Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavender)
    Is it possible that Aunt Petunia did have some powers?
    I think that'd be very interesting...though I don't think she'd have been to Hogwarts or anything...

Maybe she doesn't but tried to do spells and was jelous? Hmmm...surely we'll be finding out more about them?!

So much needs further explaining!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Petunia went to Hogwarts, but hated it so much that she quit. Just a thought. True, all we know is that Petunia disliked Lily. (Jealousy?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Maybe Petunia went to Hogwarts, but hated it so much that she quit. Just a thought. True, all we know is that Petunia disliked Lily. (Jealousy?)
    hmmm...that's quite an interesting idea- i think petunia definately has something to hide. does anyone else wonder about harry's grandparents? he never seems to question anything about them and they are never mentioned.

i know the films are rubbish and they've probably already done the casting for the 3rd, but does anyone have someone in mind for sirius or lupin? robbie coltrane is exactly how i imagined hagrid, but not many of the others are. i could imagine nicholas lyndhurst as lupin, but i'm really stuck on sirius (my fav character).

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i know the films are rubbish and they've probably already done the casting for the 3rd, but does anyone have someone in mind for sirius or lupin? robbie coltrane is exactly how i imagined hagrid, but not many of the others are.
    I think the same about hagrid...
    The real people playing Lupin and Black look terrible in the pictures *weeps*...
    Don't know about Lupin but I think sirius needs to be someone very handsome- 'dashing'!...hmmm...I saw a picture of I think it was the film's new producer or something and he was rather tasty- but not an actor...hmmm...*strokes goatie*...something to think of...

And I also agree bout your grandparents comment- you'd think Harry'd be more curious about his relations...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    I think sirius needs to be someone very handsome- 'dashing'!...hmmm...I saw a picture of I think it was the film's new producer or something and he was rather tasty- but not an actor...hmmm...*strokes goatie*...something to think of...
    yeah i imagine sirius to be gorgeous- kind of rugged looking but oh so sexy, but still down to earth. i guess i kind of imagine him as a mixture between viggo mortesson (don't think that's spelt right, but hey the sexy one from LOTR) and sean bean... i think in the 5th book lupin mentions something about how everyone fancied sirius because he was so good looking, or it might just have been harry's description of snape's memory in the penseive- it definately implies he is lovely tho.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i imagine sirius to be gorgeous- kind of rugged looking but oh so sexy, but still down to earth. i guess i kind of imagine him as a mixture between viggo mortesson (don't think that's spelt right, but hey the sexy one from LOTR) and sean bean... i think in the 5th book lupin mentions something about how everyone fancied sirius because he was so good looking, or it might just have been harry's description of snape's memory in the penseive- it definately implies he is lovely tho.
    if u go back like into the 20's of these pages there is a link to a website with a picture of sirius and lupin in book 3...they look absolutley...HORRIBLE!!

CR

(Original post by CR3)
    if u go back like into the 20's of these pages there is a link to a website with a picture of sirius and lupin in book 3...they look absolutley...HORRIBLE!!

CR
    i agree, sirius looks like hes near 60 and i think it was just a bad shot of lupin to. he looks too old also....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)

CR
    i agree, sirius looks like hes near 60 and i think it was just a bad shot of lupin to. he looks too old also....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lokeo13)
    Sirius should definately look more like them two from Lord Of The Rings, or perhaps a little bit like Colin Farrell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Not really on the current topics at all but I think I've just noticed a mistake.

Been reading book 2 and Percy (when he's a prefect) takes 5 points from Griffindor from Ron and Harry. But in book 5 we're told that prefects don't have the power to take points. Anyone else noticed this, or any other possible mistakes?
    Going back a page or two now, but just remembered a couple more "mistakes"

I mentioned it before, but at the end of book 3 it says Fred and George got a handful of OWL's each, so they had their results before the end of term, but Harry etc have to wait until the summer for theirs

When Harry and Voldemort are duelling in book 4 and the wands do that Priori Incantatem thing, the echoes come out in reverse order (most recent first) but James come out before Lily, I thought Voldemort killed James first and Lily died saving Harry, so Lily was the more recent of the two and shoukld've come out first. I might be wrong though, can anyone help me out?

ReputationRep:
    How much did Dumbledore know about Voldemort's return? In book 4 after Dumbledore found Harry in the Pensieve he tells hinm how it works. Dumbledore takes a thought from his head and adds it to the basin and Harry sees his own face, then Dumbledore swirls the pensieve round and Snape's face appears talking about the Dark Mark on his arm, Dumbledore then says it was a connection he could have made on his own.

So whats connecting Harry to Snape talking about the Dark Mark? and why doesn't Dumbledore do something about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    When Harry and Voldemort are duelling in book 4 and the wands do that Priori Incantatem thing, the echoes come out in reverse order (most recent first) but James come out before Lily, I thought Voldemort killed James first and Lily died saving Harry, so Lily was the more recent of the two and shoukld've come out first. I might be wrong though, can anyone help me out?
    I seem to remember JKR admitted to this as being a mistake and it might have been corrected in later versions of the book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    I seem to remember JKR admitted to this as being a mistake and it might have been corrected in later versions of the book.
    So she is human then!

ReputationRep:
    Lupin and Sirius must be what, in their early 30s, and I always assumed that Sirius would be really handsome, and Lupin would be ok too. I think that that's most people's assumptions, apart from the directors. It's true, Hagrid is the only good match for his character.
    I hope that we find out more about both Lily and James' parents. Maybe that'll be used more in the next few books.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I knew what James and Lily's jobs were. I feel sure they must be linked into the plot somehow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    I wish I knew what James and Lily's jobs were. I feel sure they must be linked into the plot somehow.
    yeah i wondered that as well, we know what everyone else's parents do.

*new question* worst casting in the films? i think the weasley twins- they should be fantastic + they're really not- it's almost like they just got it because they're red-headed twins.
    i really like oliver wood tho- he has a great accent.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i wondered that as well, we know what everyone else's parents do.

*new question* worst casting in the films? i think the weasley twins- they should be fantastic + they're really not- it's almost like they just got it because they're red-headed twins.
    Yeah but Oliver Wood isn't going to be in any more of the Harry Potter movies. Which is really annoying, because I was really looking forward to the Quidditch matches and Gryffindor winning the quidditch cup. Also, i thought that Percy should have been more nerdy looking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Yeah but Oliver Wood isn't going to be in any more of the Harry Potter movies. Which is really annoying, because I was really looking forward to the Quidditch matches and Gryffindor winning the quidditch cup. Also, i thought that Percy should have been more nerdy looking.
    no more oliver wood? *cries* (my friend keeps telling me the actor is gay- does anyone know if that's true?) i was really looking forward to all that quidditch stuff as well. maybe cedric will be lovely- we haven't seen him yet have we?

i found more PoA photos. i hate both lupin and sirius. sirius just mings and lupin is thin + drawn enough. and they are both to old.
    http://www.azkabanclub.com/modules.p...bum.php&page=1

ReputationRep:
    no more oliver wood? *cries* (my friend keeps telling me the actor is gay- does anyone know if that's true?) i was really looking forward to all that quidditch stuff as well. maybe cedric will be lovely- we haven't seen him yet have we?

i found more PoA photos. i hate both lupin and sirius. sirius just mings and lupin is thin + drawn enough. and they are both to old.
    http://www.azkabanclub.com/modules.p...bum.php&page=1
    That other picture of Sirius is even worse. He looks so UGLY in there, and WAY too old. I think that Alfonso Cuaron (is he the director or something?) has a better look for Sirius. He's young, can look scruffy and rugged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Hmmm...well if there was an original mistake (though I don't recal (but have only actually read the book once or something so may need to check in our copy)) I'm pretty sure it's been changed- I've listened to the tape repeatedly and am pretty sure Lilly comes out first and says something like 'your father's just coming'...anyway some people have already responded to that...

Yeah I liked Oliver Wood- though I also have a thing for Scottish accents *mmm*...
    As for the other casting- I thought pretty much all the 'kids' as it were were pretty bad- some of the acting was so wooden! Ah well..*sigh*...maybe they'll remake them in 20 years with super-special-effects and a well chosen cast

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.