Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    Perhaps she will use it first to give us the title, then later update it with the publication dates etc
    The person who managed to hack into the site said that it was a desk and chair inside with a piece of paper on the desk.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Dude)
    The person who managed to hack into the site said that it was a desk and chair inside with a piece of paper on the desk.
    Yes I saw it - it was a desk with a large book (open on the desk), a desk lamp shining onto it and two pictures on the wall above the desk - one of which I think were her parents?
    The fact that it was a book on the desk suggested to me that this is the way she will pass info about Number 6!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I saw it - it was a desk with a large book (open on the desk), a desk lamp shining onto it and two pictures on the wall above the desk - one of which I think were her parents?
    The fact that it was a book on the desk suggested to me that this is the way she will pass info about Number 6!
    Were you the hacker or were you one of the lucky people who stumbled upon it after it was hacked?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by moncal)
    Were you the hacker or were you one of the lucky people who stumbled upon it after it was hacked?
    I was online on one of the other forums (mugglenet I think!) when it all suddenly started to appear and the hacker actually showed a picture in his sig which showed the door opening.
    I followed his hacking directions and got in to see it myself, but then within a few hours the website designers evidently realised what had happened and closed the link! ah well, we'll just have to wait now!

ReputationRep:
    Well, if the book was on the desk, I reckon that the title of book 6 will probably first appear on the book or something.

ReputationRep:
    I was online on one of the other forums (mugglenet I think!) when it all suddenly started to appear and the hacker actually showed a picture in his sig which showed the door opening.
    I followed his hacking directions and got in to see it myself, but then within a few hours the website designers evidently realised what had happened and closed the link! ah well, we'll just have to wait now!
    Wow, wish I could have seen it. It does sound like JK will announce the book 6 title (plus relase date) through that mystery door. It seems like a very JK thing to do. And it is the main mystery that all HP fans are waiting to find out at the moment. (apart from what actually happens in books 6 & 7 of course!)
    (Please hurry up Jo, its really tough waiting!)

ReputationRep:
    i saw the 3rd movie last night, and i really liked it! the characters has developed a lot and that was interesting to watch. i think that i have to read the third book again though, cause i didn't remember that lupin and harry talked that much, and also to read everything that the movie didn't contain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    Wow, wish I could have seen it. It does sound like JK will announce the book 6 title (plus relase date) through that mystery door. It seems like a very JK thing to do. And it is the main mystery that all HP fans are waiting to find out at the moment. (apart from what actually happens in books 6 & 7 of course!)
    (Please hurry up Jo, its really tough waiting!)
    Have we given up on what the little detail could be in CoS that plays a part in book 6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Have we given up on what the little detail could be in CoS that plays a part in book 6.
    definately house elves n mayb aunt marge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaq)
    Thats what i've (and i'm sure everyone else) has been thinking. The power that house elves pocess. Like the fact that they can apparate and disapparate out of Hogwarts at will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaq)
    Yeah, maybe harry will kill her in the next book.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, maybe harry will kill her in the next book.
    He would be in a rather large amount of trouble in that case.

ReputationRep:
    For some reason I have trouble believing that JK would kill of Harry... What would she be gaining from it? She would HAVE to keep him alive so that she can rake in more money after the books are finished...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erised)
    For some reason I have trouble believing that JK would kill of Harry... What would she be gaining from it? She would HAVE to keep him alive so that she can rake in more money after the books are finished...
    Another new harry potter person. :cool: Welcome to the Ultimate Discussion.

That is a good point. I really can't see her doing it, I mean she cried when she killed sirius!!! However, she might do it just to get rid of him. And I think that she's not really making much off all the merchandise. Didn't she sell the rights?

ReputationRep:
    Another new harry potter person. :cool: Welcome to the Ultimate Discussion.

That is a good point. I really can't see her doing it, I mean she cried when she killed sirius!!! However, she might do it just to get rid of him. And I think that she's not really making much off all the merchandise. Didn't she sell the rights?
    Why thank you!

I think she did sell the rights. :confused:
    She doesn't really seem to be putting a whole lot of effort into the books lately though... We all saw how fast she got the first three books out and now the rest are going to take forever...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erised)
    Why thank you!

I think she did sell the rights. :confused:
    She doesn't really seem to be putting a whole lot of effort into the books lately though... We all saw how fast she got the first three books out and now the rest are going to take forever...
    The fifth was nearly the size of the first 3 put together! She also had a baby since the release of book five. That means she probably didn't write for at least a month, and she has a baby to play with.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose so... I guess that I just never really thought that she was putting her TOTAL effort into having the books come out as fast as she could...

ReputationRep:
    She doesn't have any deadlines from her publishers anymore as they know her books will sell better than any other book in the universe, whenever they come out
    Long wait for us though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    She doesn't have any deadlines from her publishers anymore as they know her books will sell better than any other book in the universe, whenever they come out
    Long wait for us though
    And they are more likely to sell lots if you have to wait a long time.

ReputationRep:
    we ended up buying multiple copies of OotP as my sis and I both wanted to read it at the same time!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.