The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** Watch

This discussion is closed.
lavender
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
Just finished re-reading four, wow, definately my favorite!!!

I thought I had remembered something about volde beating the death curse and realized why....

In four it says that Voldemort had spent years taking potions and what not to become imortal, there wasnt enough mortal left in him for the death curse to kill him entirely when he attacked harry as a baby.

Then I also realized when Fudge (the stupid freakin idiot) takes a demontor with him to see crouch and the demontor kisses crouch they state that crouch has now happened to him what is "Worse Than Death"

It also states that Voldemort was not able to return to his old immortal self but he had to settle with becoming MORTAL, maybe this is why dumbledore has the look of satisfaction in his eye when harry was telling him about the blood thing, even thought volde has defended himself with harry's blood which dumbledore also states in four, volde is mortal and more than likely it would take him years again to get to a state of immortality.
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Not really on the current topics at all but I think I've just noticed a mistake.

Been reading book 2 and Percy (when he's a prefect) takes 5 points from Griffindor from Ron and Harry. But in book 5 we're told that prefects don't have the power to take points. Anyone else noticed this, or any other possible mistakes?
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by loftx)
Not really on the current topics at all but I think I've just noticed a mistake.

Been reading book 2 and Percy (when he's a prefect) takes 5 points from Griffindor from Ron and Harry. But in book 5 we're told that prefects don't have the power to take points. Anyone else noticed this, or any other possible mistakes?
I thought that too, but thought about it last week when my computer was broken and forgot about it!

I think there might be a few other mistakes, I've been re-reading all the books carefully after reading book 5, and there are quite a few things which don't erally add up, James was Headboy but not a prefect for one, I'm sure I spotted a couple more but I can't remember any more right now, how annoying!
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
"Harry saw something silvery dart out of it (Dumbledore's wand) and streak away through the trees like a ghostly bird" (book 4 after Harry finds mad Crouch and gets Dumbledore and they find Krum stunned)

Is Dumbledore's patronus a phoenix?
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
I thought that too, but thought about it last week when my computer was broken and forgot about it!

I think there might be a few other mistakes, I've been re-reading all the books carefully after reading book 5, and there are quite a few things which don't erally add up, James was Headboy but not a prefect for one, I'm sure I spotted a couple more but I can't remember any more right now, how annoying!
I think, (though not totally sure) one other mistake is that in book 4 people apperate and disapperate with a small pop noise but in book 5 they make a crack noise - though i may be wrong here.
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by loftx)

Was that when Percy was a prefect or head boy?
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by loftx)
I think, (though not totally sure) one other mistake is that in book 4 people apperate and disapperate with a small pop noise but in book 5 they make a crack noise - though i may be wrong here.
Different people have different styles?
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Was that when Percy was a prefect or head boy?
Prefect, he wasn't headboy until book 3
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
Different people have different styles?
Possible, I'd guess people like the Weasley twins and Mundungus were loud people so might make louder noises
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Did it say what Ron's patronus was in book 5? I remember Hermione's being an otter but I can't think what Ron's was.
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Did it say what Ron's patronus was in book 5? I remember Hermione's being an otter but I can't think what Ron's was.
Spider? Perhaps not...I really need to reread...hmmm...wonder where they are *searches for copy of book 5*...
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I don't think it said, but i could be wrong. As to the james being headboy but not prefect, i heard in an interview that she siad you don't have to be a prefect to become headboy.... I wonder what james did so that all of a sudden he was made headboy, i mean it seems logical that a prefect would be headboy like percy. Hey, this means harry can still be head boy!
I went and re-read that patronus part, here is a list of the poeple mentioned:
Cho: Swan
Lavender: wisps of smoke
Neville: wisps of smoke
Seamus: Something harry, spider?
Hermoine: otter
Ron is not mentioned
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SiriusFan)
Cho: Swan
Hmmm...having read the name meaning thingymagiggy I might have thought Cho'd be a butterfly...but suppose it doesn't really have to be name-related...
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I wonder what special powers Dumbledore has. I maen like secret weapons or something, you know to make him the best wizard. Either that or Dumbledore is one heck of a dueller. I wonder if he is an animagus, or something.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
I wonder what special powers Dumbledore has. I maen like secret weapons or something, you know to make him the best wizard. Either that or Dumbledore is one heck of a dueller. I wonder if he is an animagus, or something.
Oh man, I forgot to sign in AGAIN. Sorry, the last post was by me!
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Dumbledore taught trasfiguration before he was head at Hogwarts so being an animagus is quite likely, it has been used a lot already though.
CR3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by loftx)
Dumbledore taught trasfiguration before he was head at Hogwarts so being an animagus is quite likely, it has been used a lot already though.
yes..but the question is...what animal is he...probably not a pheonix because they are too rare...

CR
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by CR3)
yes..but the question is...what animal is he...probably not a pheonix because they are too rare...

CR
But, Dumbledore DOES have a phoenix. So for him, it's not as rare.
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by CR3)

CR
Dumbledore is old english for bumblebee so maybe that?
lavender
Report 15 years ago
Is it possible that Aunt Petunia did have some powers? Does it absolutely say that lily had powers and not petunia? I know it says that Petunia was all pissy when she talked about lily getting the letter to go to hogwarts and that petunia felt lily wasnt special but just a freak.

I just find it odd that only one sibling would have the powers, look at the creevy brothers, they both have powers and their parents are muggles.

What if Petunia did have powers and went to Hogwarts for a short time and something really bad happened, or maybe she was just an outcast and Lily wasnt when she went, so Petunia quit and wanted nothing to do with magic or the magical world. In the beginning of book five, she did seem to understand what demonters were, and it also seemed that she had a little more of history with dumbledore then just harry being left on the doorstep.

And of course she isnt going to let on now, exspecially since her husband is sooooo against it.

Just a thought.........
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (586)
80.27%
Leave (144)
19.73%

Watched Threads