Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Hold on, Mark Evans cannot be a wizard. Remember what fudge said in harry's hearing? " We have no record of any wizard or witch living in little whinging other then harry potter". "The situation has always been closely monitored given past events". So either he isnt of age yet, or he just isnt one.
    We figured that the MoM mean Adult wizards cos they are more reliable witnessess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Happy Birthday Thread!

I am sorry I missed the party *waits for the butterbeer to be redistributed* I can't believe dude would party without me :rolleyes: .

I think the prince is Mark Evans. If it is him then that would give a huge clue to the special thing about lily.
    But again i say that if Mark Evans was related to Lilly, then why would he live with the Dursleys, unless Mark is an orphan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    But again i say that if Mark Evans was related to Lilly, then why would he live with the Dursleys, unless Mark is an orphan
    I've got a really stupid theory, but here goes. Maybe Lily had an affair with someone like Snape. So Mark cannot live with Snape cos he'd constantly be in danger, and Lily's dead, so he would be an orphan.

ReputationRep:
    Severus Snape as Half Blood Prince, maybe? JKR said that there was a lot more to learn about him and his background in Book 6, so that puts him as at least a contender (although not the main one).
    Also, Blood Prince = Vampire, Snape possibly half wizard, half vampire, as suggested before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    Severus Snape as Half Blood Prince, maybe? JKR said that there was a lot more to learn about him and his background in Book 6, so that puts him as at least a contender (although not the main one).
    Also, Blood Prince = Vampire, Snape possibly half wizard, half vampire, as suggested before?
    I dount that Snape is a half blood (in terms of having a muggle father/mother). Remember that he is head of Slytheren which prefares Pure Blood over very thing else. And he was a Death Eater.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I dount that Snape is a half blood (in terms of having a muggle father/mother). Remember that he is head of Slytheren which prefares Pure Blood over very thing else. And he was a Death Eater.
    True, but even Voldie was a half-blood and in Slytherin - being a pure blood isn't a necessity for being a Slytherin.

This may be a reason why Snape's father was abusive towards his mother (possibly muggle?). Although Snape seems to hate those of not pure blood heritage, isn't that the same attitude that Voldie has? Blocking out their own past and taking it out on other 'half-bloods'?

ReputationRep:
    True, but even Voldie was a half-blood and in Slytherin - being a pure blood isn't a necessity for being a Slytherin.
    You can't exactly put the heir of slytherin into a different house can you? Even if he was half-blood. I have a feeling that Voldie was an acception cos of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    You can't exactly put the heir of slytherin into a different house can you? Even if he was half-blood. I have a feeling that Voldie was an acception cos of this.
    hmmm..but why have that exception? Didn't JKR say that the sorting hat was always "sincere", meaning not necessarily accurate in everything it says?
    Also, that the choices of the people being sorted can overule the original placement guidelines.
    Coincidentally, if the title of CoS was going to be HBP, couldn't the HBP quite possibly be Tom? Even though JKR dismissed Voldemort, Dobby said the same thing meaning Tom Riddle - so wouldn't it make sense that the HBP is Tom Riddle considering the possibility of CoS being named HBP?
    I'm sticking with Snape or Tom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I still think the most ironic thing would be if slytherin himself turned out to half blooded! perhaps he too hated his muggle side hence wanted to teach purebloods only

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    I still think the most ironic thing would be if slytherin himself turned out to half blooded! perhaps he too hated his muggle side hence wanted to teach purebloods only
    Like Hitler!
    Nah, I'm not sure Salazar was half-blood, though it could happen. I mean, the fact that Voldie was probably put in slytherin was probably cos he was a descendent of slytherin. Don't see the point with Salazar being half-blood. Though, if JK wants to go the Hitler way, she might make him half-blooded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Though, if JK wants to go the Hitler way, she might make him half-blooded.
    I doubt Salazar was half-blood, JK did say that she did not set out to prove any moral points - and by making the founder of slytherin a half-blood does remind us all of certain war regimes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Maybe he is. Maybe that is one of the things that Dumbledore conveniently forgot to tell Harry. He could be in a similar boat as harry only reversed. His mother is a sister of lily and somehow she dies and he is left with a relative of his father. Since harry would not be related to his aunt's husband, he wouldn't be related to his aunt's husband's family and thus wouldn't live with them. It was never said that petunia didn't have another sister.

ReputationRep:
    I think I have figured out why it can't be voldie in his present state. Before he is resurrected, he has the magical blood of his mother. During the resurection ceremony he takes the blood of wormtail a purblood wizard from all appearances. Maybe this means that Volde is no longer half-blood.

ReputationRep:
    I just realized something. I don't know if it has been mentioned before but, James is not pureblood. When they are looking at the black family tree sirius says that all the pureblood familys are interbred. Since there weren't any potters on the tapestry then that means that James isn't pureblood.

ReputationRep:
    but on her site she says snape is def. not a vampire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I think I have figured out why it can't be voldie in his present state. Before he is resurrected, he has the magical blood of his mother. During the resurection ceremony he takes the blood of wormtail a purblood wizard from all appearances. Maybe this means that Volde is no longer half-blood.
    He took Harry's blood and Wormtail's hand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I've got a really stupid theory, but here goes. Maybe Lily had an affair with someone like Snape. So Mark cannot live with Snape cos he'd constantly be in danger, and Lily's dead, so he would be an orphan.
    But in OotP Mark was 10, and Lily had died 14 years ago, making it impossible for Mark to be her son.

I'm just stamping on theories left right and centre today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    But in OotP Mark was 10, and Lily had died 14 years ago, making it impossible for Mark to be her son.

I'm just stamping on theories left right and centre today!
    How old was dudley in Ootp?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I don't know if anyone has said this already, but could Hagrid be "the half blood prince" by any chance? Because he's half wizard, and half giant, and JKR said that the character played a role in the second book...or something like that, and Hagrid was important in book 2, because of the whole raising giant spiders thing, which Tom Riddle showed Harry through his diary...what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    grrrr, i could have gone to see the 3rd film today (would be seeing it right now) if it wasnt for a load of stupid mistakes, and now i'm PISSED OFF. Cos i was online at 2pm, when my friend says that "we are going to cinema....5pm maybe"....so i say "OK, as long as it isnt in next 2 hours, cos i'm going gym"...and she says "no, it wont be". So i go to gym, get back at just gone 4...log on, and nobody is online to confirm what time we are seeing it....so time ticks by, it gets to 5pm, i think nothing of it, because it was only a maybe anyway, they would have called or something to confirm that. So anyway, at 5:40, someone comes online (who decided not to go cinema themself) and said "hey, you know they waited ages outside the cinema for you!".....GRRR I'm pissed off they didnt even think to just call me and say "where are you!"...it wouldnt have taken me long to get to cinema (less than 10 mins by bike). I know that i should've called them to check what time we were going, but i thought someone would at least have been online to tell me! GRRRR i'm pissed off!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.