Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    How far in is the attack on Mr W? Maybe that could be a place to split OotP, though I dunno if you'd end flim 1 just as Harry wakes up or when they actually find him...
    You would have to have just as he wakes from the dream, people who have not read the book would'nt know what happens to Mr.Weasley, but you could have it when Mogonagol takes harry seriously and they leave the room together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Well- I think they could leave out ALOT of book five- think of how many pages were devoted to cranky, brooding Harry- I think you could move from the dementor attack to Grimmauld Place within ten minutes, and thats a third of the book- think of how many chapters were owls flying in and out- Harry being cranky- dementors - more crankiness- warnings- cranky - order comes to rescue- alot of flying- more crankiness- they're there! they can definately condense that-
    Yes, i def. would not mind having the whole yelling at everyone part at the start. I also hope they leave it out of the end talk with dumbledore.

ReputationRep:
    The attck on Mr. Weasley happens right before Christmas- and actually, not much happens the first term of school, does it? They have all the troubles of introduction and detention with Umbridge, but that's pretty much it-

ReputationRep:
    Oooh the ultimate discussion...does this mean the last discussion?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the discussions with dumbledore could be shortened lots cos it did start to drag the end of the book, and I think we'd see enough of moody harry without hours of tantrums!

who do u think should be cast as umbridge?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by woody)
    Yeah the discussions with dumbledore could be shortened lots cos it did start to drag the end of the book, and I think we'd see enough of moody harry without hours of tantrums!

who do u think should be cast as umbridge?
    Anne Widdecombe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    Oooh the ultimate discussion...does this mean the last discussion?
    The thread was previously called "Will Harry die at the end of book 7". Then, there was a decline of posters, so we decided to change the name to "the ultimate discussion". It is the ultimate discussion about HP on this site, and the longest thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    The thread was previously called "Will Harry die at the end of book 7". Then, there was a decline of posters, so we decided to change the name to "the ultimate discussion". It is the ultimate discussion about HP on this site, and the longest thread.
    Ultimate sounds far cooler.
    As for Umbridge, I have no idea who would be suitable.

ReputationRep:
    Im back people have u missed me (and my wonderful countdowns) *which sadley i cant do anymore because the movie already came out*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    Im back people have u missed me (and my wonderful countdowns) *which sadley i cant do anymore because the movie already came out*
    Just waiting for news on book 6 release day...then there will be another countdown

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    Anne Widdecombe!
    LOL! she would fit so well he he. They will have to dye her hair and she will have to wear that horrible bow in her hair (yuck)

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know who was the first to announce the date that book 5 came out? Was it BBC or was it Scholastic or Amazon...? Do ya'll think that JKR will do a press conference about it or maybe just put it on her website and wait to see who comes and looks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Does anybody know who was the first to announce the date that book 5 came out? Was it BBC or was it Scholastic or Amazon...? Do ya'll think that JKR will do a press conference about it or maybe just put it on her website and wait to see who comes and looks?
    Maybe her website?

ReputationRep:
    I got a VirginXtras text yesterday saying that JK Rowling was asked to play Harry's mum in the films, but she declined because she can't act! What were Warner thinking? She needs to spend time writing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Maybe her website?
    yeah i think there was something on her site that said since the most faithful fans look at it they would be the first to know...........or something like that

ReputationRep:
    can some one give the link to the site again....it wont let me go unless i use that exact link

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    can some one give the link to the site again....it wont let me go unless i use that exact link
    www.jkrowling.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Maybe her website?
    Isn't that what the door is for? It will be opened when the release date of book 6 is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Isn't that what the door is for? It will be opened when the release date of book 6 is.
    No one, excepting JKR, knows what the door is really for. It is just speculation that that is what the door is for.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by moncal)
    No one, excepting JKR, knows what the door is really for. It is just speculation that that is what the door is for.
    Perhaps she will use it first to give us the title, then later update it with the publication dates etc

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.