Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    In book 3 it says that Crookshanks is a boy.
    Oh cool thanks. I must not have read it carefully enough. *makes a note to reread every single one of the books.* I always for some reason though that Crookshanks was a girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    exactly..so according to us..harry scar did not hurt because he looked a snape ..but because the turban was right neare snape

CR

P.S: peter the great are you the person who used to sign ur posts as PR

I think that harry initially thought that it was snape that caused the pain (coincidence), however the book clearly points out that it was voldie under the turban.

PS Nope, not me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Oh cool thanks. I must not have read it carefully enough. *makes a note to reread every single one of the books.* I always for some reason though that Crookshanks was a girl.
    your welcome. at first i thought Crookshanks was a girl too. then i reread book 3 and found out that Crookshanks was a boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    yellow isn't a normal colour for humans and in the films *shudder* they're catlike aren't they- perhaps a hint? But as I say...I think Crookshanks is just a normal cat...
    I believe that they are also described as being cat like in book one, but I couldn't remember for certain (book's at home) so I didn't add it. But yes, that was my understanding. However, again, moot point if crookshanks is a boy. Ho hum. Oh, one last thing though, we are supposed to learn that cats are important.

ReputationRep:
    I just thought of something very interesting. I don't know if it has been discussed before or not. In book 1 Ron is looking in the mirror of erised and he says, "I'm wearing the badge like Bill used to and i'm holding the house cup and the quidditch cup. I'm quidditch captain, too!" then Ron says, "Do you think this mirror shows the future?"
    i think this may be some foreshadowing because Ron does get the badge like Bill used to have and he wins the house and quidditch cup in the 5th year. maybe in book 6 he will become quidditch captain.
    just a thought to ponder.
    I don't know. It would kind of defeat the whole point of the Mirror of Erised. Dumbledore said that only those who wanted it, but not to use it would get it. I mean surely Ron wanted that stuff for selfish reasons. Also, someone should really give Dumbledore the pair of socks he so desires. Maybe Dobby could be of some help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    SiriusFan-

I was agreeing with you. I don't know how my posting got misconstrued. But what I was pointing out was that Snape was doing the "looking" not harry.
    i think everyone was misunderstood...because harry was looking(not completely direct) at the turban..thats why his scar hurt not because snape was looking at him

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Also, someone should really give Dumbledore the pair of socks he so desires. Maybe Dobby could be of some help!
    *chuckles* that would be funny. i could certainly see Dobby doing something like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    i think everyone was misunderstood...because harry was looking(not completely direct) at the turban..thats why his scar hurt not because snape was looking at him

CR
    EXACTLY!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    about the mirror of erised...why did harry see the sorcerers stone in his pocket..and then it was..so he desired that he had the stone and he saw himself..but then he had it...so maybe the mirror also shows the near future

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)

CR
    Couldn't it also work the other way round, if Voldie was staring at Harry?And also, how come Harry's scar didn't hurt during Quirrel's classes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    SiriusFan-

I was agreeing with you. I don't know how my posting got misconstrued. But what I was pointing out was that Snape was doing the "looking" not harry.
    Yes i know, sorry about the mix up, that post was for CR3. Plus, CR3 the reason harry's scar did not hurt was because he never made eye contact with voldemort, when he was under the turban, because otherwise his scar would have hurt every time he was with quirrlle, which was not the case. So i for one am sure that snape was the one who made his scar hurt. I am convinced snape is still a death eater. Here's why:
    1: When he first sees harry, harry knows snape hates him A death eater would
    2: he makes harry scar hurt (in my opinion) think of occlumency
    3:he is not dead, surely volde would know if he betrayed him, so how could he get close enough to spy on the death eaters, yet not get killed?
    4: Dumbledore keeps saying he trusts him, but as we know dumbledore has made some rather important mistakes.

Thank you Xenon, your last post is EXACTLY what i am trying to tell everyone! Well the scar part at least

(Original post by Xenon)
    But how can Crookshanks be a normal cat? i mean what type of a normal cat would be able to prod the knot, or know that Scabbers wasn't a real rat, and all of the other odd actions? It's just a bit weird for any normal cat to do. Maybe Crookshanks isn't an animagi, but a magical creature protecting people or something. Also though, McGonnagal's animagi form is a cat. I don't know if that has any significance, or if that fact will be important later on. I mean her form was twice used, at the beginning in Pivet Drive, and when introducing her first lesson. But those weren't important times. I wonder if this wil have a more important role later on!
    And I'm still wondering whether Crookshanks is a boy or a girl, as I dunno if it has been mentioned.
    I didn't mean that he wasn't special necesserally- just that he wasn't an animagi...he's obviously very intelligent as Sirius tells us...who knows? I daresay we'll find out soon enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    about the mirror of erised...why did harry see the sorcerers stone in his pocket..and then it was..so he desired that he had the stone and he saw himself..but then he had it...so maybe the mirror also shows the near future

CR
    that could very well be true because then it would explain all that stuff about Ron. hmmmm......interesting. very interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)

CR
    It gave harry the stone because he didn't want to use it himself. It dropped the stone into his pocket after harry saw what he desired.
    I always thought that Harry would be made Quidditch captain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    maybe Harry gets made quidditch captain in book 6. then in book 7 Harry plays quidditch for England and Ron takes over as gryffindors quidditch captain. I would love for Harry to be a seeker for England!!!

(Original post by Xenon)
    Oh I think he will be soon enough! Havn't the girls left now?

ReputationRep:
    i don't really like rons character too much as a quidditch player...because now harry and ron will probably be fighting like dogs about who's better

CR

ReputationRep:
    Ok, the mirror of Erised shows your deepest desire. Harry got the stone because of some enchantment Dumbledore put on the mirror (his way of protecting the stone).

Snape's skilled at Occlumency so he can lie to Voldemort without it being detected, which I'm guessing is why Voldemort hasn't killed him yet.

I think there's still at least one girl on the quidditch tem, I'm sure it said somewhere that Katie Bell was only a year older than Harry, but I could be very wrong.

ReputationRep:
    maybe Harry gets made quidditch captain in book 6. then in book 7 Harry plays quidditch for England and Ron takes over as gryffindors quidditch captain. I would love for Harry to be a seeker for England!!!
    It would be wicked for Harry to play for England. He'd really deserve it, he would have some well needed fun and he's very good.
    Maybe Voldie still needs Snape to get at Dumbledore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    It would be wicked for Harry to play for England. He'd really deserve it, he would have some well needed fun and he's very good.
    Maybe Voldie still needs Snape to get at Dumbledore.
    At the end of book 4 when Voldemorts going through where all the death eaters he's says that one has fled and will be killed (Karkaroff?) But what does he say about the other one, who I'm assuming to be Snape? Doesn't he just say that he'll pay?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.