Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruenna)
    What do you have against Neville??? :confused:
    Neville's my favourite character

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruenna)
    What do you have against Neville??? :confused:
    Nothing, but I just don't see Neville being an heir. Harry, Ron and Hermione would make more sense of being the heir. I just think that Neville has a more personal role to fulfill (killing Bellatrix). I dunno, we've been given all this stuff about Harry pulling out the gryffindor sword... that I'd be disappointed if someone else (well not so much if it was dumbledore) was the gryffindor heir. Plus, wouldn't the heir be really powerful as well? That, for me leaves Dumbledore or Harry.
    Neville is improving as a wizard, and will definitely play a bigger role, but I would be delighted for him if he would go and defeat Bellatrix. Neville's a brilliant character in showing his development into a better wizard and showing much more character.

ReputationRep:
    In CoS, when harry goes into tom's memory, there was no fawks in the headmaster's office. Which means Dumbledore brought Fawks with him. And if Fawks originally belonged to Gryffindor, then dumbledore must be gryffindore's heir!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    ug- read back a hundred or so pages- we went nuts on the whole "heir" thing for quite awhile- I still think its a bit cheesy, but then again, I hate the title "Half-Blood Prince"- sounds dumb to me- very disgruntled...

I did read a rumor that 1) the book is slated for released Nov 2005 (with the next movie) but 2) she's probably going to release it sooner, possibly in a suprise move late this fall or early winter (would be great for the Christmas season)- of course I also heard they might suddenly move up the movie release if they finish filming early- somehow they want to release movie 4 around the time of book 6, then release movie 5 and be filming 6 when 7 is released- get them closer together- of course that leaves us with a long space before book 7- have a bad feeling Nov 05 is the correct one in the first place for book 6....
    Please please let it be this christmas! Does anyone remember when the title for OotP was relased in relation to the release of the book?

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't 3 years (not sure where you got that)- it was about a year- she released in during an interview on the Today show- a kid asked her very politely and she said she just couldn't refuse (I'm sure she'd planned to say it anyway) - but it was right before the movie for that year came out-

I still think the Half Blood Prince is someone we haven't met- the title ALWAYS refers to something new in the books- CoS- we'd never heard of it - PoA, we'd never met him- GoF and OotP, both brand new- so I'm guessing the HBP is new as well- and I miss the prepositions as well

It does seem odd to suddenly have royalty- but one of the hints was that the muggles are noticing more odd goings on- you don't think she would claim one of the UK's princes is a half blood?

ReputationRep:
    Ooo, lots to talk about, Half Blood Prince, I think it might be a grower, we'll be a lot more convinced about the title by the time the book comes out I hope. Wonder if its possible to sign up to Amazon for instant email alerts like you could for OotP.

I think we might need to think a bit more laterally with the Prince thing. We've had no indication that theres a wizarding royal family as such, so I'm thinking maybe a prince-among-men type thing. And it may not be a known character (like the Prisoner of Azkaban), although as my friend pointed out, it might be a bit late in the day to start introducing loads of new characters.

It also sounds like JKR is considering writing Hogwarts, A History for charity. She said she might do an encyclopedia, which basically amounts to the History

Can anyone tell me the brick sequence, pm me, its driving me crazy!

EDIT: Just read Brooklyns post, so I'm kinda reiterating. I don't think she'd suggest that either William or Harry were Half-Blood, think it might cause a bit of trouble

ReputationRep:
    Just to give Xenon a bit of piece of mind, the heir of Gryffindor is defo NOT Neville. If you remember that the Sorting Hat took a long time to decide which house he belonged to. If he was the Heir of Gryffindor, then he would be put in there straight away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I think we might need to think a bit more laterally with the Prince thing. We've had no indication that theres a wizarding royal family as such, so I'm thinking maybe a prince-among-men type thing. And it may not be a known character (like the Prisoner of Azkaban), although as my friend pointed out, it might be a bit late in the day to start introducing loads of new characters.
    Oh i don't know. Remember that she introduced about 10 new characters in the first few chapters of OoP. But i think you are right about the prince among men thing. Remember that when we first heard Order of Phoneix, we were conivenced that Fawkes had something to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    that's true- we still haven't REALLY found out why it was named OotP in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Having re-read bits of CoS trying to find clues, Tom says to Harry that he was trying to finish "Salazar Slytherin's noble work". I'm guessing that work would have been to remove the half-bloods from hogwarts. Tom must have found some details out about slytherin and there may be a battle between slytherin house and the other houses.

ReputationRep:
    It would be funny if Prince Harry turned out to be a wizard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Just to give Xenon a bit of piece of mind, the heir of Gryffindor is defo NOT Neville. If you remember that the Sorting Hat took a long time to decide which house he belonged to. If he was the Heir of Gryffindor, then he would be put in there straight away.
    Thank you. I forgot about that.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking, and it came totally out of the blue. What do you guys think of Mark Evans being the half-blooded prince? I mean we haven't properly met him, so he would be a new character, and he might be half-blooded. So what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    Having re-read bits of CoS trying to find clues, Tom says to Harry that he was trying to finish "Salazar Slytherin's noble work". I'm guessing that work would have been to remove the half-bloods from hogwarts. Tom must have found some details out about slytherin and there may be a battle between slytherin house and the other houses.
    He wanted to get rid of all the Muggle borns as he felt that they had no right to learn magic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    Hmmm, I wonder how Riddle found out so much about Slytherin, it seems like alot of the story was surrounded by mystery.

I think I'd quite like the Prince to be a new character, I think I'd probably be a bit disappointed by which ever of the existing characters it turned out to be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I was thinking, and it came totally out of the blue. What do you guys think of Mark Evans being the half-blooded prince? I mean we haven't properly met him, so he would be a new character, and he might be half-blooded. So what do you think?
    Ooo. good thinking Batman (like my reference to your old avatar?!)
    It would kind of link it all up nicely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Maybe. I know that JK wouldn't make a mistake at this level, but why do people keep coming back to Mark Evens. If Harry had other relatives besides the Dursleys, don't you think Dumbledore would have taken him there instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Maybe. I know that JK wouldn't make a mistake at this level, but why do people keep coming back to Mark Evens. If Harry had other relatives besides the Dursleys, don't you think Dumbledore would have taken him there instead.
    I'm just thinking that we all know that JK wouldn't put names in there for no reason, so why can't Mark Evans be the half-blooded prince? that way we can find out exactly who the kid is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    that may be why shes not yet answering the question about MArk evans on her site!

But I've just had a thought, if CoS was originally going to be called HBP, then there must be a character from there that is the HBP. Thats why I originally thought Slytherin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I'm just thinking that we all know that JK wouldn't put names in there for no reason, so why can't Mark Evans be the half-blooded prince? that way we can find out exactly who the kid is.
    Fair point, we should keep voting for Mark Evens on her poll so we can find out about him once and for all.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.