Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    so if i could open it the sign wouldnt be there?
    It was open for a while but she closed it again.

Probably will open it again when she wants to give us more info

She said she would regularly (?how often) give us further book 6 info via that door

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    It was open for a while but she closed it again.

Probably will open it again when she wants to give us more info

She said she would regularly (?how often) give us further book 6 info via that door
    anyone know what the title was that was behind the door?

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
    That was it huh? Sounds very interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Thats the official title im afraid.

Seemed a bit odd but i think its growing on me now. It was meant to be originally a title for CoS but then she changed it.
    But there is meant to be a big clue in CoS regarding book 6.

The main speculation on this thread for the past few pages has been who could the HBP be?

ReputationRep:
    That was it huh? Sounds very interesting.
    Thats what we said. Most reckon it's a rubbish title. As parvati said, we know that it was the orginal title for CoS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Thats what we said. Most reckon it's a rubbish title. As parvati said, we know that it was the orginal title for CoS.
    Perhaps its one of the members of the order?

Congrats on gem 3!

ReputationRep:

Congrats on gem 3!
    I got a third gem :confused: :confused: . "goes off too check".

I did. I better go an see who gave it too me.

EDIT: Oh it was you. Tar mate. I'll give you some in return 2moz when i have the power too.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking since it was to be a title for CoS, HBP may be one of the prominent characters from book 2.

But everyone from Tom Riddle, Slytherin, Mark Evans, Dumbledore, Gryffindor to a new character have been suggested.

ReputationRep:
    Hold on, Mark Evans cannot be a wizard. Remember what fudge said in harry's hearing? " We have no record of any wizard or witch living in little whinging other then harry potter". "The situation has always been closely monitored given past events". So either he isnt of age yet, or he just isnt one.

ReputationRep:
    Hold on, Mark Evans cannot be a wizard. Remember what fudge said in harry's hearing? " We have no record of any wizard or witch living in little whinging other then harry potter". "The situation has always been closely monitored given past events". So either he isnt of age yet, or he just isnt one.
    Yeah thats true! But his name was mentioned as a potential!

I personally think its either Slytherin or Tom Riddle.

Slytherin because he lived long ago and could have ths been a prince (someone said its actually referring to Prince among men and not literally, which could mean is anyone though)

Tom Riddle because Dobby kept telling Harry it was not voldie in CoS and it turned out to be Riddle!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thats true! But his name was mentioned as a potential!

I personally think its either Slytherin or Tom Riddle.

Slytherin because he lived long ago and could have ths been a prince (someone said its actually referring to Prince among men and not literally, which could mean is anyone though)

Tom Riddle because Dobby kept telling Harry it was not voldie in CoS and it turned out to be Riddle!
    Thats a good point. They are the same, but totally different people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Fair point, we should keep voting for Mark Evens on her poll so we can find out about him once and for all.
    What poll is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    What poll is that?
    The poll on JKR site. Go to FAQ, and then there is a little thing behind the book.

ReputationRep:
    What poll is that?
    I think the poll is closed. but she still hasnt answered who mark evans is. making us feel that it may be someone of significance.

ReputationRep:
    Oh darn, have missed the welcome back posts for Moncal and Padfoot. Welcome back you two. Now, I have to go back and read a couple of pages.

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday Thread!

I am sorry I missed the party *waits for the butterbeer to be redistributed* I can't believe dude would party without me :rolleyes: .

I think the prince is Mark Evans. If it is him then that would give a huge clue to the special thing about lily.

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday Thread!

I am sorry I missed the party *waits for the butterbeer to be redistributed* I can't believe dude would party without me :rolleyes: .

I think the prince is Mark Evans. If it is him then that would give a huge clue to the special thing about lily.
    But for if mark is a wizard, he would have to be much younger (not of age), and i cant see a brand new charactor coming in a playing a huge role in the next 2 books.

ReputationRep:
    But for if mark is a wizard, he would have to be much younger (not of age), and i cant see a brand new charactor coming in a playing a huge role in the next 2 books.
    Why shouldn't a new character have a big role? They were all new at some point.

ReputationRep:
    could have ths been a prince (someone said its actually referring to Prince among men and not literally, which could mean is anyone though)

This is the most interesting theory I've heard yet. I really makes you think ... maybe HBP is used the way someone in the states might use terms like JAP or WASP? The only reason I think its something more concrete is that so far JKs titles have always been things central to each book (not abstract concepts or instrumental quotes).

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.