The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

As im complainin a lot bout the film ill just say a few more that just sprang into mind what was up with the firebolt comin in at the end of the film wasnt he supposed to win the quidditch world cup with it ??????????

why was the warewolf soooooooooooooo skinny arent tehy meant to be big and hairy

and last one i promise then ill stop complaining, did i miss out the part with the heads on the bus and in the tavern becaz im sure there not in the book maybe im wrong????????????????
Reply 8481
makaveli_2k_04
As im complainin a lot bout the film ill just say a few more that just sprang into mind what was up with the firebolt comin in at the end of the film wasnt he supposed to win the quidditch world cup with it ??????????

why was the warewolf soooooooooooooo skinny arent tehy meant to be big and hairy

and last one i promise then ill stop complaining, did i miss out the part with the heads on the bus and in the tavern becaz im sure there not in the book maybe im wrong????????????????

Qudiddith world cup? :biggrin: They didn't put the winning of the house cup, as it probably wasn't seen as being as important as some other parts of the story, and since there wasn't enough room for everything, they left that bit out.
Reply 8482
someone said it- I still haven't seen- but there was nothing in the book about anyone really standing up for Lupin- no one else knew he was a werewolf, remember?

As much as I love Quidditch, it sounds as though they are having a hard time keeping in the clues for hte future without a 5 hour film (although I'm all for that) so I don't mind that they've cut most of the games- although is it me, or do they only seem to play 4-5 games per team?

Also glad they've skipped to the World Cup for the beginning of movie #4- Dursley's are a bit boring, although I like the woman who plays Aunt Petunia- isn't she in alot of other films as well? I know she was in Three Men and a Little Lady :smile:
Brooklyn

Also glad they've skipped to the World Cup for the beginning of movie #4- Dursley's are a bit boring, although I like the woman who plays Aunt Petunia- isn't she in alot of other films as well? I know she was in Three Men and a Little Lady :smile:

Surely they are going to need to keep her in as she plays a more interesting part in OoP, with her knowledge of Dementors etc
Reply 8484
I suppose they'll have to cut loads out of The order of the phoenix, otherwise it will be about 9 hours long. :smile:
Reply 8485
Vivian
I suppose they'll have to cut loads out of The order of the phoenix, otherwise it will be about 9 hours long. :smile:

itll b awful...imcrying just thinking about all the great bits theyll miss out
mistakes happen house cup world cup wats the difference there all cups neways still shouldnt have been done like that i think they should select some of us to direct the next movie :tongue:
Reply 8487
Brooklyn
As much as I love Quidditch, it sounds as though they are having a hard time keeping in the clues for hte future without a 5 hour film (although I'm all for that) so I don't mind that they've cut most of the games- although is it me, or do they only seem to play 4-5 games per team?

They might have been a bit boring, but I would have loved to see the blowing up of the fireplace and Dudley and the ton-tongue toffee.

In the last match, they had cut down the number ofplayers in the movie, well even if they didn't, they missed out captain wood!
Reply 8488
I can't remember something from the movie. You know when Lupin is talking to Lupin at the end, does he explain about Wormtail being in debt to him? If he didn't, it confuses me, cos I always thought that the debt would be pretty important.
Reply 8489
Xenon
I can't remember something from the movie. You know when Lupin is talking to Lupin at the end, does he explain about Wormtail being in debt to him? If he didn't, it confuses me, cos I always thought that the debt would be pretty important.

No wonder, i would find Lupin talking to himself confusing too :tongue:
Reply 8490
curryADD
ahh my friend (looks at signature) you cannot be called a newbie anymore. and I can no longer be called great. I feel myself slipping into the pages of obscurity.

Sure you can, people were still talking about you after you left. Glad too see your back :smile:
Reply 8491
Xenon

There were lots of non-trivial details that were left out. Yes that bit was left out.
Reply 8492
moncal
There were lots of non-trivial details that were left out. Yes that bit was left out.

They will probably mention wormtails debt briefly in the film where it becomes important i.e. the 6th or seventh, particularly if those ones are really much smaller books as JK has said (although I hope she ends up writing long books again!) :smile:
Reply 8493
I can't wait till i've seen the film cos i would at least have something to talk about with you guys.
Reply 8494
PadFoot90
No wonder, i would find Lupin talking to himself confusing too :tongue:

Whoops, I meant when Lupin talks to Harry at the end. :redface:
Reply 8495
Xenon
Whoops, I meant when Lupin talks to Harry at the end. :redface:

I was going to metion that, but Padfoot beat me to it.
Reply 8496
I still feel like they HAD to have left out some important things- especially after reading hte article in Entertainment Weekly- they said that the director decided they could talk about who MWPP were in another movie- which means I'm curious as to how they plan to explain Harry calling Sirius Padfoot in the next couple movies if he doesn't even know-
Reply 8497
in the book- Dumbledore told Harry that wormtail was in his debt, not Lupin- maybe Dumbledore will explain it in a later movie? It will REALLY seem like he's holding everything back from Harry if he does
Reply 8498
Brooklyn
I still feel like they HAD to have left out some important things- especially after reading hte article in Entertainment Weekly- they said that the director decided they could talk about who MWPP were in another movie- which means I'm curious as to how they plan to explain Harry calling Sirius Padfoot in the next couple movies if he doesn't even know-

But Harry never does really (apart from Book 5 when he speaks in code to Snape). He calls Sirius Snuffles.
Reply 8499
i saw the film for a second time yesterday which was good cos I realised all the bits i'd missed!

I was suprised they did'nt explainn things a little more, like how did lupin know how to use the map when they never told anyone he had helped write it?

I loved proffesser lupin though I think he was cast excellently!

Latest

Trending

Trending