Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

There have been so many hints in JK Rowling's books to the outcome of the story, and I believe this to be as follows.

Book Seven will feature the final showdown with Voldemort and Harry; with regard to the Prophecy (see Book 5 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix') only one of these shall survive each other.

With various accompanying hints from Books 1-5, it leaves me to conclude that Harry will succeed in ridding the wizarding world of Voldemort once and for all - but Harry will die in the process, leading to an emotional 'reunion' with his parents.

If that's not right, I'm Kermit the frog...

(Original post by Egan1)
    Would be interesting if a person could be stripped of their magic...hmmm...*strokes goatie*
    To Voldemort, stripping him of his magic could be a fate worse than death. However, there could be a way of Voldemort to get back his powers. Anyways, didn't the prophecy basically say that in order to get rid of Voldie, Harry has to KILL him. But before so, maybe Dumbledore or Harry will do something to cause Voldie to feel "Gryffindor emotions".

(Original post by Unregistered)
    There have been so many hints in JK Rowling's books to the outcome of the story, and I believe this to be as follows.

Book Seven will feature the final showdown with Voldemort and Harry; with regard to the Prophecy (see Book 5 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix') only one of these shall survive each other.

With various accompanying hints from Books 1-5, it leaves me to conclude that Harry will succeed in ridding the wizarding world of Voldemort once and for all - but Harry will die in the process, leading to an emotional 'reunion' with his parents.

If that's not right, I'm Kermit the frog...
    I guess you could be right, I mean J K Rowling killed of yet another person who Harry loves. Add to it the possibility that his close friends could die, maybe J K Rowling might kill Harry off after all.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, the previous 2 posts were be me!

ReputationRep:
    I think it'll be weird if Harry dies as a teen (assuming death will reunite him with everyone)(though this would not be addressed in the books- it'd be like- he died, and lived (!- well was present) happily ever after) anyway- it'd be weird in reality because he loves his parents but he never actually knew them really...where as Sirius was actually there with him, as a father-type figure- so Sirius has had a bigger role than James...I mean it'd be a bit weird for Harry to die and just go off with his parents and suddenly treat Sirius as a family friend...hmmm...I havn't explained this how I mean it but- meh! Though of course don't actually know anything about being dead so *mumbles on*
    Also if he could just meet up with his parents/friends/whoever after death then what's to stop dead deatheaters coming after him- if you get me...it'd just be another life after death -"Death is but the next great adventure"...

As I say- havn't really explained what I mean very well...

*mutters on ambling into the distance*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    I think it'll be weird if Harry dies as a teen (assuming death will reunite him with everyone)(though this would not be addressed in the books- it'd be like- he died, and lived (!- well was present) happily ever after) anyway- it'd be weird in reality because he loves his parents but he never actually knew them really...where as Sirius was actually there with him, as a father-type figure- so Sirius has had a bigger role than James...I mean it'd be a bit weird for Harry to die and just go off with his parents and suddenly treat Sirius as a family friend...hmmm...I havn't explained this how I mean it but- meh! Though of course don't actually know anything about being dead so *mumbles on*
    Also if he could just meet up with his parents/friends/whoever after death then what's to stop dead deatheaters coming after him- if you get me...it'd just be another life after death -"Death is but the next great adventure"...

As I say- havn't really explained what I mean very well...

*mutters on ambling into the distance*
    yea thats right...i mean harry has never met his parents or "talked" in full conversation...even if he dies and is reunited i mean..its not like there together AGAIN..its almost like the first real time the unite...

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Ah right- so does that make Katy the year above? Or were the others 3 above...
    In book 5
    Harry etc are in 5th year...Fred George 7th...so Katy must be in 6th whicvh means she joined same time as Harry which doesn't seem right!
    no..maybe it was katies first year playing...do you know exactly if they were already set as a team...are you sure that harry was the only new player...i have to read into that...book 1 right? BE RIGHT BACK!!

CR

ReputationRep:
    AH, i just woke up from having the best dream EVER!! I dreamed i was at a book store and there was a harry potter display. Many people were crowded around, so i went to check it out. There was a small sign that said " Harry Potter book 6 comes out in 4 days!" They had a copy of the book out to look at, so i joined the crowd and finally got a glimpse of it. The title was " Harry Potter and the Green Torch Flame". The cover had green rubber-like flames all the way up to the title. I asked of i could pick it up and see the back and stuff, but they said no, and then i woke up.

Anyway, I think harry will sacrifice himself for 2 reasons. 1: to kill volde ( i am not sure how sacrificing himself would kill volde) 2: i think that JKR will kill many more poeple close to harry (dumbledore, lupin, ron, mr.wealsey) that he would not mind dying so he could be with them all, and his whole family who have died ( see the mirror of erised, book 1) and sirius.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    AH, i just woke up from having the best dream EVER!! I dreamed i was at a book store and there was a harry potter display. Many people were crowded around, so i went to check it out. There was a small sign that said " Harry Potter book 6 comes out in 4 days!" They had a copy of the book out to look at, so i joined the crowd and finally got a glimpse of it. The title was " Harry Potter and the Green Torch Flame". The cover had green rubber-like flames all the way up to the title. I asked of i could pick it up and see the back and stuff, but they said no, and then i woke up.

Anyway, I think harry will sacrifice himself for 2 reasons. 1: to kill volde ( i am not sure how sacrificing himself would kill volde) 2: i think that JKR will kill many more poeple close to harry (dumbledore, lupin, ron, mr.wealsey) that he would not mind dying so he could be with them all, and his whole family who have died ( see the mirror of erised, book 1) and sirius.
    that sounds like a pretty good dream to me. i wish JKR would be finished writing book 6. i wish that u were able to look at the back of the book in your dream because the pictures always have something to do with the book. it would really be something if the book cover turned out to be like you saw it in your dream. that would just be too wierd!

i agree with harry sacrificing himself for the greater good. maybe the connection that he has w/ voldie (taking harry's blood and the prophecy etc) will have something to do with harry sacrificing himself. so that harry could kill voldemort but would have to die in the process of doing it. i hope that a lot of people are going to be there watching the duel. example: the ministry and the order and some students and profesors. then everybody could see the fight of the century.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    that sounds like a pretty good dream to me. i wish JKR would be finished writing book 6. i wish that u were able to look at the back of the book in your dream because the pictures always have something to do with the book. it would really be something if the book cover turned out to be like you saw it in your dream. that would just be too wierd!

i agree with harry sacrificing himself for the greater good. maybe the connection that he has w/ voldie (taking harry's blood and the prophecy etc) will have something to do with harry sacrificing himself. so that harry could kill voldemort but would have to die in the process of doing it. i hope that a lot of people are going to be there watching the duel. example: the ministry and the order and some students and profesors. then everybody could see the fight of the century.
    about the sacrificing...wasn't the deal that harry's life would have to end in MURDER...not suicide..i mean is JKR being specific there or is she just speaking in general about death

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)

Yeah, that would be really weird!!

ReputationRep:
    I had that exact same dream, but with book 5 about 2 years ago. It was the best dream I've ever had!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    no..maybe it was katies first year playing...do you know exactly if they were already set as a team...are you sure that harry was the only new player...i have to read into that...book 1 right? BE RIGHT BACK!!

CR
    I'd assumed all the way through that all the girls were the same age, but apparently I'd assumed wrong. I guess Katie must've joined the team a few weeks before Harry and had a couple of practices with the team or something!

ReputationRep:
    Im almost finished with book 4 and just came across where it refers to crookshanks as HE and says HIS so...... I would have to say that crookshanks is a HE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    about the sacrificing...wasn't the deal that harry's life would have to end in MURDER...not suicide..i mean is JKR being specific there or is she just speaking in general about death

CR
    Harry sacrificing himself can be murder, if Voldemort thinks he is murdering him, and harry lets him doesnt make it any less a murder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavender)
    Harry sacrificing himself can be murder, if Voldemort thinks he is murdering him, and harry lets him doesnt make it any less a murder
    Good point. Any one think lupin will die trying to save harry from death eaters?

ReputationRep:
    Good point. Any one think lupin will die trying to save harry from death eaters?
    nah...lupin will have a heart attack..just kidding...possibly he might try to save harry and get killed in the process

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    nah...lupin will have a heart attack..just kidding...possibly he might try to save harry and get killed in the process

CR
    Hmmm... wonder if people in the magic world can have/die from heart attcks or car chrashs. Remember how outraged hagrid was when he found out the durlsey's have been telling harry his parents died in a car crash??

I was Just thinking about what you all said about Wormtail and being in Harry's debt. Dumbledore said that this was magic at its deepest, its most impenetrable in reply to Harry's remark that he didn't want a bond with wormtail. Perhaps the potion that Voldemort concoted won't work properly, because if you remember he said, blood of the servant, willingly given, if Wormtail has some sort of alligiance with Harry, perhaps the potion will backfire. Dumbledore knows this, remember his look of triumph. But why can't he tell Harry this, or anyone for that matter. Simple, he is scared of Voldemort finding out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    I was Just thinking about what you all said about Wormtail and being in Harry's debt. Dumbledore said that this was magic at its deepest, its most impenetrable in reply to Harry's remark that he didn't want a bond with wormtail. Perhaps the potion that Voldemort concoted won't work properly, because if you remember he said, blood of the servant, willingly given, if Wormtail has some sort of alligiance with Harry, perhaps the potion will backfire. Dumbledore knows this, remember his look of triumph. But why can't he tell Harry this, or anyone for that matter. Simple, he is scared of Voldemort finding out.
    How could the potion backfire, if it has already been working for a year??

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.