Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    In OotP, the Prophet report when the Death Eaters escape says that Antonin Dolohov killed Gideon and Fabian Prewett. Aren't they Molly's brothers, according to JKR's web page? How come Ron doesn't seem to know this? I mean, he knows about some distant Muggle relation, but not about his uncles? Maybe they died before he was born so they're not mentionned, but you'd think Charlie and Bill would've met them....
    I thought of that a couple of days ago. Maybe its just assumed that everyone lost some family (it says something of the sort in an earlier book, think its POA) and its not such a big deal since it wasn't immediate family. I dunno, just speculation.

ReputationRep:
    Egan, Sirius's other house I mentioned:

In OotP when they're looking at the family tree, Sirius says he left home at 16 and went to live with the Potters. He then says that once he was 17 he got a place of his own because his Uncle Alphard helped him out.

Another though I had, whose gonna commentate on the quidditch matches HBP now Lee Jordans left school. For some reason my gut instinct says it'll br Colin Creevey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I thought of that a couple of days ago. Maybe its just assumed that everyone lost some family (it says something of the sort in an earlier book, think its POA) and its not such a big deal since it wasn't immediate family. I dunno, just speculation.
    But Susan Bones (I think) lost cousins and uncles and she got gossiped about. Doesn't really matter I 'spose, just wondered...

ReputationRep:

In OotP when they're looking at the family tree, Sirius says he left home at 16 and went to live with the Potters. He then says that once he was 17 he got a place of his own because his Uncle Alphard helped him out.

Another though I had, whose gonna commentate on the quidditch matches HBP now Lee Jordans left school. For some reason my gut instinct says it'll br Colin Creevey.
    I assume Uncle Alphard wasn't on the tree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I assume Uncle Alphard wasn't on the tree.
    I guess so. Sirius said that anyone nice got blasted off. I think Uncle Alpahard would have been long gone!

ReputationRep:
    I guess so. Sirius said that anyone nice got blasted off. I think Uncle Alpahard would have been long gone!
    I think Sirius did say something like, "thats why he isn't on here i suppose" when he is refaring to his Uncle.

ReputationRep:

I dunno, colin seems kind of boring

ReputationRep:
    Only 12 posts today. We didn't even get a whole page in the last 24 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Only 12 posts today. We didn't even get a whole page in the last 24 hours.
    Where's sire when you need him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Where's sire when you need him?
    That's a very good question. I haven't seen or heard from him all day.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, colin seems kind of boring
    Yeah, he just seems like the Harry loving, photo snapping kid, who will hopefully be useful in the fight against Voldie, as he is in DADA. I doubt that he'll be the hbp.

ReputationRep:
    This is going to be the actor playing Cedric.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/tv...00/3901819.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    I reckon if I let you borrow my super-stylish orange velvet wizards hat (it really is classy- I have a rather fine hat collection) you'd be in with a good chance of getting noticed! :P
    Just found a hat site while looking at something else and look what was on there - http://www.uk-learning.net/attachmen...tid=5619&stc=1 -That'd be fun! They've also got some HP robes in another section.
    [ http://www.genkigang.com/genkigang.html -mostly anime-related hats but if you want to have a look, the go into 'store' and the snitch hat is in the hat section and the robes are in the 'mad props' section]

Again, to save space, Egan go to JKR main page, and click on the paper clips which should bring you to the FAQ. Click on the envolope (sp?) thats says "Other stuff" There is a piece of parchment behind the main one, point at it and click on "FAQ poll"
    Thanks for the instructions. Have read it now. Gah! Her reply was enjoyable but this is so frustrating- had been thinking of all the ways he could be introduced...alas.

(Original post by *Joanna*)
    In OotP, the Prophet report when the Death Eaters escape says that Antonin Dolohov killed Gideon and Fabian Prewett. Aren't they Molly's brothers, according to JKR's web page? How come Ron doesn't seem to know this? I mean, he knows about some distant Muggle relation, but not about his uncles? Maybe they died before he was born so they're not mentionned, but you'd think Charlie and Bill would've met them....
    How do you know Ron doesn't know about them? Just because he hasn't mentioned them doesn't mean he doesn't know what happened.

Ah yes, that's it. Actually, it's quite odd that his parents actually left their house to him - I could imagine them gifting it to Bellatrix or some similarly evil relative. Perhaps, as an old wizarding family, it was natural for it to go from father to son sort of thing - or maybe they died suddenly and were unable to change their will first (though that doesn't add up as Sirius said his mother stayed alive out of spite).

(Original post by Newsround)
    Goblet of Fire should be in cinemas in November 2005.
    That's quite some time then.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Man, there is hardly any posts to read today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    This is going to be the actor playing Cedric.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/tv...00/3901819.stm
    i think he looks perfect for the role, what do u ppl think? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Man, there is hardly any posts to read today.
    well, it is a slow time rite now. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choco_frog_chic)
    well, it is a slow time rite now. :rolleyes:
    It's cos we've really run out of stuff to talk about. But i've just remembered a topic i've been wanting to put up.

Voldemort was left without a body right when Harry defeated him as a baby. So what happened to his wand? We know it's the same wand that he had as a student cos of Mr Olivander and of Prior In.......whatever (you know what i mean) in GoF. So how did he get his wand back after all those years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    How do you know Ron doesn't know about them? Just because he hasn't mentioned them doesn't mean he doesn't know what happened.
    True, but I did say it doesn't seem as if Ron knows...and Harry, Ron and Hermione tell each other most things...

I'm not sure about the Cedric actor, but then again, it's gonna be impossible to find actors that fit the image that everyone has in their own head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    It's cos we've really run out of stuff to talk about. But i've just remembered a topic i've been wanting to put up.

Voldemort was left without a body right when Harry defeated him as a baby. So what happened to his wand? We know it's the same wand that he had as a student cos of Mr Olivander and of Prior In.......whatever (you know what i mean) in GoF. So how did he get his wand back after all those years.
    Really good question. I always assumed wormtail took it back to him, but if he wasnt there, you would think the aurors would have seen it lying around, taken it to ollivander, and when they found out what it was, destroyed it. Very odd.

I found this quote in book 1, that i am pretty sure is not important, but i found it interesting: (this is when they are waiting to be sorted) "My dear Friar, haven't we given peeves all the chances he deserves? He gives us all a bad name, and you know, he's not really even a ghost".
    What does he mean he's not really a ghost?

ReputationRep:
    What does he mean he's not really a ghost?
    the other ghosts do not consider him to be a proper ghost probably because he is a poltergeist. he is solid-looking, not white and transparent like the other ghosts and can turn invisible at will.

Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.