Ron that should say that? Doesn't he try to stand on his leg but fall over or collapse on the bed or something? I mean, it's not as if it's cutting down on actors or anything by using Hermione, because they're all in that scene anyways...

But never mind...is Pam Ferris any good as Aunt Marge? I've not seen any pictures of her as Marge, but I can imagine she fits quite well. I really really want to see it, but my mum's making me wait until my exams finish- my friend's encouraging me to sneak out while she's at work, but I'm a really bad liar so I know I'd get caught!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone.... i am hopefully going to see the movie pretty soon, not expecting too much though, but everyone says its much better so.... i hope so.

There is a lot of talk of harry dieing, but who do you think will be the next person to die?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Hey everyone.... i am hopefully going to see the movie pretty soon, not expecting too much though, but everyone says its much better so.... i hope so.

There is a lot of talk of harry dieing, but who do you think will be the next person to die?
    Yeah, I'm going to watch a screening at 12 p.m. Can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    Has www.jkrowling.com been mentioned yet? It's actually maintained by her.

ReputationRep:
    i watched the movie on monday. it was def the best so far. tho their gonna hav to cut out alot from the 4th book if its all gonna b in 1 movie.

the part i loved was when Ron was having a nightmare with the spider making him tapdance, that scene got every1 in my screen cracking up.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.