Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choco_frog_chic)
    Ha-HAH!! o, burn! i KNEW it! Mark Evans is NOBODY!!
    for those who don't kno what i'm talking about, check the FAQ poll at http://www.jkrowling.com.
    i knew he was nobody, i just knew it.
    down the drain go all your little theories, but o well... another candidate out of the running for HBP, eh?
    thats really not needed, at all. But i will admit i am surprised, seemed to odd to be a coincidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    That's one down, Snape is now looking even more likely
    I'm still convinced its riddle or slytherin!

Well at least the Mark Evans muddle is solved. JK says in answer to that question though, that some of the theories the fans presented about mark evans were highly plausible, I wonder which fan discussion sites she visits (maybe the highly educational UK-Learning forums? )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I think Emma is nice looking, but you are right about her playing Hermionie like a teenager. In the books, she is really just a bookworm until the Yule Ball in GoF.
    I much prefer Hermione the character in the books to Emma's version...but what more can you expect from the WB?

ReputationRep:
    Aaaarrrggghhhh! I was ready to chuck something at her, but her answer was too funny. As if anyone would not choose the Mark option on the poll. I am slightly disappointed, esp as the idea of him being the hbp came into my head , but now, my guess is that Tom Riddle or a new character will be the hbp. I liked the idea of Harry having a hidden relative. Now, I guess we'll see a decline in the discussion of Mark, and I guess less written about him in fanfic etc (if he was previously invloved).
    But yeah, I'm glad we know about him now, before it got too far down the line. Though I would have thought that she might have picked up having used the same surname when reading through. I bet she had publishers etc fooled too, or maybe it's the younger people who pick these stuff up.
    Ok then, bye bye Mark Evans theory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    There is only one problem with that theory. When girls get married they take on their husbands last name. So how could he still be Mark Evans.
    And the answer is: because his mother never married his father.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Aaaarrrggghhhh! I was ready to chuck something at her, but her answer was too funny. As if anyone would not choose the Mark option on the poll. I am slightly disappointed, esp as the idea of him being the hbp came into my head , but now, my guess is that Tom Riddle or a new character will be the hbp. I liked the idea of Harry having a hidden relative. Now, I guess we'll see a decline in the discussion of Mark, and I guess less written about him in fanfic etc (if he was previously invloved).
    But yeah, I'm glad we know about him now, before it got too far down the line. Though I would have thought that she might have picked up having used the same surname when reading through. I bet she had publishers etc fooled too, or maybe it's the younger people who pick these stuff up.
    Ok then, bye bye Mark Evans theory.
    Really? Ugh i didnt think her answer even sounded like he writing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Really? Ugh i didnt think her answer even sounded like he writing it
    I thought it was odd too. Really odd infact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I thought it was odd too. Really odd infact.
    I actually thought she was serious for a moment at the beginning. It just seems like an odd reply

ReputationRep:
    I actually thought she was serious for a moment at the beginning. It just seems like an odd reply
    Maybe she is paranoid and trying to pretend that she isn't by pretending that she is.

ReputationRep:
    what?! Restate that sentence, I'm sitting here trying to figure it out

That STINKS that he's no one- she shouldn't DO things like that (and I bet she won't again) erg- my vote is 100% for Tom Riddle now

Harry isn't a half blood- both his parents were wizards- a half blood is when one parent is a muggle- I dont know what they would call him, maybe a quarter blood? or half mudblood? (sorry for the dirty word)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)

That STINKS that he's no one- she shouldn't DO things like that (and I bet she won't again) erg- my vote is 100% for Tom Riddle now

Harry isn't a half blood- both his parents were wizards- a half blood is when one parent is a muggle- I dont know what they would call him, maybe a quarter blood? or half mudblood? (sorry for the dirty word)
    I think it may be me. Nothing has come flying at my head in a special envelope as yet, but the sounds of owls outside has be worried. Especially as they are relatively rare to come across this far inland on the plains. *sire gets hopes up* lol

ReputationRep:

Thank you, I've had many late night arguements with my housemate over what constitutes a half blood, glad someone agrees with me!

Don't really see what was wrong with JKr's reply though, I found it quite amusing and took it as I think it was intended AS A JOKE! SHe's not paranoid, just trying to sugar the pill for us!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Thank you, I've had many late night arguements with my housemate over what constitutes a half blood, glad someone agrees with me!

Don't really see what was wrong with JKr's reply though, I found it quite amusing and took it as I think it was intended AS A JOKE! SHe's not paranoid, just trying to sugar the pill for us!
    I agree with both parts. Harry can't be half-blood cos both his parents were wizards, and I found J K 's reply pretty funny.

ReputationRep:
    oh it was funny- I meant the news I didn't like- that she dropped that one and didn't think about it- assumed we'd think Evans was a common name- like there aren't a million other names she could have used- Smith even- erg- still annoyed-

one hte other hand- I like this months Wizard on the desk calendar

ReputationRep:
    Well guys, i hate to say it but.................

I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.

I knew that Evans was a common name, but i agree with Xenon. Her answer is pretty funny.

ReputationRep:

Though in a sence i agree with you. Remember what Harry says to Malfoy when he gets his Robes for the first time. "But they were our kind, weren't they". "They were a witch and wizard if thats what you mean".

You seem to be forgetting one thing. Dumbledore and Voldemort always say the similarities between them (both orphans etc) and the most common one is that they are both Half Bloods. And also Malfoy keeps calling Herimonie a mudblood cos she is muggleborn. Do you really think he'd be doing that if being muggleborn, but learning at a wizard school made you a wizard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Well guys, i hate to say it but.................

I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.I TOLD YOU SO.

I knew that Evans was a common name, but i agree with Xenon. Her answer is pretty funny.
    'xcuse, but when did you "tell us so"? may have missed you telling us so, but I always thought you were a 'mark evans theory' supporter?
    o, and just to clear it up for you guys, a half blood is someone who has any direct muggle ancestors. this includes parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, great-great-grandparents, etcetera, etcetera, so on and so forth. the whole "harry is a half blood" thing confused me when I read it, but now I kno THE TRUTH. dun dun dun. anyone care to disagree with me?

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could have this as an image in my sig.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I wish I could have this as an image in my sig.
    resize it?

ReputationRep:
    resize it?
    Image code is turned off.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.