Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    you were right about the Snuffles thing- but still- when they tell it- its going to seem weird-

since they ARE going to explain it later, of course Lupin would know how to use the map- it will be one of those things those "movie only" people will have as a clue for later- (those are weird people!)

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, the movie doesn't mention who the makers of the mauraders map are, which mightleave non-readers of the book confused about how he could read the map. And no mention of Sirius almost leading Snape to Lupin as a werewolf, and James rescuing him. And didn't mention why and how the Womping Willow got there.

ReputationRep:
    no wonder he kept this film so short- he left it all for later directors to add in-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    And didn't mention why and how the Womping Willow got there.

I wondered that.

My bf bought the fourth book today cause he wanted to know what's going to happen (and he keeps telling me, just like with LOTR)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Oh yeah, the movie doesn't mention who the makers of the mauraders map are, which mightleave non-readers of the book confused about how he could read the map. And no mention of Sirius almost leading Snape to Lupin as a werewolf, and James rescuing him. And didn't mention why and how the Womping Willow got there.
    Hmm, while I haven't seen the third flick yet, I'm already seeing a possible problem. Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but what are they going to do when the fourth and firth films get made??? Surely they aren't going to attempt cramming so much into one film, but would a Kill Bill vol1 and vol2 thing work with Harry Potter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Hmm, while I haven't seen the third flick yet, I'm already seeing a possible problem. Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but what are they going to do when the fourth and firth films get made??? Surely they aren't going to attempt cramming so much into one film, but would a Kill Bill vol1 and vol2 thing work with Harry Potter?
    Someone mentioned earlier that when warner brothers said they wouldn't do that jkr tried to get another company but couldn't due to selling the rights to warner brothers.

ReputationRep:
    I sure all of the films are only going to be one part at least according to WB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    They will indeed try to cram all of book 4 into one film which means it will be rubbish. I'll bet the quidditch world cup only lasts 5 mins (match and dark mark both).

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually ok with them cramming the Quidditch match- if you think about it- alot of it is description of the tent and people in the campsite- should be able to SHOW that alot quicker if at all- and after they cover the dark mark being thrown, you're already halfway through the book-

the thing about JK wanting book 4 to be two movies is a false rumor- not remotely true- she's never said a word about it- and she certainly has never tried to get another company to make the films- she's said she's very happy with WB and changing would mean starting from scratch with new actors, sets, budgets, etc-

ReputationRep:
    Book 5 in one movie, theres a challenge for Steven Kloves.

ReputationRep:
    I know this was mentioned already, but what does "Wotcher" mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woody)

I loved proffesser lupin though I think he was cast excellently!
    wot even the moustache!!!!

Ivve mentioned this before.it just seems wrong. id also thought hed b younger (Harrys parents in the 2nd book (Mirror or Erised) looked a lot younger and there supposed to be the same age as Lupin).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaq)

Ivve mentioned this before.it just seems wrong. id also thought hed b younger (Harrys parents in the 2nd book (Mirror or Erised) looked a lot younger and there supposed to be the same age as Lupin).

I completely agree
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Jaq)

But surely they would be shown in the Mirror as they were at the time of their deaths? They wouldn't have aged as Lupin has...

ReputationRep:
    hi just saw this thread, thought i'll read every1's comments and thoughts but how the hell am i to read 8530 posts??!lol. i tried reading few pages got up till 2o-sumthing and gave up.
    i was jus wondering a few things -probably already been discussed (sorry) - u know the mirror in book 5 that sirius gives harry - y dint he use that to contact sirius and went to use the fire in umbridges office -would have been alot easier woulnt it?
    and at the first few pages sum1 mentioned harry's mum, lily being a death eater - woz this a joke or is there sumthing in the book hinting it?
    and sumwher else there woz sumthing abt harry being gryffindor heir - wots that woz it in the 2nd book -(read that ages ago - borrowd it off sum1 neva got chance to read it again -cant really remeber wot happens in that book)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by med1)
    i was jus wondering a few things -probably already been discussed (sorry) - u know the mirror in book 5 that sirius gives harry - y dint he use that to contact sirius and went to use the fire in umbridges office -would have been alot easier woulnt it?
    I don't think he opened it until the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I don't think he opened it until the end.
    Yes thats right, and JKR said even though it broke, it was going to be in the next 2 books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivian)
    I sure all of the films are only going to be one part at least according to WB.
    Say they did do the films into two parts like kill bill....when would be a good point in in book 4 and 5 to stop? they would have to end the first part with a good climax! any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Another rant about the movie. How long have fred and george known that harry has an invisibility cloak?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    I know this was mentioned already, but what does "Wotcher" mean?
    Probably a mixture of hi, what's up, how are you?
    Yeah, I think it has been mentioned, but that was ages ago!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.