Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Eek! Just saw film 3 and LOVED it, marvelous new style, and the music wow. Was it just me or did Daniel Radcliffe perform really well this time? Sirius and Lupin were fab too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivian)
    Eek! Just saw film 3 and LOVED it, marvelous new style, and the music wow. Was it just me or did Daniel Radcliffe perform really well this time? Sirius and Lupin were fab too.
    I have seen a pic of Lupin on the train, whats with the welts on his face?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    really? I thought they werent going to use radcliff and co again?

Why wouldn't they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Why wouldn't they?

There was a rumour saying that they were getting too old looking, personally I think they'll do all 7.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Why wouldn't they?
    Are any americans going to a midnight showing today?

ReputationRep:
    Does it come out tonight in America then? :confused: I

ReputationRep:
    There was a rumour saying that they were getting too old looking, personally I think they'll do all 7.
    Thats what i heard, and i think Radcliff is a terrible actor.

ReputationRep:
    Thats what i heard, and i think Radcliff is a terrible actor.

Thats what I thought until I saw Azkaban on Monday, he is really quite good in it. So are Emma watson and Rupert Grint.

ReputationRep:
    Does it come out tonight in America then? :confused: I
    12 am tommorrow morning technically

ReputationRep:
    Thats what I thought until I saw Azkaban on Monday, he is really quite good in it. So are Emma watson and Rupert Grint.
    Yeah but that clip were he says "expecto patronum" is a good example of over-acting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    It's Hippogriff I believe or Hypogryff? hmm-

Great that they are filming #4, but aren't they jumping hte gun a bit? At this rate, #4 will be out spring 2005- around when we are expecting book 6, then they'll be filming #5 which will be out spring 2006, then #6 in spring 2007, around when we should expect #7- which means they'll be writing the script and starting filming on #7 the minute we get it! Isn't that cutting it a bit close? Is my math off?

I always imagined prongs "galloping" as well- but I don't think it says he does except for that it cantered back to him- hmm- wonder if the director of #5 will keep it the same- directors are getting to be a bit like DADA professors, aren't they? Keep changing up....
    Doesn't it take 2 years for each movie?

ReputationRep:
    nah- only a year for a movie- less if they WANT- but they've been releasing about one a year- no way can they switch the cast- the characters get older- so should the cast! Radcliffe and co are already booked for #4 and tentatively #5 according to www.imdb.com so I can't imagine they would change up for just #6 and #7!

ReputationRep:
    I have seen a pic of Lupin on the train, whats with the welts on his face?
    Probably from his time as a werewolf. He can come across some little hazards when he is one, You'll see that in the movie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Probably from his time as a werewolf. He can come across some little hazards when he is one, You'll see that in the movie.
    *grumbles about not being able to see movie*

ReputationRep:
    Just back from seeing the movie.....definitely the best so far ....I love all the Hogwarts scenery! (and "awww" @ Ron and Hermione)

ReputationRep:
    Ok, for those who've watched the movie, and for those who'll watch it later, see if you give ratings out of 10 for the actors/actresses playing their roles in this movie.

The main ones:

The director, Alfonso:
    Harry (aka Daniel Radcliff):
    Hermione:
    Ron:
    Dumbledore:
    Snape:
    Lupin:
    Sirius:
    Pettigrew:
    Hagrid:
    Draco:
    Prof. Trelawny:
    Fudge:
    Fred and George:
    The fat lady:

Feel free to add ratings for any characters I've missed out, or who you feel deserve a rating.

ReputationRep:
    *grumbles about not being able to see movie*
    Sorry mate! I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

ReputationRep:
    I was reading the review for the movie from IMDb and I found this interesting: The wickedly intelligent Hermione emerges as more than a just a smart-ass girl in a male dominated school: She's pivotal in focusing Harry on the task at hand and even punches out a nasty boy. Romance has not even been hinted at; friendship, loyalty, and love of the purest kind are foremost for these adventurers.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone mildly disturbed by the British media hacks drooling over Emma Watson?

ReputationRep:
    What about the girls who write ' I heart Daniel Radcliffe' everywhere?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.