Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    It is sort of werid. We joined around the same time and we are two of the most reconisable names here (you more than me cos you have a higher post count).
    Indeed, especially in terms of the harry potter thread, we go back thousands of posts here I'd say you're more recognisable than me, especially cuz of the Bond avatar. I love it

ReputationRep:
    Wow Sire, that's a fair couple of posts on your way back here. Trying to break a record there?

ReputationRep:
    I think I agree with whoever saidd that the Pure/Half Blood thing was a matter of perseption. That seems to amke the most sense and would give tghe best explaination.

A thought I had the other day while re-reading OotP, Does Sirius still have another house somewhere? When he's telling Harry about his family he says that he left home at 16 and went to live with the Potters then his Uncle (or some relation like that) gave him money to get his own place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    Sorry about third post in a row (I have nothing better to do!)

Just had a thought, if Petunia turns out to be the person who can do magic late in life, and vernon is quite obviously the biggest muggle in the universe, then doesn't that make dudley a half-blood...!
    sorry if anyone's said this already, but i haven't read all of this thread! i was remembering the other day when dumbledore said to harry in OotP that when he arrived at hogwarts he was not "a pampered little prince"..... like dudley is! and lily's wizard powers might have come in the family, and petunia might have them, and dudley could so be the half blood prince...

i'm not sure if i really believe this, but it's an interesting possibility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    JK did say that Myrtle will return in Half Blood Prince.
    I didn't know that.....I just thought it was kinda funny, cos Tom Riddle did kill Myrtle. Oh the irony.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by covered farm wa)
    sorry if anyone's said this already, but i haven't read all of this thread! i was remembering the other day when dumbledore said to harry in OotP that when he arrived at hogwarts he was not "a pampered little prince"..... like dudley is! and lily's wizard powers might have come in the family, and petunia might have them, and dudley could so be the half blood prince...

i'm not sure if i really believe this, but it's an interesting possibility.
    I do sincerely hope that the HBP is not dudley. Although for dudley to be half-blood both he and petunia must have some magic in them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Wow Sire, that's a fair couple of posts on your way back here. Trying to break a record there?
    Keeping the dream alive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    I do sincerely hope that the HBP is not dudley. Although for dudley to be half-blood both he and petunia must have some magic in them.
    I dunno, Petunia does seem to know a surprising amount, but Dudley's only magical power seems to be the ability to put on weight faster than a condom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    , but Dudley's only magical power seems to be the ability to put on weight faster than a condom.
    well, that's one way to say it.

anyway have petunia magic blood? and if not how come only one sister has it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    well, that's one way to say it.

anyway have petunia magic blood? and if not how come only one sister has it?
    Well, they share the same blood, because Harry can't be touched by Voldemort whilst he is in the home of Petunia. Dumbledore said something like that

ReputationRep:
    Erm, that post of mine about Snape. How old is that? I can't remember saying that within the last few weeks? I think Egan1 must be one of the most devoted members of this thread if stuff like that can be brought back to the surface. Well done.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, that's a point that's got me thinking. Presumably James and Lilly knew (and thus went into hiding) but we haven't heard about the Longbottom's. Surely they went into hiding too at first- they would have been at equal risk. But then it appears they came out of hiding as the deatheaters got them
    Presumably the Longbottoms also went into hiding and came out once the Potters had been caught, and were then found by th Death Eaters after Harry's parents had died.

ReputationRep:
    Egh. Just read that bit about the gay fanfic. *shudder*. And also, apologies for the above post. Just saw the part about reading this stuff a month late. Where ya been?

ReputationRep:
    My guess for the hbp, though some of you may already know is lockhart. JRK said someone would be developing their magical talents late in life, and with his memory somewhat returning, it would make sense. He was also in the chamber, and just the description of him :Good looking, white teeth, long robes, he just sounds very princely to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    My guess for the hbp, though some of you may already know is lockhart. JRK said someone would be developing their magical talents late in life, and with his memory somewhat returning, it would make sense. He was also in the chamber, and just the description of him :Good looking, white teeth, long robes, he just sounds very princely to me.
    What aboug Hagrid? He never quite finished his schooling at Hogwarts and he is a 'half' giant. Just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    What aboug Hagrid? He never quite finished his schooling at Hogwarts and he is a 'half' giant. Just a thought.
    maybe it has something to do with him being the Keeper of the keys, but we never found out what that meant.

ReputationRep:
    Urrgghhh! He seems to me to one of those stupid people who thinks way too highly of themselves, and nicks ideas off other people. A right old jerk He doesn't deserve to be a prince!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Urrgghhh! He seems to me to one of those stupid people who thinks way too highly of themselves, and nicks ideas off other people. A right old jerk He doesn't deserve to be a prince!
    Certainly fits the criteria of most princes though. Rarely are they ever deserving.

ReputationRep:
    er if thats how a prince should look what happened to our royal family?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Presumably the Longbottoms also went into hiding and came out once the Potters had been caught, and were then found by th Death Eaters after Harry's parents had died.
    my theory (which is one i think i may have mentioned before) is that only the potters went into hiding because dumbledore was tipped off by his spy (or snape when he defected) that voldy was after harry and not neville. So the longbottoms did not need to go into hiding

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.