Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    since Moody knows about the cloak (see book 4) we know the rest of the order knows- he wouldn't keep that a secret- and I'm SURE Ginny knows- she's not dumb- and actually most of the school probably knows- remember what happened with Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle in book 3? the mud? so at LEAST they know-
    Not necessarally. They might have assumed it was some sort of illusion spell (or a 'splinch' even). But Snape may have told them.

I STILL have not seen the new film! I've had exams these past few weeks but after Physics on Tuesday that'll be over and done with and I'll get round to it.

Oh, and coincidently, I think today is exactly a year since I first registered.

ReputationRep:
    don't worry egan! I haven't seen it either- frustrating isn't it??

another question- where are LILYs friends from school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Not necessarally. They might have assumed it was some sort of illusion spell (or a 'splinch' even). But Snape may have told them.

I STILL have not seen the new film! I've had exams these past few weeks but after Physics on Tuesday that'll be over and done with and I'll get round to it.

Yup, it sure is. Congratulations! I'm gonna start up a thread for you on the main page. Don't worry, it's almost time for you to watch the film.

ReputationRep:
    Arrgh, no, I've started reading Harry Potter!! Got through the first two books in the last couple of days and am thirsty for more!
    Damn J. K. Rowling and her magnetic plotlines!

ReputationRep:
    GAAAAH! i had a dream last night where the new book was out and i bought it and i was so happy! and then i woke up and i was gutted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    Arrgh, no, I've started reading Harry Potter!! Got through the first two books in the last couple of days and am thirsty for more!
    Damn J. K. Rowling and her magnetic plotlines!
    You'll feel even more gutted when you come to the end of the 5th book, and realise how long you have to wait for book 6 to come out.

ReputationRep:
    When do we think the 6th book will come out? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Hopefully around this time/August next year, though obviously it would be nice to have it even sooner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Hopefully around this time/August next year, though obviously it would be nice to have it even sooner.
    Most of them have neen released around July, so it will most likey been then. July 2005.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Most of them have neen released around July, so it will most likey been then. July 2005.
    Yep. That's what I meant. For some reason I was thinking we were already in July. Not quite.

ReputationRep:
    maybe this is just cause i don't live in the UK but the first 4 books were realesed all at once if i remember it correctly or at least within a couple of months of each other. what i mean to say is that i don't think that the succes here started with the 1st one, or maybe they didn't translate only the 1st and that is why. anyway was it instant succes in the UK when the 1st book came out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)

dont feel bad i only saw it like tuesday or something....

I think the answer to the moon/dementor question is that the dementor (boggart) couldnt really hurt harry. The same thing is for Lupin, but whereas it was not the real moon, just a picture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    maybe this is just cause i don't live in the UK but the first 4 books were realesed all at once if i remember it correctly or at least within a couple of months of each other. what i mean to say is that i don't think that the succes here started with the 1st one, or maybe they didn't translate only the 1st and that is why. anyway was it instant succes in the UK when the 1st book came out?
    I know that in the u.s that the first three came out about the same time. I remember waiting for the fourth one for ages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)

*Sigh*, whenever it is, it isn't soon enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    They were released as a box set when the fourth one came out.

ReputationRep:
    I have a question.

I'm re-reading GoF and something has puzzied me. Fred & George stayed in Ron's room because Bill and Charlie are in their room, why didn't they stay in their room. The Weasley house has 5 floors so surely there is at least one spare bedroom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ganondorf)
    I've been thinking.
    Perhaps Dumbledore doesn't entirely trust Snape. Why else would Snape not have got the defence against the dark arts teaching post in book 5? Perhaps Dumbledore thinks that Snape would try and teach dark arts like Karkaroff. The ministers decree stated that the ministry will find a teacher if hogwarts can't. That's why Umbridge got in. Surely if Dumbledore truly trusted Snape he would have given him the post and prevented Umbridge taking over the school.

I think that Snape will play a large part in books 6 and 7. He will be questioning where his loyalties lie (Dumbledore or Voldemort) but in the end will remain on the 'good' side and will get the defence against the dark arts post at the end of Harrys final year. (So we won't actually find out how he does at it).
    If he'd given the dada position to snape who would he have gotten to teach potions? Maybe he just doens't want snape tempted to do anything he would regret.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    If he'd given the dada position to snape who would he have gotten to teach potions? Maybe he just doens't want snape tempted to do anything he would regret.
    Exactly, snape is extremely good at potions. Also, it may be to protect snape that he is not allowed to be seen teaching defence against dark arts if hes a double agent for dumbledore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I have a question.

I'm re-reading GoF and something has puzzied me. Fred & George stayed in Ron's room because Bill and Charlie are in their room, why didn't they stay in their room. The Weasley house has 5 floors so surely there is at least one spare bedroom.
    perc. had a room to himself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    Exactly, snape is extremely good at potions. Also, it may be to protect snape that he is not allowed to be seen teaching defence against dark arts if hes a double agent for dumbledore
    That's what I was thinking. If Snape was teaching DADA, then Voldie would surely question his loyalty, and surely Snape would be dead by now.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.