Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    Whosawhatnow?

I still think they'll make Voldie live as a muggle now powers- that would be the funniest, and the only way Harry wouldn't become a murderer- and then Voldie would be Tom Riddle, not Voldie anymore- that would count as vanquished, wouldn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    It hasn't actually been established that either of them will live or die. They may both live (not really likely in my mind), they may both die, one may die or the other might.
    voldemort and harry are connected and one time (don't remember the book) harry could feel voldemorts pain and if harry then kills voldemort can he do so without beeing hurt himself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    sorry- was going back to the first page to refresh my memory and i came across a good point I don't think we attacked-

why DIDN"T Voldie wait? At least until the kid was a TAD older to go attacking? more likely to be wandering around away from its parents- instead he attacks a couple protected by Dumbledore, who are in an elite order to stop him in order to get to a year old baby- why then? Anyone else think this is weird or am I way off base here?
    Voldemort attacked when he did because he didn't hear the whole prophecy. All he heard was that the one with the power to destoy him would be born in July to parents who had survived him three times. Voldemort didn't know that one would destoy the other. He was being a bit cocky and went after Harry straight away, thinking he'd destroy him while he was a baby and couoldn't protect himself. However, as we all know, this back-fired quite spectacularly!

ReputationRep:
    I think 18 hours is a record for no one posting.....

anyone know when the next interview is?

ReputationRep:

I wish I knew. Although I doubt 18 hours is a record it isn't really a very welcome occurance.

ReputationRep:

When the title of the new book comes out?

ReputationRep:
    Whosawhatnow?

I still think they'll make Voldie live as a muggle now powers- that would be the funniest, and the only way Harry wouldn't become a murderer- and then Voldie would be Tom Riddle, not Voldie anymore- that would count as vanquished, wouldn't it?
    Muggles can still become mass murderers. You might take away his magcal powers, but his mindset will still be the same. Voldie has to die!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know- as a muggle I would imagine he'd be pretty weak- he wouldn't have any money or power or position- in fact, I bet he'd kill himself straight off- I can't really think of any other way for Harry to get rid of him without murder- unless he sucks the magic out of him? I doubt there is much left of his body that isn't put together or held up through magic-

ReputationRep:
    sorry- was going back to the first page to refresh my memory and i came across a good point I don't think we attacked-

why DIDN"T Voldie wait? At least until the kid was a TAD older to go attacking? more likely to be wandering around away from its parents- instead he attacks a couple protected by Dumbledore, who are in an elite order to stop him in order to get to a year old baby- why then? Anyone else think this is weird or am I way off base here?
    My guess is volde just loved killing so much he couldnt wait, he wanted to take him out ASAP in case someone caught on

ReputationRep:
    I wish I knew. Although I doubt 18 hours is a record it isn't really a very welcome occurance.
    You think thats bad, try being around when there were only four of us keeping the thread alive after there had been lots of interest, everyone left, and there were only a couple of us left.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    You think thats bad, try being around when there were only four of us keeping the thread alive after there had been lots of interest, everyone left, and there were only a couple of us left.
    Yes... mea culpa! (I'm guilty) however, I have been posting lots on the geography academic threads as its crunch time for the exams... so, sorry, but I shall try to come back soon and do some proper posting.
    Mind you I had a quick flick onto mugglenet earlier and there was a thread about the new title! (Think it was a spoof, though, so don't get your hopes up)

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean out of the orginal members?

ReputationRep:
    My guess is volde just loved killing so much he couldnt wait, he wanted to take him out ASAP in case someone caught on
    I thought voldie is the type who loves to kill for no reason too. But that really doesnt explain why he said lily need not have died - what could the significance of lily possibly have been?

ReputationRep:
    Whosawhatnow?

JK has implied that voldie's fate may be something worse than death. certainly losing power for voldie may seem worse than death for him.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds kind of like the current predicament of a certain message board.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    JK has implied that voldie's fate may be something worse than death. certainly losing power for voldie may seem worse than death for him.
    Maybe that is what dumbledore meant when he told voldie that there are worse things than death.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds kind of like the current predicament of a certain message board.
    Not my fault

(Original post by Dude)
    Do you mean out of the orginal members?
    No, there was a time last year, or early this year when there were really only four posters on here at all.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe that is what dumbledore meant when he told voldie that there are worse things than death.
    That would be kind of lame wouldnt it?

ReputationRep:
    Not my fault
    I chose to blame you.

(Original post by Padfoot)
    No, there was a time last year, or early this year when there were really only four posters on here at all.
    Definitely not this year because I have been here the whole time and it has been going strong.

ReputationRep:
    I chose to blame you.
    That was nice

Definitely not this year because I have been here the whole time and it has been going strong.
    Then last year, xenon will remember

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.