Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Its a no go on the theme park idea people. Warner Bros. canned it immediately. At least the person I emailed did. Something about already having a work in progress and not wishing to threaten their already established parks with something that most likely won't be doing business five years after the release of the 7th movie. I can't blame them, but it would have been a good idea. Perhaps they will add something to their theme parks in the vein of Harry Potter *sigh* I guess thats that.

ReputationRep:
    Have been re-reading CoS (again) and at one point Harry and Ron are pondering what Tom Riddle got his trophy for, Ron suggests that 'maybe he murdered Myrtle'....lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Guys, i've just been on newsround and saw a story on JK and.............well, read the paragraph below.

Speaking straight after the ceremony, JK gave a little hint about what might happen in the last book. She was asked if Harry would graduate in Book VII . She paused before replying: "If I answer that I give quite a lot away, so I'm not going to!"

What do we think about that.
    By that I think she is trying to keep the rumours going that Harry could die at the end of book 7. If he graduates, then he doesn't die because in all the books so far, graduation comes after the main climax of the story for each book. Or it could mean that Harry simply will be dying and JKR just doesn't want people to know the key to the whole series???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choco_frog_chic)
    uurgh, u dont get it. what I meant was, direct lineage. parents, grandparents nth times great grandparents, where you can draw a straight line from the ancestor or relative in question to you on your family tree. wizard blood classification doesnt seem to work the same way as ours. your way of looking at it makes perfect sense, tho. it seems that in the wizarding world you are either muggle-born, halfblood or pureblood - not anything else. no "quarter-bloods" or "half-mudbloods".
    I think I've worked this out from JKR's point of view. There are three types:
    1 Mud Blood
    2 Half Blood
    3 Pure Blood

1- A Mud Blood is someone with parents that are both muggles. Harry isn't one of these.

2- A Half Blood is someone who has one parent from a magical family and one parent.from a muggle family. Harry is one of these because James had magical parents and Lily had muggle parents. However if Harry married a witch who's parents were both magical, then their child would be a Pure Blood owing to having Harry and said witch as parents who had both been children of parents who were both magical. (Still with me?)

3- A Pure Blood is someone with both parents who can directly trace their magical lineage along a family tree.

In short, the wizarding blood type refers to the family that one's parents came from. If they both come from muggle families, they are Mud Bloods. If one parent comes from a muggle family and the other from a magical family, they are Half Bloods. If the parents both come from magical families, they are Pure Bloods.

To explain this, please refer to the attempted wizard/witch tree:
    Mud Blood:
    Dad=muggle Mum=muggle
    Grandparents Dad side=muggle Grandparents Mum side=muggle

Half Blood:
    Dad=wiz/witch Mum=wiz/witch
    Grandparents Dad side=wiz/witch Grandparents Mum side=muggle

Pure Blood:
    Dad=wiz/witch Mum=wiz/witch
    Grandparents Dad side=wiz/witch Grandparents Mum side=wiz/witch

ReputationRep:
    In addition to previous post. Tree showing why any future children of Harry's would be Pure Blood

Child=Pure Blood
    Harry=Half Blood Wife=Half Blood
    Lily=Mud Blood - James=Pure Blood / Wifes Dad=Mud Blood - Wifes Mum=Pure Blood

Conclusion: There is still the lineage for Harry's child to the Pure Blood families of old and both parents, Harry and wife, are at least Half Bloods. If Harry were to marry Hermione, then their child would be a Half Blood, but their grandkids have the chance to be Pure Bloods.

Does this make sense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    It is a general HP message board started by me. It is run by me padfoot Xenon and now Sire. It is entitled the Ultimate Discussion because that is the name of this thread, but there is no affiliation betwixt the two. Currently all of the members are from UKl since 2 days ago me and Xenon pm'ed everybody with 3 or more posts in this thread about it (ahem Brooklyn) We have not advertised in public because 1. we don't want this thread to dry up and 2. it would be frowned upon by the moderators of this forum.
    I quite like the forum, with the exception of the background being the same colour as some of the information text which forces me to highlight it just to make sure I click on the right one. Looks very good aside from that. Though I still need to be given access to my own house of Hufflepuff lol. Hopefully moncal or catalyst can help me out with that shortly as there are a few members who want to join Hufflepuff now

ReputationRep:
    way too confused- going to stick by Dumbledore's ascertion that blood isn't so important- Well, I'm off for a WEEK's vacation- hope to have lots to read when I return!!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone direct me to where the title of book 6 has been discussed, I want to know what you all think as I think it is pretty lame to be honest, it better be a dam good book to make up for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I quite like the forum, with the exception of the background being the same colour as some of the information text which forces me to highlight it just to make sure I click on the right one. Looks very good aside from that. Though I still need to be given access to my own house of Hufflepuff lol. Hopefully moncal or catalyst can help me out with that shortly as there are a few members who want to join Hufflepuff now
    I was thinking that was the reason you were made a mod. You are the Head of Hufflepuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    Have been re-reading CoS (again) and at one point Harry and Ron are pondering what Tom Riddle got his trophy for, Ron suggests that 'maybe he murdered Myrtle'....lol!
    JK did say that Myrtle will return in Half Blood Prince.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    way too confused- going to stick by Dumbledore's ascertion that blood isn't so important- Well, I'm off for a WEEK's vacation- hope to have lots to read when I return!!
    Never fear, Sire is here. Though that doesn't generally guarantee edge of your seat reading

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I was thinking that was the reason you were made a mod. You are the Head of Hufflepuff.
    Yeah, but this Head of Hufflepuff can't get the password moncal gave me to work *sigh* I've tried all variations. Guess I'll just have to get moncal to change it for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Can anyone direct me to where the title of book 6 has been discussed, I want to know what you all think as I think it is pretty lame to be honest, it better be a dam good book to make up for it.
    Within the last ten pages mate, just look at the first post for each page, thats what I did when I went back after being absent for a little while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Never fear, Sire is here. Though that doesn't generally guarantee edge of your seat reading
    Well in the old days (in other words, the early days when i was a member here), there used to be like 4 pages each day. But know, we barley make it one page per day.

But if we have a week, we should have quite a few pages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Well in the old days (in other words, the early days when i was a member here), there used to be like 4 pages each day. But know, we barley make it one page per day.

But if we have a week, we should have quite a few pages.
    yeah I remember those days, I was still just looking as a gues when you first joined though. But in December things were still going strong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    yeah I remember those days, I was still just looking as a gues when you first joined though. But in December things were still going strong.
    The best record i can remember (there may be better ones before i joined) is 10 pages, in one day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    The best record i can remember (there may be better ones before i joined) is 10 pages, in one day.
    Wow, thats not too bad, though I've seen at least 7 pages in one of my longer sessions when I first joined. (back when I was posting around 120per day)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Wow, thats not too bad, though I've seen at least 7 pages in one of my longer sessions when I first joined. (back when I was posting around 120per day)
    It is sort of werid. We joined around the same time and we are two of the most reconisable names here (you more than me cos you have a higher post count).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    yeah it was commen to have about 3-4 pages a day.

(Original post by Daveo)
    I dunno, i think the title is pretty cool.

(Original post by Sire)
    We will work on the text, shoulnt take too long.

(Original post by Sire)
    Its a no go on the theme park idea people. Warner Bros. canned it immediately. At least the person I emailed did. Something about already having a work in progress and not wishing to threaten their already established parks with something that most likely won't be doing business five years after the release of the 7th movie. I can't blame them, but it would have been a good idea. Perhaps they will add something to their theme parks in the vein of Harry Potter *sigh* I guess thats that.
    Or maybe they just stole the idea for themselves. Maybe we should do it anyway

Also, what do you think is the real name for a mudblood?

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps that is the real name, or maybe even a nonblood?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.