Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    How can you mistake anyone for me. :mad: :mad: . How dare you, lmao. You are too a most respected member of this site. I remember when you first joined, you got like 100 posts on your first day.
    *chuckles* and 1000 by my 6th day lol Everything was just so new to me back then and I posted on anything that appeared. Which was easier back when there was only one forum and we had to keep bumping this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    But the books always say that Dumbledore is the only thing that Voldemort was afraid of. Remember that even when he was at the highet of his power, Voldemort still didn't try to take over Hogwarts.
    Didn't try? Or just simply was unable to? What would hte strategic value of Hogwarts be anyway? Remove Dumbledore from his duties and leave him with more free time to fight Voldemort?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Didn't try? Or just simply was unable to? What would hte strategic value of Hogwarts be anyway? Remove Dumbledore from his duties and leave him with more free time to fight Voldemort?
    Hmmm, why would Voldemort want Hogwarts? To turn out Dark wizards? But then parnets who disapproved would just stop sneding their children there,and the ones that did approve would probably have been able to teach the dark arts to their children anyway.

The only thingI can think of is that the castle could have been used as a vantige point (in the English Civil war the local school was used to help defend Ashby castle, see I did learn something in GCSE history!) and just taken over for the sake of it to show how storng Voldemort really was.

ReputationRep:
    A good point. I guess I would really appreciate it if JKR finished writing the bloody thing.

ReputationRep:
    Lily was a death eater. This is something from the other site, but I'm assuming that many members from here haven't joined up yet. Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Lily was a death eater. This is something from the other site, but I'm assuming that many members from here haven't joined up yet. Discuss.
    what site?
    and what evidence is there that she was? that thought has never crossed my mind before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    what site?
    and what evidence is there that she was? that thought has never crossed my mind before.
    ok, since no1 else will, i'll tell ppl. come to http://www.s8.invisionfree.com/Ultim...ion/index.php? , it's sort of a spin-off of this discussion, it's awesome but we need more members. come join. o, and join slytherin, we're going to win!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    JK has already said in response to this question "How Dare You", in the sence that how can you accuse Lilly of being such a thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choco_frog_chic)
    ok, since no1 else will, i'll tell ppl. come to http://www.s8.invisionfree.com/Ultim...ion/index.php? , it's sort of a spin-off of this discussion, it's awesome but we need more members. come join. o, and join slytherin, we're going to win!

Shhhhhhhhh! I'll be sued for advertising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    there would be great strategic value in having hogwarts i think because then he could truely finish 'salazar slytherin's noble work'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    JK has already said in response to this question "How Dare You", in the sence that how can you accuse Lilly of being such a thing.
    i think we must take jk's response to confirm lily wasn't a death eater (but as i was mentioning on another certain forum...there is some other reason why voldie said that lily need not have died!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    there would be great strategic value in having hogwarts i think because then he could truely finish 'salazar slytherin's noble work'
    It would be incredibly easy to defend. If dumbledore put a spell on all the windows so that they couldn't be broken and they watched all the secret passages (not sure Voldie would know any of them anyways) then they would just have to defend the front door and if some death eaters got past then you have the maruader's map to find them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    It would be incredibly easy to defend. If dumbledore put a spell on all the windows so that they couldn't be broken and they watched all the secret passages (not sure Voldie would know any of them anyways) then they would just have to defend the front door and if some death eaters got past then you have the maruader's map to find them.
    there may well be something in the CoS that voldie wants and why he may attack hogwarts in the next book

ReputationRep:
    there may well be something in the CoS that voldie wants and why he may attack hogwarts in the next book
    I just had a thought, I mentioned that the maruader's map would help defend the castle, but what if there are secret ways in and out of the castle that aren't in the map. Maybe areas where the writers couldn't go, like the other house's common rooms and the Chamber. It would really surprise me if the only way to the chamber was through the castle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I just had a thought, I mentioned that the maruader's map would help defend the castle, but what if there are secret ways in and out of the castle that aren't in the map. Maybe areas where the writers couldn't go, like the other house's common rooms and the Chamber. It would really surprise me if the only way to the chamber was through the castle.
    Funny you say that because I was thinking that voldie may have reason to return to the CoS, and hence there may well be another entrance to it from outside the castle that only voldie knows about as well. I think the trio need to find out a bit more about salazar slytherin, maybe he left some more clues about secret passages to the chamber.

If thats the case then voldie would be able to attack hogwarts from within.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Is Voldemort really scared of Dumbledore though? He duelled with Dumbledore in the MoM rather than run, and at the beginning of Book 1 Dumbledore told McGonagall that Voldemort was a greater wizard than he was. To which McGonagall said it was because Dumbledore was too noble. I just think that saying Voldemort is afraid of Dumbledore is more along the lines of hope rather than truth.
    Remember the chapter in book 5 when dumbledore was duelling against volde? It was called the only one he ever feared.

ReputationRep:
    Funny you say that because I was thinking that voldie may have reason to return to the CoS, and hence there may well be another entrance to it from outside the castle that only voldie knows about as well. I think the trio need to find out a bit more about salazar slytherin, maybe he left some more clues about secret passages to the chamber.

If thats the case then voldie would be able to attack hogwarts from within.
    It wouldnt be that tough... malfoy, crabbe and goyle's dads could turn up if there is some events like the triwizard cup that needed parents to come. What could dumbledore do? I think he should just expell draco and co.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    It wouldnt be that tough... malfoy, crabbe and goyle's dads could turn up if there is some events like the triwizard cup that needed parents to come. What could dumbledore do? I think he should just expell draco and co.
    Admitidly that would make the books slightly less interesting but certainly more joyful.

ReputationRep:
    I passed Ladyblitzer on the post list when I wasn't looking . :eek: Sire is only 66 posts behind me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    even though it would be good if draco didn't ruin it for harry all the time dumbledore has no reason to expell them, besides they makes it more interesting to read.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.