Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    At the end of book 4 when Voldemorts going through where all the death eaters he's says that one has fled and will be killed (Karkaroff?) But what does he say about the other one, who I'm assuming to be Snape? Doesn't he just say that he'll pay?
    Just checked this out. This is what Harry's arch enemy Voldie (much prefer his nickname) has to say about who we suppose to be Karakoff and Snape:

"One, too cowardly to return...he will pay" (but does that actually mean that he'll die, I mean who could just get a severe dose of Crucio? It seems as if his offence is not as bad as Snape's in Voldie's eyes.)
    "One who I believe has left me forever...he will be killed, of course" (Could Snape have convinced him otherwise?)

ReputationRep:
    I think there's still at least one girl on the quidditch tem, I'm sure it said somewhere that Katie Bell was only a year older than Harry, but I could be very wrong.
    Yeah- I should check that out...twas Katie Bell and Alicia Spinet (the females)- can't remember which was captain but think she just left (?!)...as for the other girl being the year above- the thing is with that, is when Harry got onto the team in his first year it was like the rest of the team was already astablished and had been together doing quiditch for a while- but if the girl was only a year ahead then she would have had to have joined that year- and been a 'newbie' like Harry because she couldn't have joined the previous year- Harry was the youngest in a century...also I think Katy and Alicia are friends- same year? Hmmm...could be wrong, as I say, worthy checking!

Anyway- I mumbled a bit there but hope you get what I meant...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Heehee. As yet it's only me and you, CR3 who are having this conversation. Your question and other incidents involving Crookshanks (like Crookshanks knowing that scabbers was not a real rat and stuff) brings up the qusetion, is Crookshanks a real cat, and if not, who is he or she.
    And is Crookshanks a male or a feamle?
    I havent read on yet but, crookshanks became friends with sirius right away at hogwarts, im guessing that he told her how to open the womping willow, Sirius also had crookshanks do other errands for him.

She may turn out to be someone, but I really dont think she is, she is always around everyone in the story, if she was someone else wouldnt she be missing half the time?

I think she is just a super smart cat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Yeah- I should check that out...twas Katie Bell and Alicia Spinet (the females)- can't remember which was captain but think she just left (?!)...as for the other girl being the year above- the thing is with that, is when Harry got onto the team in his first year it was like the rest of the team was already astablished and had been together doing quiditch for a while- but if the girl was only a year ahead then she would have had to have joined that year- and been a 'newbie' like Harry because she couldn't have joined the previous year- Harry was the youngest in a century...also I think Katy and Alicia are friends- same year? Hmmm...could be wrong, as I say, worthy checking!

Anyway- I mumbled a bit there but hope you get what I meant...
    Isnt it angelina johnson?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavender)
    She she she she she she
    Think it's a he

ReputationRep:
    Isnt it angelina johnson?
    Ah yes- so three girls...but they've got to be atleast two years ahead surely...which would make them in Fred and George's year wouldn't it- or is that three ahead? No I think it's 2...hmmm...

ReputationRep:
    I think many of the weasly's will die. I get this from when mrs. weasley is fighting the boggort, and she says how she is so worried about everyone, and she has dreams about them dying. I think Fred and George's joke shop might have something to do with the order. It would be ironic for mrs. weasley to tell them they could not have one, then have it be of use to the order.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    I think many of the weasly's will die. I get this from when mrs. weasley is fighting the boggort, and she says how she is so worried about everyone, and she has dreams about them dying. I think Fred and George's joke shop might have something to do with the order. It would be ironic for mrs. weasley to tell them they could not have one, then have it be of use to the order.
    True I guess. I think that J K Rowling might have some greater use for the joke shop.
    (could Voldie laugh himself to death)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    True I guess. I think that J K Rowling might have some greater use for the joke shop.
    (could Voldie laugh himself to death)

Ooooh! or the thing worse than death! He'll be forced to live his life dressing up in funny clown costumes and going to muggle children's birthday parties where he will amuse them with his rabbit out of the hat trick that never works because his powers will have been stripped and he knows that if he stepped out of line once, he would suddenly be tickled until he almost couldn't stand it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    Ooooh! or the thing worse than death! He'll be forced to live his life dressing up in funny clown costumes and going to muggle children's birthday parties where he will amuse them with his rabbit out of the hat trick that never works because his powers will have been stripped and he knows that if he stepped out of line once, he would suddenly be tickled until he almost couldn't stand it!
    HAHAHA!..that would be the greatest ending ever..

CR

ReputationRep:
    Would be interesting if a person could be stripped of their magic...hmmm...*strokes goatie*

ReputationRep:
    I hope many of the weasleys wont die, I personally dont think they will, Maybe one but they are toooooo good of a family for such a travisty to happen.

Thats a good thought of a fate worse than death for voldemort, being stripped of his powers and becoming a muggle.........

ReputationRep:
    Thats a good thought of a fate worse than death for voldemort, being stripped of his powers and becoming a muggle.........
    and becoming a mass killer who is on drugs and lives behind a flower shop in NYC..

CR

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Harry will die, when dumbledore tells voldemort that there is a fate worth than death maybe it is that the worse thing that could happen to harry isnt dying, and in voldemort killing harry or harry sacrificing him self

yes thats it, Harry will sacrifice himself for the greater good, voldemort not knowing will kill harry in turn setting his (voldemorts) fate worth than death and Harry will be with his loved ones again. , I can see readers enjoying that ending cause they know that Harry was the Hero which we all want to see and that he is now happy, it also ends the series too.

(Original post by Xenon)
    One of the reasons why J K Rowling had to put some relationships in Harry Potter was probably because they're getting older, and when you get older, you get into relationships, successful or not. She had to put a bit of reality into the book. I hope there isn't too much of it in the story though, as Harry Potter is about more thanthat. Still think that Ron and Hermione is a likely pairing, as they are always arguing, and Ron is jealous of Krum.
    i think ron and hermione shud get it onnnn,its obvious he likes her, as he gets so worked up about Krum!

I think them 2 wud look good together aswell!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Harry will die, when dumbledore tells voldemort that there is a fate worth than death maybe it is that the worse thing that could happen to harry isnt dying, and in voldemort killing harry or harry sacrificing him self

yes thats it, Harry will sacrifice himself for the greater good, voldemort not knowing will kill harry in turn setting his (voldemorts) fate worth than death and Harry will be with his loved ones again. , I can see readers enjoying that ending cause they know that Harry was the Hero which we all want to see and that he is now happy, it also ends the series too.
    thats a good thought..and probably one of the better endings that have come up...but JKR said that no one is going to guess the ending..i just hope its good..and she doesn't rush through it..

CR

(Original post by CR3)
    and becoming a mass killer who is on drugs and lives behind a flower shop in NYC..

CR

HEY!!! I know that guy! :-D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    HEY!!! I know that guy! :-D
    Sorry, that was me. Forgot to login.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Ah yes- so three girls...but they've got to be atleast two years ahead surely...which would make them in Fred and George's year wouldn't it- or is that three ahead? No I think it's 2...hmmm...
    HA! Knew I'd read it somewhere, Page 507/8 when Ginny's just caught the snitch in her first game, she says:
    "I'll try out for Chaser. Angelina and Alicia aer both leaving next year and I prefer goal-scoring to Seeking anyway"

Sorry to bring this up again, but it was bugging me, I knew in the back of my mind I'd read it somewhere, just spent half an hour going thru book 5 trying to find it!

ReputationRep:
    HA! Knew I'd read it somewhere, Page 507/8 when Ginny's just caught the snitch in her first game, she says:
    "I'll try out for Chaser. Angelina and Alicia aer both leaving next year and I prefer goal-scoring to Seeking anyway"
    Ah right- so does that make Katy the year above? Or were the others 3 above...
    In book 5
    Harry etc are in 5th year...Fred George 7th...so Katy must be in 6th whicvh means she joined same time as Harry which doesn't seem right!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.