Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    Perhaps there are 3 other Chambers elsewhere in Hogwarts?
    It is called the chamber of secrets, so there has to be more than one secret!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Dychey)
    It is called the chamber of secrets, so there has to be more than one secret!
    Perhaps this Chamber is linked with others?

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps this Chamber is linked with others?
    Its all just speculation at the minute though. Just been on the Newsround site and apparently if you look closely at the video there are a few things that aren't quite right (only one I can remember is the American style punctuation, there was something about the layout of the site as well) All I can say is roll on Thursday to see if any announcements are made!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Its all just speculation at the minute though. Just been on the Newsround site and apparently if you look closely at the video there are a few things that aren't quite right (only one I can remember is the American style punctuation, there was something about the layout of the site as well) All I can say is roll on Thursday to see if any announcements are made!
    I confess the style didn't quite sit right with me, either. JKR is a linguist and the phrasing of the text (as it was quoted) was just a bit too vaguely casual and not as particular in the choice of words... but I still think its a nice idea (even though it might be a hoax) and its got people thinking along some different lines to before.

ReputationRep:
    I confess the style didn't quite sit right with me, either. JKR is a linguist and the phrasing of the text (as it was quoted) was just a bit too vaguely casual and not as particular in the choice of words... but I still think its a nice idea (even though it might be a hoax) and its got people thinking along some different lines to before.
    And I've just spotted another American-ism. Realized (or realizing). JKR is British and I would have thought she wouls have used the British spelling (with an s not a z)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    And I've just spotted another American-ism. Realized (or realizing). JKR is British and I would have thought she wouls have used the British spelling (with an s not a z)
    Yes I agree. Also the "you lot" jars, sounds as though someone is aping the carefully contrived casual style which she has mastered!

ReputationRep:
    I still hope JK updates her site soon! Maybe she will be updating it begining of July, even if that message is a hoax. I am definitely convinced there is something of significance in the chamber of secrets.

The other thing I read was the speculation that the colour of Harry's eyes is not important just the fact that he has Lily's eyes. It is mentioned that Lily was able to see the good in people which they themselves could not see. Maybe thats what is meant, maybe Harry's compassion like his mother is whats important.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps there are 3 other Chambers elsewhere in Hogwarts?
    When Prof Binns/ Prof Mcgon in the movies) explains what the Chamber of Secrets is, she says that Slytherin built a secret chamber that the rest of the school knew nothing about. Meaning that it is the only one there.

ReputationRep:
    Of course she will use British spelling. I dount that she would go through the trouble of changing most words to American spelling for the American copy. The only main difference between the two is that the American version gets pictures (and it's not just with Harry Potter where that happens).

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished reading all 5 in a row (I hadn't read the 5th) and...wow. Although her writing is average, these books have kept me entranced much more than any of these supposed 'classics'.

I think the 6th book title has been nearly shown to be false (mugglenets) post on it! I don't think she would use such an obscure word for her reading auidence.

ReputationRep:
    ok- I have serious doubts about that "reveal"- for one thing- people seem to forget that the site is a COMPUTER PROGRAM- not a room- you can't "break in" to that door- she most likely just programmed the door- why would she program another room with the answers in it is she didn't want people to see it yet? JKR isn't that dumb- if she's going to reveal something July 1st, she'll program it in the night before- not set up some sort of complicated program that has the answers but only makes them available on a certain date, leaving it open for hackers- if she's bright enough to make that whole site with all its twists and secrets, she's bright enough for THAT- now if someone stole the note from her letter to her programmers, I'd believe that a bit more-

as for the title- I don't like it- has an awful sound to it- Storges? all the other titles were so...romantic sounding if you catch me- Storges isn't a word that really flows-

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have CoS on them? Can they look up that pillars reference? I don't remember that at all- I thought the pillars were just decoration- although I DID think it off that they showed Harry going behind them- even in the DVD game- almost like there was more down there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Does anyone have CoS on them? Can they look up that pillars reference? I don't remember that at all- I thought the pillars were just decoration- although I DID think it off that they showed Harry going behind them- even in the DVD game- almost like there was more down there...
    Do you reckon that the chamber will still be used again? There's still the possibility of big announcement on Harry's b'day.

ReputationRep:
    JK has updated her rumours section....she totally destroys the idea of the 'Pillar of Storgé' and adds another title that may have well been used!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Dychey)
    JK has updated her rumours section....she totally destroys the idea of the 'Pillar of Storgé' and adds another title that may have well been used!
    Ah well... it passed a happy hour anyway! Got us re-reading the books though didn't it?!

ReputationRep:
    It certainly did get us rereading the books! The pillars on the CoS did not appear to be important as they werent described beyond the fact that there were pillars present. I am still convinced that the CoS is the important room that JK was refering to.

ReputationRep:
    I was just thinking, where would the final battle between Harry and Voldie take place? If Hogwarts is attacked, it may take place in the CoS. The other place it could occur is the place where it all started...Godric's Hollow
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by parvati)
    I was just thinking, where would the final battle between Harry and Voldie take place? If Hogwarts is attacked, it may take place in the CoS. The other place it could occur is the place where it all started...Godric's Hollow
    ... and hopefully the opening chapters of Book 6 will tell us a bit more about Godric's Hollow!

ReputationRep:
    I don't care if its opening chapters or not as long as its in there somewhere!

SO glad she dismissed the "Storge" theory- guess she really does check mugglenet alot- hmm-- maybe we should post some of our theories on there

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure Harry will die eventually (of old age, perhaps?). I'm not sure if it'll happen at the end of the 7th book, though. No matter what, at the end of the series, Voldemort's going down. Because what kind of ending would it be if he lives? "And everyone died except for the Death Eaters and Voldemort. THE END."

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.