Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In between my Computing revision, the idea of Harry's death just popped up. I say, in order to remove 'Voldy' he must die himself too. You know, you balance out the good and evil thing. A sacrifice perhaps?

Oh I'm just babbling, tired but meh, back to computing...

ReputationRep:
    Phew, lots of catching up to do, have been busy working to pay off some debts, so dull!

I completely agree with what Brooklyn said about Snape, he wouldn't hurt Harry, he's part of the order, so one of his aims is to protect him. He might be a bit mean to him in class etc, but theres no way he'd hurt him.

Don't have mush else to say, mainly because I've exhausted myself on the film. I think we need to change the subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I think I missed my own party too. I just finished my last exam today, so didn't come back till about 8, and then I fell asleep. If there's any of the cake left, I'll have a piece! Ooh, and some butterbeer! yea, i gues you are right out Snape Brooklyn. but then again,Harry couldn't have died like that, could he, according to the prophecy.
    You may have missed ur own party Xenon, but theres no way that you can miss the threads aniversary.

ReputationRep:
    About the prophecy- I don't think its that Harry CANT be killed, I think it just says he WONT- He's not superman or anything- bullets won't bounce off him, I don't think the prophecy GIVES any power, it just reflects what WILL happen- so one of them is going to die at the hand of the other- no matter where they go or what they do, that's just eventually going to happen-

although you would think a prophecy would tell you WHICH one, don't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    About the prophecy- I don't think its that Harry CANT be killed, I think it just says he WONT- He's not superman or anything- bullets won't bounce off him, I don't think the prophecy GIVES any power, it just reflects what WILL happen- so one of them is going to die at the hand of the other- no matter where they go or what they do, that's just eventually going to happen-

although you would think a prophecy would tell you WHICH one, don't you?
    Do you think Harry will know that he's not superman though? I mean he has survived a hell of a lot, so maybe in the next book he might do some crazy stuff with the idea that he cannot be killed?

ReputationRep:
    since the last time i was here the thread has increased with 30 pages! haven't seen the film yet so i can't comment on some things that has been written, but i take it as it is worth seeing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivian)
    Book 5 in one movie, theres a challenge for Steven Kloves.
    thats impossible look at the size of the book

ReputationRep:
    And with book 5, i'll hate to see anything go.

ReputationRep:
    People have got quite hung up about the prophecy thing but i dunno really if it gives us any more info about what going to happen.

if film 5 was in two parts wouldn't 5a be boring for people who haven't read the book it would have no climax?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woody)
    if film 5 was in two parts wouldn't 5a be boring for people who haven't read the book it would have no climax?
    nah im sure they will find some point that could make it have a climax

but i do agree

ReputationRep:
    What happens in the middle of book 5, im still in film 3 mode?

ReputationRep:
    Its a humungous task trying to film the films back to back, let alone filming volumes 1 and 2 for some of the books. They will have to strip the later books to the bones and just leave out many of the subplots to fit each book into one film. Otherwise the actors will definitely get too old by the end. WB are now v keen I hear to keep the trio of actors throughout all the films. One option would be to release much longer uncut versions of the films on DVD after a normal-sized cinematic release

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    Its a humungous task trying to film the films back to back, let alone filming volumes 1 and 2 for some of the books. They will have to strip the later books to the bones and just leave out many of the subplots to fit each book into one film. Otherwise the actors will definitely get too old by the end. WB are now v keen I hear to keep the trio of actors throughout all the films. One option would be to release much longer uncut versions of the films on DVD after a normal-sized cinematic release
    Thats what good old Peter Jackson did, and I think HP should follow that path.

ReputationRep:
    Reading book five, i got to the part where moody was showing harry the picture, do you think any of the order members they said they never found might still be alive somehow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Reading book five, i got to the part where moody was showing harry the picture, do you think any of the order members they said they never found might still be alive somehow?

It's possible, but that would be too much like star wars and many other stories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    It's possible, but that would be too much like star wars and many other stories.
    That hasnt stopped her before though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    I'm re-reading the whole series again. Currentally on CoS.

ReputationRep:
    Well- I think they could leave out ALOT of book five- think of how many pages were devoted to cranky, brooding Harry- I think you could move from the dementor attack to Grimmauld Place within ten minutes, and thats a third of the book- think of how many chapters were owls flying in and out- Harry being cranky- dementors - more crankiness- warnings- cranky - order comes to rescue- alot of flying- more crankiness- they're there! they can definately condense that-

ReputationRep:
    I'm reading book 4 now, just to keep it in the brain!

I think they should keep the trio together there not that much too old really and I don't htink I cope with a different ron !

ReputationRep:
    How far in is the attack on Mr W? Maybe that could be a place to split OotP, though I dunno if you'd end flim 1 just as Harry wakes up or when they actually find him...

I really really can't wait to see Prisoner of Azkaban- only three weeks until end of exams and then I can.....my friend went with her boyfriend cos she couldn't wait til then! Looks like I'll have to go with my little sis after all...

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.