The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8920
Brooklyn
I think the "Half Blood Prince" is kind of a crappy title- I doubt it will stick- it isn't romantic sounding at all- I bet she'll change it- besides- they don't have kings- no princes

Well she has said in the news section that this is the title that will stick.
Reply 8921
Brooklyn
yes but on the site she NOW says JAMES hsould have come out first- the first version was right the first time- and editor thought it was wrong and corrected it- so this means James died AFTER Lily- (see site)- maybe he was only injured downstairs? or stunned? then killed after? It would explain the "missing day"- more mysteries at Godric's Hollow-

she's actually updated a bunch of things- everyone check it out! :biggrin:

she's answered some more FAQ, but not the one we voted one of course- although I did think her answer about Ginny was interesting :smile:

What thing was that mate. I looked in the FAQ and couldn't find anything on Ginny (apart from the question that she won't answer).
Reply 8922
Yup, the half-blood prince is definitely not Harry or Voldie, as apparantly J K Rowling said it was not. I also reckon that it could be Neville. I never expected him to be a prince, but J K did say that he'd be playing a bigger role in the next few books. What could he be the prince of though? I never thought of the wizarding world having royalty!
Reply 8923
Wait, is Neville eve half-blood?
Xenon

we don't know- we know one of his grandmothers is a witch, but his other grandparents might not be. i don't think we even know whether his grandmother is maternal or paternal.

what's the brick thing *really hasn't looked at this thread for like 6 months*

lou xxx
Reply 8925
lou p
we don't know- we know one of his grandmothers is a witch, but his other grandparents might not be. i don't think we even know whether his grandmother is maternal or paternal.

what's the brick thing *really hasn't looked at this thread for like 6 months*

lou xxx

On J K's website there is a previously unopened door (apart from when it was hacked into). Now the door opens to reveal a brick wall and a wire. Some of the bricls when clicked on are pushed inside. If you click on he correct sequence of bricks, the door opens, and inside is the title. I wrote down all the possible sequences, but if you don't want to do all that, I have the correct sequece if ayone wants it.
Xenon
On J K's website there is a previously unopened door (apart from when it was hacked into). Now the door opens to reveal a brick wall and a wire. Some of the bricls when clicked on are pushed inside. If you click on he correct sequence of bricks, the door opens, and inside is the title. I wrote down all the possible sequences, but if you don't want to do all that, I have the correct sequece if ayone wants it.

ah right, i might pm you sometime over the summer if i don't manage it (will not even attempt it til after my holiday)

lou xxx
Reply 8927
So, who could be the possibilities of being the half-blood prince? One person on the mugglenet website suggested Dudley. I'm still not sure whether Neville is half-blood. But maybe it's a minor character. Also, thinking back to the small thing in COS which would be important. Are there any indications of who would be half-blood and be important? I was thinking back to the time when they were talking about who was not wizarding-born, ad wasit Dean or Seamus or something who said that they weren't, and then later regretted it thinking that Harry ight come after him, cos he knew? Could he be the prince?
Xenon
So, who could be the possibilities of being the half-blood prince? One person on the mugglenet website suggested Dudley. I'm still not sure whether Neville is half-blood. But maybe it's a minor character. Also, thinking back to the small thing in COS which would be important. Are there any indications of who would be half-blood and be important? I was thinking back to the time when they were talking about who was not wizarding-born, ad wasit Dean or Seamus or something who said that they weren't, and then later regretted it thinking that Harry ight come after him, cos he knew? Could he be the prince?

What about Lupin?
Reply 8929
Xenon

I really think it may be salazar slytherin. That can be the only person JK could have given more details about in CoS. Also because he built the CoS which now seems much more significant. Also, I think the history of Hogwarts wil play a bigger role.
Reply 8930
My sister just came and told me about the new title. Sounds interesting *needs to read up properly about it*.

Is there any mention of the predicted finish date with the release?

Gah! One more proper exam and I'll catch up on the last 50 pages! :P Yosh!

Who is the half-blood prince though...? Surely if that was going to be the title for CoS then it would make sense for it to be Voldie but (I've been told) it isn't Voldie or Harry- and surely it wouldn't make sense for it to be someone new if it was going to be the title of CoS?!

As I say, need to read up on everyone's comments and the thing itself!
Xenon
Yeah, I finally figured it out. It took ages of writing down all of the possible sequences, and then trying them all out. If you want the sequence, just PM me.
I thought that the title might be more different. It isn't what I expected. J K said that some people thought that the title might have been a hoax, but that it wasn't, I think.
Maybe we'll find out more about Tom Riddle (Voldie's) past in the next book, or maybe more about the heirs.

Yeah I think it will be the latter, as I think book 6 is going to be as much a background and clarfication of key points aswell as a story to prepare us for the final 7th book.
Reply 8932
How far back does the 'half-blood' thing work? Neville definately has wizard/witch parentage, and his father's family are magical but we don't know about the other side. If they are alive, it doesn't seem they involve themselves much with Neville. *shrug*

But, if it was a title for CoS it wouldn't make sense for it to be Neville.
Reply 8933
maybe she means it isn't Voldemort the way Dobby said it wasn't Voldemort in CoS- its Tom Riddle? Other than that- Seamus I think is the only one we know fits the description of "Half blood"- Neville's grandmother is on his father's side- they call her Mrs. Longbottom- no clue where his other grandparents are-
Reply 8934
Brooklyn
maybe she means it isn't Voldemort the way Dobby said it wasn't Voldemort in CoS- its Tom Riddle? Other than that- Seamus I think is the only one we know fits the description of "Half blood"- Neville's grandmother is on his father's side- they call her Mrs. Longbottom- no clue where his other grandparents are-

I think the title is absolutely rubbish, its gonna scare the little ones quite abit don't you think
Babygal
I think the title is absolutely rubbish, its gonna scare the little ones quite abit don't you think

hmm, maybe. i think it's funny that my bfs nephew isn't allowed to see the 3rd film (cos it's too scary for him- he's 5)

lou xxx
Egan1
How far back does the 'half-blood' thing work? Neville definately has wizard/witch parentage, and his father's family are magical but we don't know about the other side. If they are alive, it doesn't seem they involve themselves much with Neville. *shrug*

But, if it was a title for CoS it wouldn't make sense for it to be Neville.

Of course it would work for CoS, it just would be relevant to Voldemort in that case. Now however, it isn't.
Reply 8937
no no- the information that made it relevant to ANYONE in CoS was taken out and will be in book 6- she said that on the site- it wouldn't be relevant to Voldemort- :smile:

Hey they put Lexicon on as a site award- I still think we should try to get "The Ultimate Discussion" on :smile:
Reply 8938
Brooklyn
no no- the information that made it relevant to ANYONE in CoS was taken out and will be in book 6- she said that on the site- it wouldn't be relevant to Voldemort- :smile:

Hey they put Lexicon on as a site award- I still think we should try to get "The Ultimate Discussion" on :smile:

Do you think J K reads this discussion? She reads other sites which are soley Harry Potter sites, but this is part of an overall forum. Though if she did put this site on, then it would benefit people work-wise too.
Reply 8939
Xenon

Nope. It can't be Neville cos he is defo for Pure Blood. We find out in CoS about Squibs (pure bloods that can't do magic) and Neville says that he is almost a Squib. And Dumbledore metions it when he is telling Harry about the prophecy. "And notice this Harry: he chose not the pure-blood (which according to his creed, is the only kind of wizard worthi being or knowing) but a half blood, like himself.

So Neville is therefore, Prue Blood.

Latest

Trending

Trending