Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    No, there was a time last year, or early this year when there were really only four posters on here at all.
    That must have been before i joined, cos it was going really strong when i frist posted here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    I thought voldie is the type who loves to kill for no reason too. But that really doesnt explain why he said lily need not have died - what could the significance of lily possibly have been?
    Voldy killed muggles cos it was fun for him. And he killed wizards cos they got in his way i suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Voldy killed muggles cos it was fun for him. And he killed wizards cos they got in his way i suppose.
    But Voldie did not say that James need not have died. Only that Lily need not have died. Its just really suspicious why that is the case. Theres something about Lily!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    But Voldie did not say that James need not have died. Only that Lily need not have died. Its just really suspicious why that is the case. Theres something about Lily!

ofcourse Lily didnt have to die. she wouldnt have if she didnt bother trying to save Harry. So what do you think the 'something' is about Lily?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    ofcourse Lily didnt have to die. she wouldnt have if she didnt bother trying to save Harry. So what do you think the 'something' is about Lily?
    JK did say that we would learn something new about Lilly in the next book and it isn't anything like "Lilly was a former Death Eater".

ReputationRep:
    Newsround has posted a story on the title of the sixth book. We not sure if it is true or not though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/uk...00/3842581.stm

ReputationRep:
    1st July 2004

Erm… it is perhaps time for me to reveal
    the title of Book 6! I am nearing completion of the
    first draft and have definitely decided upon a
    title. I had numerous possibilities in mind, but
    as I wrote, I realized that only one did the book
    justice.

The more clever Potter fans may recognize that
    the title relates directly to both 'Order of the
    Phoenix' and 'Chamber of Secrets.' I will be
    highly amused if one of you can guess exactly
    what's going on!

On a side note, the length of the book is
    growing so fast, I could swear Filius has put an
    Engorgement Charm on it; an editor's nightmare!
    I promised myself not to exceed the length of
    'Order of the Phoenix,' but every day that passes
    makes that undertaking more difficult.
    Incidentally, I have much more work ahead.

Alas, the time has come! Here is the reward for
    you lot that so diligently figured out all the puzzles
    on the site. If you scroll down to the bottom of
    this page, I will reveal to you the title of Book 6!

The title of Book 6 is:
    Harry Potter and the Pillar of Storgé

Looks pretty convincing! An intresting fact is that Storgé is greek for 'Parental Love' and we all know how JK uses historical ideas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dychey)
    1st July 2004

justice.

what's going on!

The title of Book 6 is:

Looks pretty convincing! An intresting fact is that Storgé is greek for 'Parental Love' and we all know how JK uses historical ideas
    Hmmm, that sounds quite believable. Its in the same style as the other announcements and we'd expect the site to be updated on 1st July to update Wizard of the Month and Fansite of the Month. Guess we'll have to keep checking up on the Newsround website and JKR's site for a formal confirmation/denial, and 1st July is only Thursady so we don't have ages to wait.

My only other comment would be it might have been more fitting to leave it a month and announce the title on 31st July (Harry's birthday)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Hmmm, that sounds quite believable. Its in the same style as the other announcements and we'd expect the site to be updated on 1st July to update Wizard of the Month and Fansite of the Month. Guess we'll have to keep checking up on the Newsround website and JKR's site for a formal confirmation/denial, and 1st July is only Thursady so we don't have ages to wait.

My only other comment would be it might have been more fitting to leave it a month and announce the title on 31st July (Harry's birthday)
    Yeah, reading that, it does sound pretty convincing. Has the locked door on her site opened yet?

ReputationRep:
    It says how the the title links with OotF and CoS and how clever potter fans will guess the link? Any ideas what it could be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    That was nice

Then last year, xenon will remember
    I remember it like it was yesterday! That was a pretty tough time. This was before any, many members, inc Dude, Sire...There was me, siriusfan, Egan1, CR3 and ditzy (sorry!). Then Ollie came and changed the title, and soon after, the number of posters slowly increased, and now look at the number. This all happened at the grand old age of page 29(it seemed a lot at the time)
    http://www.uk-learning.net/t23812-29.html

But the future of the thread sure was bleak at the time, with the 4 of us struggling to keep the thread at the top of the page (when there was just 1 main forum)
    Man, you could make a whole history of this thread, what with the lack of members, the change of title, more members, the thread being closed twice, and now the very many members on this thread. About 98 members have post 5 times or more.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It says how the the title links with OotF and CoS and how clever potter fans will guess the link? Any ideas what it could be?
    How about the Pillars in the Chamber of Secrets - out of one of these came Fawkes in the final battles with the basilisk.
    The Pillar could therefore be the "little" thing JKR was talking about!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    How about the Pillars in the Chamber of Secrets - out of one of these came Fawkes in the final battles with the basilisk.
    The Pillar could therefore be the "little" thing JKR was talking about!
    Yea, it has to be! when fawkes comes into the chamber to help Harry, 'flames erupted at the top of the nearest pillar'

ReputationRep:
    Yea, it has to be! when fawkes comes into the chamber to help Harry, 'flames erupted at the top of the nearest pillar'
    Oh, does that mean that the chamber will still be used? Or is there another pillar?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The chamber has 12 pillars I think - is there any significance about the 12?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    The chamber has 12 pillars I think - is there any significance about the 12?
    mugglenet.com has a whole section on the number of times the No 12 is used. The only one's i can remember at the moment is that it was midnight when Herimonie and Harry used the Time Turner to save Buckbeak and Sirius and that Dumbledores watch has 12 planets around it.

ReputationRep:
    1st July 2004

justice.

what's going on!

The title of Book 6 is:

As people have said, this does sound convising. But we will have to wait i suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I remember it like it was yesterday! That was a pretty tough time. This was before any, many members, inc Dude, Sire...There was me, siriusfan, Egan1 and CR3. Then Ollie came and changed the title, and soon after, the number of posters slowly increased, and now look at the number. This all happened at the grand old age of page 29(it seemed a lot at the time)
    http://www.uk-learning.net/t23812-29.html

But the future of the thread sure was bleak at the time, with the 4 of us struggling to keep the thread at the top of the page (when there was just 1 main forum)
    Man, you could make a whole history of this thread, what with the lack of members, the change of title, more members, the thread being closed twice, and now the very many members on this thread. About 98 members have post 5 times or more.
    Maybe we should ask Ollie to add this into the UKL history on the FAQ.

ReputationRep:
    Its really interesting that there may be an important pillar in the chamber of secrets. Reminds me of JK's comment that there is one room in Hogwarts that Harry has been in but does not realise its significance. This now quite strongly points to that room being the chamber of secrets!

ReputationRep:
    I've just read an ineresting cooment by someone that the special thing about Lily may have been her ability to love a person who noone else could. Thats what was so special about Lily, and love I guess is the most powerful magic of all. That may be JK's big message about the Harry Potter saga. Guess the beatles had it right (all u need is love...)

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.