Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone,
    wow this thread looks so different now. i havent been on here in forever. there are a lot of new ppl too. yay! and more pages, yay!
    i just wanted to say that i saw the "prisoner of azkaban" movie and it was really good! the book is of course better but the movie was awesome!

just wanted to say hi. maybe i will be on again sometime because school is almost out. 1 more week! that will give me a chance to catch up on all the 200 some pages that i have missed, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    hey everyone,
    wow this thread looks so different now. i havent been on here in forever. there are a lot of new ppl too. yay! and more pages, yay!
    i just wanted to say that i saw the "prisoner of azkaban" movie and it was really good! the book is of course better but the movie was awesome!

just wanted to say hi. maybe i will be on again sometime because school is almost out. 1 more week! that will give me a chance to catch up on all the 200 some pages that i have missed, lol.
    Hiya. Yeah, we've had quite a few new users come on this thread, which can only be good. We'll see you more after a week then. Take care.
    I wonder if they'll still have Charlie and Bill in the 4th movie. They've got to start with the weasley house, and travelling to the world cup though I think, cos it introduces the portkey. Also, does that mean taht they'll miss out the whole of Harry escaping scene with the fireplace getting blown up and the ton-tongue toffees? They an't moss taht out! That would be such a funny scene! They have to keep it in, especially with Dudley's big tongue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Hiya. Yeah, we've had quite a few new users come on this thread, which can only be good. We'll see you more after a week then. Take care.
    I wonder if they'll still have Charlie and Bill in the 4th movie. They've got to start with the weasley house, and travelling to the world cup though I think, cos it introduces the portkey. Also, does that mean taht they'll miss out the whole of Harry escaping scene with the fireplace getting blown up and the ton-tongue toffees? They an't moss taht out! That would be such a funny scene! They have to keep it in, especially with Dudley's big tongue.
    I think they're starting the film at the actual world cup.

ReputationRep:
    Does ne1 else think the woman who plays McGonagal looks too harsh, n where have i seen her before??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    hey everyone,

Hello, long time no see. I think i am going to see the movie on tuesday. Woo hoo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaq)
    Does ne1 else think the woman who plays McGonagal looks too harsh, n where have i seen her before??

McGonagall is played by Dame Maggie Smith. If you live in the u.s. then you will recognize her as the woman who is always cast to play female english aristocrats in any movie.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) (filming) .... Professor Minerva McGonagall
    PHP Code:
    Ladies in Lavender (2004) (post-production) .... Ursula Widdington

Harry Potter 
    and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) .... Professor Minerva McGonagall 
    My House in Umbria 
    (2003) (TV) .... MrsEmily Delahunty 
    Harry Potter 
    and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) (as Dame Maggie Smith) .... Professor Minerva McGonagall
    ... aka Harry Potter und die Kammer des Schreckens (2002) (Germany
    Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood (2002) .... Caro Eliza Bennett 
    Gosford Park 
    (2001) .... Constance Trentham
    ... aka Gosford Park (2001) (Germany
    Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001) .... Professor Minerva McGonagall
    ... aka Harry Potter and the Philosopher'
    s Stone (2001) (InternationalEnglish title) (UK
    aka Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001) (USA) 

David Copperfield (1999) (TV) .... Betsey Trotwood 
    All the King'
    s Men (1999) (TV) .... Queen Alexandra 
    Curtain Call 
    (1999) .... Lily Marlowe 
    Last September
    The (1999) .... Lady Myra
    ... aka Last SeptemberThe (1999) (France
    Tea with Mussolini (1999) .... Lady Hester Random
    ... aka Te con MussoliniUn (1999) (Italy
    Washington Square (1997) .... Aunt Lavinia Penniman 
    First Wives Club
    The (1996) .... Gunilla Garson Goldberg 
    Richard III 
    (1995) .... Duchess of York 
    Sister Act 2
    Back in the Habit (1993) .... Mother Superior 
    Secret Garden
    The (1993) .... MrsMedlock 
    Suddenly
    Last Summer (1993) (TV) .... Violet Venable 
    Memento Mori 
    (1992) (TV) .... MrsMabel Pettigrew 
    Sister Act 
    (1992) .... Mother Superior 
    Hook 
    (1991) .... Granny Wendy/Middle-Aged Wendy 
    Romeo
    -Juliet (1990) (voice) .... Rozaline

"Talking Heads" (1987) (miniTV Series .... Susan (episode "Bed Among the Lentils"
    Lonely Passion of Judith HearneThe (1987) .... Judith Hearne 
    Játszani kell 
    (1985) .... Lily Wynn
    ... aka Lily in Love (1985) (USA
    aka Playing for Keeps (1985
    Room with a View(1985) .... Charlotte Bartletta chaperon 
    Private Function, (1984) .... Joyce Chilvers 
    Better Late Than Never 
    (1982) .... Miss Anderson
    ... aka Whose Little Girl Are You? (1982
    MissionaryThe (1982) .... Lady Isabel Ames 
    Evil Under the Sun 
    (1982) .... Daphne Castle 
    Clash of the Titans 
    (1981) .... Thetis 
    Quartet 
    (1981) .... Lois Heidler

California Suite 
    (1978) .... Visitors from London Diana Barrie
    ... aka Neil Simon's California Suite (1978) 
    Death on the Nile (1978) .... Miss Bowers
    ... aka Agatha Christie'
    s Death on the Nile (1978) (UK
    Murder by Death (1976) .... MrsDora Charleston 
    Love 
    and Pain and the Whole Damn Thing (1973) .... Lila Fisher 
    Travels with My Aunt 
    (1972) .... Aunt Augusta 
    Millionairess
    The (1972) (TV
    aka Play of the MonthThe Millionairess (1972) (TV) (UK
    Merchant of VeniceThe (1972) (TV) .... Portia
    ... aka Play of the MonthThe Merchant of Venice (1972) (TV) (UK

OhWhat a Lovely War (1969) .... Music Hall Star 
    Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
    The (1969) .... Jean Brodie 
    Seagull
    The (1968) (TV) .... Irina Arkadina
    ... aka Play of the MonthThe Seagull (1968) (TV) (UK
    Hot Millions (1968) .... Patty Terwilliger 
    Man 
    and Superman (1968) (TV
    aka Play of the MonthMan and Superman (1968) (TV) (UK
    Much Ado About Nothing (1967) (TV) .... Beatrice 
    Honey Pot
    The (1967) .... Sarah Watkins
    ... aka HoneypotThe (1967) (USA
    aka It Comes Up Murder (1967
    aka MrFox of Venice (1967
    Othello (1965) .... Desdemona 
    Young Cassidy 
    (1965) .... Nora 
    Pumpkin Eater
    The (1964) .... Philpott 
    V
    .I.P.sThe (1963) .... Miss Mead
    ... aka International Hotel (1963
    Go to Blazes (1962) .... Chantal 
    Hay Fever 
    (1960) (TV

Nowhere to Go (1958) .... Bridget Howard 
    Child in the House 
    (1956) (uncredited) .... Party guest 

p.s. has anyone seen the ing commercial with the cats with british accents?

ReputationRep:
    saw harrp otter two days ago and was very impressed.....

i was struck with this thought the other night. hasnt jk rowling said that the sixth book will contain a small detail from number two that will become very big? i personally think that this may be the apparating and disapparating of house-elves......

in almost every book we hear herm. tell someone angrily that perople canNOT apparate into hogwarts...BUT HOUSe ELVES SEEMINGLY CAN. plus, they have played an increasingly larger role in each book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Hello, long time no see. I think i am going to see the movie on tuesday. Woo hoo
    ahh my friend (looks at signature) you cannot be called a newbie anymore. and I can no longer be called great. I feel myself slipping into the pages of obscurity.

ReputationRep:
    jkrowling.com updates:
    News:
    She can't reply to emails from fans
    She loved the movie and the actors
    Rumours:
    She wasn't actually squidward in the mugglenet chat room (says to stop logging in as squidward)
    The no "voldie" thing was a joke
    wants to design an anti-dark mark to use when she is only kidding
    The text on the book next to the door with the do not disturb sign on it is meaningless.(although I don't see a book)
    A fan has hacked into the door
    She actually mantains the site herself instead of telling others what to do
    Biography:
    Now has 7 pages (it may have before but I didn't notice)
    Wizard of the Month:
    Gwenog Jones, Captain and beater of only all-female national quidditch team, the Holyhead Harpies
    ?(door that wont open):
    no change
    awards
    did anybody notice there is a "Frank Longbottom" award?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    A Frank Longbottom award? What is it for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    A Frank Longbottom award? What is it for?
    on the fan sites awards page, it is one of the tropheys on the top of the shelf. It hasn't been awarded, so it might just be decor, wich would mean that frank longbottom was given a hogwarts award for something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivian)
    I think they're starting the film at the actual world cup.
    That is true. The acters who play the Dursleys were upset about it and achully asked JK Rowling, if they could visit Hogwarts for some parents day. Just shows how much they know about the books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    jkrowling.com updates:
    News:
    She can't reply to emails from fans
    She loved the movie and the actors
    Rumours:
    She wasn't actually squidward in the mugglenet chat room (says to stop logging in as squidward)
    The no "voldie" thing was a joke
    wants to design an anti-dark mark to use when she is only kidding
    The text on the book next to the door with the do not disturb sign on it is meaningless.(although I don't see a book)
    A fan has hacked into the door
    She actually mantains the site herself instead of telling others what to do
    Biography:
    Now has 7 pages (it may have before but I didn't notice)
    Wizard of the Month:
    Gwenog Jones, Captain and beater of only all-female national quidditch team, the Holyhead Harpies
    ?(door that wont open):
    no change
    awards
    Didn't the person that hacked into the site come on here and say it. I'm sure he did.

ReputationRep:
    I watched CoS again last night and i've thought of what the small detail could be. The fact that the Malfoys have Voldemorts school things. It could be nothing or it could be something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I watched CoS again last night and i've thought of what the small detail could be. The fact that the Malfoys have Voldemorts school things. It could be nothing or it could be something.
    that can't be it. it's not even obscure......she practically shouts it in our faces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    that can't be it. it's not even obscure......she practically shouts it in our faces.
    She doesn't. I also watched the interveiw between JK and Steve the script writer. And they both said "theres one small detail in chamber which plays a part in the up coming series" And they also metioned that it would be book 6.

ReputationRep:
    ok- back from the weekend!

1) I saw the site the person who hacked through the door got- it has meaningless latin text in it- I posted that here a couple weeks ago- I'm guessing she'll put something on the book when she wants- there isn't anything to hack yet

2) Lupin with a moustache- ew

3) Maggie Smith, Alan Rickman, Emma Thompson, Kenneth Braughnah (sp?) and all of the other important adult actors in the films are all wonderful- they should all get 10s

4) They are already filming- Dan Radcliffe said that he was "filming all underwater" in June- (which means the second task of the Triwizard of course!)

5) I haven't seen the film yet, but to answer a question- there is NOTHNG in the books where Lupin says Lily stood up for him when others wouldn't- was that really said? might be a clue.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    5) I haven't seen the film yet, but to answer a question- there is NOTHNG in the books where Lupin says Lily stood up for him when others wouldn't- was that really said? might be a clue.....
    Where did you get that from?

ReputationRep:
    How do you think John Malkovich will perform as Lord Voldemort?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)

Didn't the book have him saying that it was james? I think they just used lily in the movie because that is who they were talking about.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.