Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    Btw, was watching the 3rd movie again, and they had shown many people using wandless magic for everyday normal things. I thought that wandless magic would be pretty advanced stuff, and that not everyone could do it. Or was I totally mistaken?

ReputationRep:
    Finished exams atlast (yey!) and got to see PoA finally yestarday (yey!). I was very pleasantly surprised. The general standard of acting has increased hugely, although there were still a number of very false cram-necessary-information acting moments in there. Certainly a great improvement on the previous two films me thinks.

(Original post by Xenon)
    Btw, was watching the 3rd movie again, and they had shown many people using wandless magic for everyday normal things. I thought that wandless magic would be pretty advanced stuff, and that not everyone could do it. Or was I totally mistaken?
    No, I think you're right. I noticed Dumbledore saved Harry from falling with a wave of his hand -but for him it wouldn't be so unfitting. I had though the wandless magic would be a more advanced thing (or atleast emotionally charged with Harry -blowing up Marge etc).

Phew...I tried to work out where I needed to read back from and I think I'm going to have to start at page 390 or something - so many pages!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Phew...I tried to work out where I needed to read back from and I think I'm going to have to start at page 390 or something - so many pages!
    There's plenty of discussion on the new title for you to enjoy.
    Hope your exams went ok.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how often JK will open that door to give us new book 6 facts. Hopefully now we have the title, the release date should not be far off (living in hope of hopes!)

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, can't be bothered to look back through the thread for the title of the 6th book, especially with my super slow conection, so wat is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Maybe we should pospone it. Till Padfoot and Ditzy are here to enjoy it as well.
    haha thanks Moncal should be back sometime today as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Sorry, can't be bothered to look back through the thread for the title of the 6th book, especially with my super slow conection, so wat is it?
    Harry Potter and the Pillar of Storgé.

EDIT: No it isnt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Hmm, sounds interesting.

ReputationRep:
    It isn't anymore mate. That title was fake.

ReputationRep:
    Its Harry Potter and the half blood prince according to amazon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    It isn't anymore mate. That title was fake.
    yup, just saw that as i read more of the thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    It's been comrimed by JK on her site.

ReputationRep:
    yup, just saw that as i read more of the thread
    How was your holiday anywayz? Did you bring me anythin .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    Cool, i wonder who the half blood prince is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    How was your holiday anywayz? Did you bring me anythin .
    good thanks. Oh loads of stuff

ReputationRep:
    okay, i am very confused. The pillar title was fake. Then the door opened and had a real title? I cant get the door open :confused:

ReputationRep:
    okay, i am very confused. The pillar title was fake. Then the door opened and had a real title? I cant get the door open :confused:
    A few people can't seem to open the door. JK has proplery updated it again.

ReputationRep:
    Cool, i wonder who the half blood prince is!
    Don't we all. But we do know that it isn't Harry or Voldemort (though people are beingining to think that she is talking like Dobby did in CoS. That it is Tom Riddle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    A few people can't seem to open the door. JK has proplery updated it again.
    so if i could open it the sign wouldnt be there?

ReputationRep:
    so if i could open it the sign wouldnt be there?
    I don't know. Maybe.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.