Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    By wans order, I'm assuming that you mean the duel between Harry and Voldemort Book 4 when the priori incantatem effect took place. I seem to remember the order being Wormtails hand, Cedric, Bertha Jorkins, The Old Man, Lily Potter then James Potter. Lily said something like 'Your fathers coming Harry, he wants to see you, just hang on' something like that. So Voldemort killed James first, then Lily second, then tried to kill Harry. I'm pretty sure thats right, not 100% though.
    That is correct. I guess I should change the font of my ad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    That is correct. I guess I should change the font of my ad.
    Excellent now there are 3 decent sized ads that will be seen in every post we make. Now it is the perfect time to flood the General Chat forum lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    By wans order, I'm assuming that you mean the duel between Harry and Voldemort Book 4 when the priori incantatem effect took place. I seem to remember the order being Wormtails hand, Cedric, Bertha Jorkins, The Old Man, Lily Potter then James Potter. Lily said something like 'Your fathers coming Harry, he wants to see you, just hang on' something like that. So Voldemort killed James first, then Lily second, then tried to kill Harry. I'm pretty sure thats right, not 100% though.
    Actually, the order was Cedric, The Old Man (i think his name was Frank), Bertha, then James. It was he who said "You're mother is coming harry, she wants to see you". Then Lilly came out. Meaning that Lilly died first then James. But Voldemort told Harry ion one book that he killed his father first. So the only thing i can think of is that he hit James with Aveda Kavarda, but he didn't die straight away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    even though it would be good if draco didn't ruin it for harry all the time dumbledore has no reason to expell them, besides they makes it more interesting to read.
    Sure he does: Why would he want sons of known death eaters at his school? I would expel them in a second!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Sure he does: Why would he want sons of known death eaters at his school? I would expel them in a second!
    He could be a spy for us. He would know much of the inside information from his father, and maybe from being involved himself. Malfoy would be very useful indeed. It would be very interesting if he did join the good side, as it would involve all the houses coming together (like the sorting house said).
    Do you reckon that at one point all the houses will work together to defeat Voldie, like the sorting hat advised?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    He could be a spy for us. He would know much of the inside information from his father, and maybe from being involved himself. Malfoy would be very useful indeed. It would be very interesting if he did join the good side, as it would involve all the houses coming together (like the sorting house said).
    Do you reckon that at one point all the houses will work together to defeat Voldie, like the sorting hat advised?
    I dunno, i would be VERY surprised if draco turned out to be good- remember, jrk did an interview saying harry and draco would NOT team up, as was rumored at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Actually, the order was Cedric, The Old Man (i think his name was Frank), Bertha, then James. It was he who said "You're mother is coming harry, she wants to see you". Then Lilly came out. Meaning that Lilly died first then James. But Voldemort told Harry ion one book that he killed his father first. So the only thing i can think of is that he hit James with Aveda Kavarda, but he didn't die straight away.
    That would mean that James is a very powerful wizard. It is infered that Lily was too. Maybe harry is stronger than he has yet to discover.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    To summarise the wand order saga (as I understand it!):

1. The first editions of GOF had James coming out of the wand due to priori incantatum first, then Lily, leading fans to conclude that Lily died first, then James. (as the spells he cast came out in reverse order)
    2. JK then corrected this in later editions of GoF, to read Lily coming out first, then James, ending above speculation as it corrberates what Voldie said that he killed James first then Lily.
    3. Then recently on JK's website in the FAQ, she said that it was wrong again and James came out first, then Lily as it originally said in the first editions of GoF. (see a few posts back when we were discussing the wand order again).
    4. It seems JK has changed it again in her FAQ to say that indeed Lily came out of the wand first (i.e. James died first then Lily!)

All a bit confusing really, please correct me if i got it wrong

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, i would be VERY surprised if draco turned out to be good- remember, jrk did an interview saying harry and draco would NOT team up, as was rumored at the time.
    Doh, didn't realise that. I guess that idea is scrapped then. I remember when J K said that she was a bit freaked out at how many people liked Malfoy and dressed up like him.

ReputationRep:
    I think the most bizzare thing about harry potter I have ever seen is some of the pairings in fanfics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    To summarise the wand order saga (as I understand it!):

1. The first editions of GOF had James coming out of the wand due to priori incantatum first, then Lily, leading fans to conclude that Lily died first, then James. (as the spells he cast came out in reverse order)
    2. JK then corrected this in later editions of GoF, to read Lily coming out first, then James, ending above speculation as it corrberates what Voldie said that he killed James first then Lily.
    3. Then recently on JK's website in the FAQ, she said that it was wrong again and James came out first, then Lily as it originally said in the first editions of GoF. (see a few posts back when we were discussing the wand order again).
    4. It seems JK has changed it again in her FAQ to say that indeed Lily came out of the wand first (i.e. James died first then Lily!)

All a bit confusing really, please correct me if i got it wrong
    Thats exactly how I understood it, from what Harry heard when he came into contact with the dementors we know that when Voldemort turned up at Godrocs Hollow James told Lily to take Harry and run before he was killed, then Lily died when she refused to let Harry die too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Doh, didn't realise that. I guess that idea is scrapped then. I remember when J K said that she was a bit freaked out at how many people liked Malfoy and dressed up like him.
    Also it is metioned in nearly every brginiining chapter that Harry and Malfoy have been ememys ever since they first met (on the train, Diagon Ally doesn't count). It kind of reminds you of James relationship to Snape.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Dude)
    Also it is metioned in nearly every brginiining chapter that Harry and Malfoy have been ememys ever since they first met (on the train, Diagon Ally doesn't count). It kind of reminds you of James relationship to Snape.
    Does that mean a literary parallel with Harry "saving" Malfoy in Book 6?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Thats exactly how I understood it, from what Harry heard when he came into contact with the dementors we know that when Voldemort turned up at Godrocs Hollow James told Lily to take Harry and run before he was killed, then Lily died when she refused to let Harry die too.
    Its odd though, isnt it. Lily could have apperated couldnt she? But that would have meant leaving harry... I wonder if it would have done any good for lily and james to double team volde insteadof one at a time? That way they could have watched each others backs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    Does that mean a literary parallel with Harry "saving" Malfoy in Book 6?
    I dount that JK will use the same storyline twice (in more ways than one for all you "Sirius will come back with the Time Turner" fans).

ReputationRep:
    Its odd though, isnt it. Lily could have apperated couldnt she? But that would have meant leaving harry... I wonder if it would have done any good for lily and james to double team volde insteadof one at a time? That way they could have watched each others backs.
    Hmmm, I guess the only thing they were thinking of was saving Harry, and if that meant dying in the process then that was a risk they were prepared to take. Do you think Lily tried to escaoe with Harry, or did it all happen too quickly for her to do anything about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Hmmm, I guess the only thing they were thinking of was saving Harry, and if that meant dying in the process then that was a risk they were prepared to take. Do you think Lily tried to escaoe with Harry, or did it all happen too quickly for her to do anything about it?
    In the movie it showed her still in the house, like in the next room. But volde said james put up a good fight, so one would think it would have lasted the ten seconds it would have taken her too run out the back door. (Assuming they had one )

ReputationRep:
    If you can apparate with you clothes still on you, shouldn't you be able to apparate holding a baby?

ReputationRep:
    In the movie it showed her still in the house, like in the next room. But volde said james put up a good fight, so one would think it would have lasted the ten seconds it would have taken her too run out the back door. (Assuming they had one )
    She could have blown a hole in the wall...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    If you can apparate with you clothes still on you, shouldn't you be able to apparate holding a baby?
    Harry wasnt of age.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.