Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    that may be why shes not yet answering the question about MArk evans on her site!

But I've just had a thought, if CoS was originally going to be called HBP, then there must be a character from there that is the HBP. Thats why I originally thought Slytherin
    Oh yeah, damn, you've just ruin a really good theory. Gutted!

ReputationRep:
    that may be why shes not yet answering the question about MArk evans on her site!

But I've just had a thought, if CoS was originally going to be called HBP, then there must be a character from there that is the HBP. Thats why I originally thought Slytherin
    What about Colin Creevy. Both him and his brother are at Hogwarts. We know that their father is a milkman, what about his mother?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    What about Colin Creevy. Both him and his brother are at Hogwarts. We know that their father is a milkman, what about his mother?
    But then both colin and his brother must be HBPs, unless they have different mothers

ReputationRep:
    But then both colin and his brother must be HBPs, unless they have different mothers
    Fair point. And he didn't know about Harry when he came so that rules him out.

ReputationRep:
    There must be a character from CoS who is the HBP, who does everyone think it might be?

As the story was mainly about Tom and Slytherin's chamber, I think it could be either of them. (JK says its not Voldy, but does she also mean its not Tom?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    We also know that they're muggleborn since Colin was attacked in CoS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    We also know that they're muggleborn since Colin was attacked in CoS
    Are there any other new characters introduced in CoS then. It can't be Lockhart as he is in St Mungo's

Only just noticed as well. I've got the 9,000th post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Are there any other new characters introduced in CoS then. It can't be Lockhart as he is in St Mungo's

Only just noticed as well. I've got the 9,000th post.
    If HBP was to be a title for CoS then I don't think it would refer to a minor character. It means that the book's central storyline was about that person. What does everyone think?

PS did I get the 9000th post?

ReputationRep:
    If HBP was to be a title for CoS then I don't think it would refer to a minor character. It means that the book's central storyline was about that person. What does everyone think?

Yeah, you sure are the 9000th post! Dude just missed out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Yeah, you sure are the 9000th post! Dude just missed out!
    Really, oh well. I'm not taht bothered really if it's true. I hold the 5000th post title. But who will make the lucky 10,000th post.

Also everyone (at least everyone in the UK), we have 2 hours and 50 mins till our ANIVERSARY.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Yeah, you sure are the 9000th post!

Wonder who'll get the 10000th!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Really, oh well. I'm not taht bothered really if it's true. I hold the 5000th post title. But who will make the lucky 10,000th post.

Also everyone (at least everyone in the UK), we have 2 hours and 50 mins till our ANIVERSARY.
    9000 posts in a year thats cool (though I only joined a few months ago!)

ReputationRep:
    9000 posts in a year thats cool (though I only joined a few months ago!)
    It's been increasing over the last few months so we will be at 10,000 before you know it (also that fact that we have finished School/College/Uni now so we will be spending all our time here).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    It's been increasing over the last few months so we will be at 10,000 before you know it (also that fact that we have finished School/College/Uni now so we will be spending all our time here).
    Plus so much to talk about after a bit of a dry spell. Specially if JK keeps revealing bits of book 6 info on her website as promised.

ReputationRep:
    Plus so much to talk about after a bit of a dry spell. Specially if JK keeps revealing bits of book 6 info on her website as promised.
    Now that she has revilied the title of the book, the release date can't be dar off. I remember when i got the title of PoA (i was one of the frist cos my Dad's best mate works in a bookstore so he got it for me early) and the release date was something like 6 months later.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

I'm getting more convinced it's Tom Riddle...not only does the half blood fit, but we know nothing of his mother and Dobby was quite clear that "He" was not "He who could not be named" - remember the confusion that surrounded that for Harry? JKR saying that its not Voldemort suggests that she is talking like Dobby!

ReputationRep:
    honestly, I think it's either Tom Riddle or the Mark Evans thing or someone brand new- that was a really smart idea Xenon!! It would entirely explain why she answered new questions instead of the one we voted for-

anyway, she said when that was going to be the title that there was a whole other pack of information in the book, but when she changed the title she removed it and knew it would go in book 6- so there doesn't neccessarily have to be anyone who was mentioned in book 2

the Dobby thing DOES make me think its Tom Riddle- he referred to him in just that way- saying he who must not be named could be freely named, so he wasn't Voldemort-

ReputationRep:
    I bet we could do 85 posts in 3 hours it would hardly be a record- I'm only on 20 more minutes but I'll help!

And I still think Xenon should get the 10,000 post- her thread

ReputationRep:
    sorry- being stupid- suppose it would take 985 posts to do it- my math's off....
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    sorry- being stupid- suppose it would take 985 posts to do it- my math's off....
    Never mind... worth a try!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.