Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    Eek! Just saw film 3 and LOVED it, marvelous new style, and the music wow. Was it just me or did Daniel Radcliffe perform really well this time? Sirius and Lupin were fab too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivian)
    Eek! Just saw film 3 and LOVED it, marvelous new style, and the music wow. Was it just me or did Daniel Radcliffe perform really well this time? Sirius and Lupin were fab too.
    I have seen a pic of Lupin on the train, whats with the welts on his face?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    really? I thought they werent going to use radcliff and co again?

Why wouldn't they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Why wouldn't they?

There was a rumour saying that they were getting too old looking, personally I think they'll do all 7.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Why wouldn't they?
    Are any americans going to a midnight showing today?

ReputationRep:
    Does it come out tonight in America then? :confused: I

ReputationRep:
    There was a rumour saying that they were getting too old looking, personally I think they'll do all 7.
    Thats what i heard, and i think Radcliff is a terrible actor.

ReputationRep:
    Thats what i heard, and i think Radcliff is a terrible actor.

Thats what I thought until I saw Azkaban on Monday, he is really quite good in it. So are Emma watson and Rupert Grint.

ReputationRep:
    Does it come out tonight in America then? :confused: I
    12 am tommorrow morning technically

ReputationRep:
    Thats what I thought until I saw Azkaban on Monday, he is really quite good in it. So are Emma watson and Rupert Grint.
    Yeah but that clip were he says "expecto patronum" is a good example of over-acting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    It's Hippogriff I believe or Hypogryff? hmm-

Great that they are filming #4, but aren't they jumping hte gun a bit? At this rate, #4 will be out spring 2005- around when we are expecting book 6, then they'll be filming #5 which will be out spring 2006, then #6 in spring 2007, around when we should expect #7- which means they'll be writing the script and starting filming on #7 the minute we get it! Isn't that cutting it a bit close? Is my math off?

I always imagined prongs "galloping" as well- but I don't think it says he does except for that it cantered back to him- hmm- wonder if the director of #5 will keep it the same- directors are getting to be a bit like DADA professors, aren't they? Keep changing up....
    Doesn't it take 2 years for each movie?

ReputationRep:
    nah- only a year for a movie- less if they WANT- but they've been releasing about one a year- no way can they switch the cast- the characters get older- so should the cast! Radcliffe and co are already booked for #4 and tentatively #5 according to www.imdb.com so I can't imagine they would change up for just #6 and #7!

ReputationRep:
    I have seen a pic of Lupin on the train, whats with the welts on his face?
    Probably from his time as a werewolf. He can come across some little hazards when he is one, You'll see that in the movie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Probably from his time as a werewolf. He can come across some little hazards when he is one, You'll see that in the movie.
    *grumbles about not being able to see movie*

ReputationRep:
    Just back from seeing the movie.....definitely the best so far ....I love all the Hogwarts scenery! (and "awww" @ Ron and Hermione)

ReputationRep:
    Ok, for those who've watched the movie, and for those who'll watch it later, see if you give ratings out of 10 for the actors/actresses playing their roles in this movie.

The main ones:

The director, Alfonso:
    Harry (aka Daniel Radcliff):
    Hermione:
    Ron:
    Dumbledore:
    Snape:
    Lupin:
    Sirius:
    Pettigrew:
    Hagrid:
    Draco:
    Prof. Trelawny:
    Fudge:
    Fred and George:
    The fat lady:

Feel free to add ratings for any characters I've missed out, or who you feel deserve a rating.

ReputationRep:
    *grumbles about not being able to see movie*
    Sorry mate! I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

ReputationRep:
    I was reading the review for the movie from IMDb and I found this interesting: The wickedly intelligent Hermione emerges as more than a just a smart-ass girl in a male dominated school: She's pivotal in focusing Harry on the task at hand and even punches out a nasty boy. Romance has not even been hinted at; friendship, loyalty, and love of the purest kind are foremost for these adventurers.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone mildly disturbed by the British media hacks drooling over Emma Watson?

ReputationRep:
    What about the girls who write ' I heart Daniel Radcliffe' everywhere?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.