Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    We've gone over the website with a fine tooth comb read back

Just found out the friend I was supposed to see the movie with this weekend can't go- and since we promised to go together, I have to wait a whole other week!!!

Expect full descriptions from everyone

Ron has a DREAM in it? thats....weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaq)
    i watched the movie on monday. it was def the best so far. tho their gonna hav to cut out alot from the 4th book if its all gonna b in 1 movie.

the part i loved was when Ron was having a nightmare with the spider making him tapdance, that scene got every1 in my screen cracking up.
    Yeah funny stuff! I just like daniel radcliffes face when he said, you tell those spiders ron! wooooooo...

Good movie, bogart scene was quite good, actually it was all good. Hermione made me luagh about her hair when she is hiding in the tree, that is something i would do. I reat it 4 1/2 stars, just because im kind!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    We've gone over the website with a fine tooth comb read back

Just found out the friend I was supposed to see the movie with this weekend can't go- and since we promised to go together, I have to wait a whole other week!!!

Expect full descriptions from everyone

Ron has a DREAM in it? thats....weird
    How far back do I have to go for the stuff about the website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron Huntroyde)
    How far back do I have to go for the stuff about the website?
    It starts here-p.397

http://www.uk-learning.net/t23812-397.html

Jus watched it. It was really good, and I loved the boggart scene. The dementors were creepy, and those scenes were good. There were a lot of parts I loved, but many of the scenes were in the wrong area or in the wrong scenario and a lot of new stuff added, but I guess it makes for good viewing. Also, the bit where Professor Trelawny speaks of what will happen turned out to be the one scene whch slightly scared my little brother. Also, Ron was portrayed to be a bit of a scaredy-cat sometimes in the movie.
    Just something to note. In the movie, Sirius shows his emotions to Harry far better than he did in the book. I mean, he was saying all that stuff which wasn't in the book, but I liked it, cos I had always wished that Sirius had shown his emotions more, and that the goodbye b/w the 2 before he went off on Buckbeat should have been a bit more emotional or something.

ReputationRep:
    The website is really good, I like its interactivity.

ReputationRep:
    Tell me more!

I'm glad there was more with Sirius- I also felt they didn't really show how close he and Harry should be in book 3- and in book 5 they are suddenly VERY close- glad they straightened it out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron Huntroyde)
    The website is really good, I like its interactivity.
    Oh no! It won't let me go on the website anymore!

Stupid computer :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Tell me more!

I'm glad there was more with Sirius- I also felt they didn't really show how close he and Harry should be in book 3- and in book 5 they are suddenly VERY close- glad they straightened it out!

I'm hoping that I can go see it tommorrow. My parents said I couldn't go at midnight.

ReputationRep:
    There's an article on CNN.com that says they are already filming #4- can anyone confirm?

ReputationRep:
    Are they not changing the actors?

They'll be about 40 when the final film is made.

ReputationRep:
    There's an article on CNN.com that says they are already filming #4- can anyone confirm?
    I think that they are. It was said that they would start filming soon after the movie came out. I actually really loved the Harry-Sirius bit. It was really touching, and how I wanted Sirius' relationship with Harry to be like.
    The way the patronus was done seemed really powerful, and I loved the first time when Harry flew on the hoppogriff (probably not spelt right).

ReputationRep:
    They ARE DEFINATELY filming it and have been for several weeks now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I think that they are. It was said that they would start filming soon after the movie came out. I actually really loved the Harry-Sirius bit. It was really touching, and how I wanted Sirius' relationship with Harry to be like.
    The way the patronus was done seemed really powerful, and I loved the first time when Harry flew on the hoppogriff (probably not spelt right).
    The patronus scene was the one bit I had hoped they would not stray from the book as it is described so well in it. I had always imagined the patronus-stag to be galloping, driving the dementors away but in the film, you could hardly make out it was a stag, which was stationery, let alone explaining the significance of the stag, which was really disappointing. If you did not know why Harry had thought his father was there casting the patronus you would have been confused why harry had thought it was his father.(if that makes sense!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    The patronus scene was the one bit I had hoped they would not stray from the book as it is described so well in it. I had always imagined the patronus-stag to be galloping, driving the dementors away but in the film, you could hardly make out it was a stag, which was stationery, let alone explaining the significance of the stag, which was really disappointing. If you did not know why Harry had thought his father was there casting the patronus you would have been confused why harry had thought it was his father.(if that makes sense!)
    I had imagined the stag to sort of be galloping around Harry and Sirus in a sort of circle around them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

I had imagined the stag to sort of be galloping around Harry and Sirus in a sort of circle around them...
    Isn't that what it said in the book?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

I imagined the patronue to be galloping around the dementors sort of pushing them away. Ok, if it was said to be galloping round sirius and harry, I imagined wrong! But I liked how the tremendous bright light sort of brings about power!
    Btw, the movie makes me miss Sirius even more now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Isn't that what it said in the book?
    I don't know but that's how I remember it from my imagination

The dementors weren't like the ones I had imagined either, we saw their mouth in the film I think! We're not meant to see any part of their face!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

I don't know but that's how I remember it from my imagination

The dementors weren't like the ones I had imagined either, we saw their mouth in the film I think! We're not meant to see any part of their face!
    I still haven't seen the film, but Harry does see their face in the book and they only have a mouth, this is once they have taken off their hood! in the film can you always see their mouth?

ReputationRep:
    It's Hippogriff I believe or Hypogryff? hmm-

Great that they are filming #4, but aren't they jumping hte gun a bit? At this rate, #4 will be out spring 2005- around when we are expecting book 6, then they'll be filming #5 which will be out spring 2006, then #6 in spring 2007, around when we should expect #7- which means they'll be writing the script and starting filming on #7 the minute we get it! Isn't that cutting it a bit close? Is my math off?

I always imagined prongs "galloping" as well- but I don't think it says he does except for that it cantered back to him- hmm- wonder if the director of #5 will keep it the same- directors are getting to be a bit like DADA professors, aren't they? Keep changing up....

ReputationRep:
    really? I thought they werent going to use radcliff and co again?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.